NOVEMBER- 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• SharonDelorey
    Options
    So I finished Day 11, which is Level 2. Holy, hard! What a difference after doing the same thing for 10 days! My shoulders are so shaky! I can't believe all the plank moves. It's good though. I can see how it will help tone up.
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi, what are you all recording this as on the exercise data thing ?? Would love to know how many calories they estimate it burns x
  • Kerry1023
    Options
    Where did the week go.... haven't done a workout since Tuesday....NOT GOOD! Life is getting in the way :(
    Back to the grind tomorrow. Weighed in today and was up 1.9lbs. Hoping is from the stress and lack of exercise the past few days. Lots of steps walking around the hospital but that all..... Here's to a better week. Tomorrow I WILL do day 6 level 1. No excuses!

Thanks for listening and keep up the great work!
  • kargreen
    Options
    Started level two last night. Kicked my butt!!! Then again I ran two miles right before I did it. I think I should shred first and then run.... or at least wait a little while. It was a crazy day so I was trying to get it all in...

Alls I know is that its friday and I am craving pizza!!! (sorry that wasnt much help for the dieting but I have been doing it all week)
  • SharonDelorey
    Options
    Day 12 complete! It wasn't as bad as yesterday, now that I knew what to expect.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I was suppose to start Lvl 2 yesterday but I fell asleep so I didnt get any exercise in yesterday. So, I started lvl 2 today and it was a GOOD workout. I had to take a couple of 10-15 second breaks because my shoulders were burning.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 10 I had to take my rest day early I felt like I was coming down with something yesterday and was sent home from work with a fever but I felt much better today so back at it.

To answer the weight question I use 5 pounds weights b/c thats what I have at home and the squat press and the last weight exercise in circuit 3 of level one kill me with those but I muddle through it :P
  • loveme445
    Options
    I know this is probably a stupid question but what size weights are recommended with the 30 day shred? I have 5 lb weights and can barely get through some of the exercises? Thanks in advance.

Heather

Never a stupid question, if you dont know something u have to ask....I use 5 lb weights and I have to put them down sometimes because I cant handle it.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Hi, what are you all recording this as on the exercise data thing ?? Would love to know how many calories they estimate it burns x

I log 30 Day Shred as Circuit Training
  • fit2sit
    fit2sit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    day 9 of lvl 1 done. one more day of level 1 and I'll start lvl 2 on Sunday
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Managed day 8 this morning, can't believe I'll be on Level 2 next week!!!!!!
    I'm soooooooooo close to ONEderland. Haven't taken any measurements since starting the shred, but am hoping to when I've finished level1.
  • ep_euphoria
    Options
    Oh my freaking goodness.

Did day one of level 2 yesterday and day two today.

I actually had an asthma attack just before the end of day one, I wasn't able to do the last minute of abs because of it - had to pause and drink some water and walk around for 5-10 minutes... still did my cool down though. I can't remember the last time I had a problem with asthma, I used a puffer as a kid.

Today I did more of the strength reps than I was able to do yesterday already, and no asthma attack haha I can't wait to be done at the end of this 10 days! After 30 my body is going to be so much fitter, I'm so excited! I'm really scared about level 3 now hehehe
  • tanias11
    Options
    Where did the week go.... haven't done a workout since Tuesday....NOT GOOD! Life is getting in the way :(
    Back to the grind tomorrow. Weighed in today and was up 1.9lbs. Hoping is from the stress and lack of exercise the past few days. Lots of steps walking around the hospital but that all..... Here's to a better week. Tomorrow I WILL do day 6 level 1. No excuses!

Thanks for listening and keep up the great work!

i havent dont the shred in probably a week! ahh :( ive been working out but i cant find myself to do the dvd!! :(
  • SharonDelorey
    Options
    I did Day 13, Level 2 today. It was much better knowing what to expect. Still really hard, but I'm starting to feel like it's all worth it. I'm feeling tighter. I may be mistaking it for soreness heehee :blushing:
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Day 11 done...I"m still doing level 1 b/c the others haven't came up on demand yet, but I'm trying to get through the whole thing without even stopping (sometimes I have to breathe) or putting the weights down.
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 9, one more day and i am on level 2.

Anyone having knee pain ???? I am pretty good at completing everything, except the lunges are hard on my knees. Also the 30 second cardio , jumping jacks , jump rope etc. Thats the hardest for me, i almost got it tonight without stopping, its hard, thats the hardest one...i can do jumping jacks, and then jump rope and back to jumping jacks, but the last jump robe is terrible. What ist he hardest move for you all ?

Anyways, if you guys still want me to do the chart for the first 10 days please send me ur current measurements so that i can complete the chart for the first 10 days completed.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 9, one more day and i am on level 2.

Anyone having knee pain ???? I am pretty good at completing everything, except the lunges are hard on my knees. Also the 30 second cardio , jumping jacks , jump rope etc. Thats the hardest for me, i almost got it tonight without stopping, its hard, thats the hardest one...i can do jumping jacks, and then jump rope and back to jumping jacks, but the last jump robe is terrible. What ist he hardest move for you all ?

Anyways, if you guys still want me to do the chart for the first 10 days please send me ur current measurements so that i can complete the chart for the first 10 days completed.

My knees are sore and have been since I started. And I hate jump rope. Although, I can now do the last lot of cardio without any tweaks!
    Will try and do some measuring today.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I plan on starting it tomorrow (Monday). I have never done any of her videos, so I don't know what to expect.

What is the average calorie burn for each workout? Is there a Jillian Michaels workout option already on here?
  • loveme445
    Options
    I plan on starting it tomorrow (Monday). I have never done any of her videos, so I don't know what to expect.

What is the average calorie burn for each workout? Is there a Jillian Michaels workout option already on here?

There is not a Jillian Michaels workout option on MFP. I log 30 Day shred as Circuit Training and according to MFP I burn about 300 cals per session-Im 5' 7" and 196.6 lbs (I dont own a HRM YET so not sure how accurate the calories burned are). Good Luck!