NOVEMBER- 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Kerry1023
    Options
    Day 3 done.YEAH! Feeling it though. It's a good boost of energy in the am. Question for any of you that workout in the am..... Do any of you eat before exercise and if so what? Not a breakfast person so I've been waiting to have my protein shake after. Trying to decided what is best,

Thanks and keep up the great work :)
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done.YEAH! Feeling it though. It's a good boost of energy in the am. Question for any of you that workout in the am..... Do any of you eat before exercise and if so what? Not a breakfast person so I've been waiting to have my protein shake after. Trying to decided what is best,

Thanks and keep up the great work :)

i have researched this online, it is good to eat like a banana, or something before you exercise, i also read that the first 45 minutes after exercising is the “metabolic window" the article states "This means that enzymes that replenish muscle carbs are at their highest levels. Plus, insulin, which rebuilds protein stores, is at peak levels. So eating a carb-and-protein mix (peanut butter sandwich, yogurt with fruit, bagel with cream cheese, or a handful of nuts) at this point will maintain muscle, replenish glycogen stores and reduce the amount of fat your body stores."

SO i am going to try this !

You can read the entire article http://health.msn.com/fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100146039&page=2
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    May I join you? This is my 2nd bout with Jillian, but never made it past Level 1 last time. :ohwell:

I have only completed 1 day (on Tuesday) but it was much easier than the first time I did it. I didn't do it yesterday because I am training for a half marathon and didn't want to injure myself (yesterday was our long run - 8 miles). I am planning to do it everyday except on the days that I run.

Add me as a friend! :flowerforyou:
  • Kerry1023
    Options
    Thanks edinat for the info. Going to start adding 1/2 banana before working out and see how it goes. Then the protein shake after. The article was very insightful.

Thanks again.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I never eat anything before I workout mainly because I do it at 4:30 am.
  • SharonDelorey
    Options
    Day 4 complete! I'm no longer sore, but I feel it as I'm doing everything. I've upped my weights from 3lb to 5lbs for everything except the anterior raises (just can't do more then 3lbs near the end). I've added my 100 bonus jumping jacks at the end again. I'm loving it. I feel more energized at the end.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Day 4 complete and its the first time I've felt good doing it, sweating and panting but good...managed to get all the jumping jacks in a couple of jump ropes and a round of butt kicks..

Oh heres my measurements from day 1 (cuz I'm a slacker)
    neck 13
    chest 43
    waist 42
    hips 43 1/2
    rt/lft arm 24/24
    rt/lft calf 12/12
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Drink plenty of water!
  • amyisley17
    Options
    Day 4 is done and wasn't bad at all. I also took measurements on day 1 for comparison later.
    Wt 172.5
    arms: 11
    waist: 41
    chest : 40
    hips: 41.5
    thighs: 20
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group as well. I have just started doing the 30 day shred and am only on level 1. I know I am a few days behind but have plugged all my measurements in as of last night. I need to lose 20 lbs by Christmas! I want to be able to go buy a new wardrobe with lots of cute clothes in it! I would like to be friends with anyone who wants support and wants to support me. I need encouragement to stick to this!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Complete....I cant believe I did 15 of the pushups today, :noway: Thanks to this push up challenge I joined this month (push ups are my worst enemy).....After I finished the 30 Day Shred, I decided to see if I could do some of her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. I did the entire DVD, that was a good workout. I like the different cirucuits, well not Circuit 4, not feeling the mountain climbs and plank exercises. I was sweating and exhausted after this workout. I will definitely be adding this DVD to my workout schedule. :smile:
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Day 5 complete and I have to say today was easier. Tomorrow is a rest day for me and I'll miss a couple of days next week due to traveling for work so I think I'll do what I can of level 1 next week and then move one to Level 2.
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Day 4 Complete....I cant believe I did 15 of the pushups today, :noway: Thanks to this push up challenge I joined this month (push ups are my worst enemy).....After I finished the 30 Day Shred, I decided to see if I could do some of her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. I did the entire DVD, that was a good workout. I like the different cirucuits, well not Circuit 4, not feeling the mountain climbs and plank exercises. I was sweating and exhausted after this workout. I will definitely be adding this DVD to my workout schedule. :smile:

I'm doing a pushup challenge too! So far I loving it. Did 52 regular pushups today and then a bunch a girlie ones during Shred.
  • tanias11
    Options
    i havent done the shred in two days! ahh but today after i get all the things i need fo rmy son's birthday this weekend i will be dont 2 sessions today and 2 saturday to make up for day 3 and 4. helpppp need motivationnn
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    txchic - Have you started yet? Maybe you and I can kinda stick together. I was unable to do it last night because we had company till late and I had an early morning. I would like to lose 14 by christmas. Add me as a friend and maybe we can motivate each other! I'm going to do day 2 tonight because my baby will be with my parents and she won't try to knock me down!
  • diverdi
    diverdi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Can I join too? My DVD just arrived and did day 1 yesterday. I watched the dvd first and thought it looked easy-how wrong was I?!! I had to resort to girly push-ups and my chets is soooo sore today.
    I'm hoping to do it 5 days a week as I go to karate class wednesdays and sundays.
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

good for you!! yesterday i tried doing the metabolism dvd but could only go halfway before my 2 yer old tried to mimic me and i was scared i was going to kick him in the head lol. i also hated the mountain climber AND the burpees yuck, but its a great workout. im already finding level 1 of the shred fairly easy now so im either going to try the banish fat then shred or shred level 1 and 2 to get a better workout. keep it up!!! :)
  • gutierrezab
    gutierrezab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I just started the 30-day Shred yesterday... 11/4.. I go on a cruise on the 27th of this month and hope to Shred every day until then.
    I did level 1 yesterday when I got home from work then went jogging/walking for an hour afterwards.
    Man.. am I sore today! I feel that productive burn!
    Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress!

P.S.
    How long do you do each level before moving to the next?
    Just curious how other people are doing it..

Abby =P
  • Tee_S
    Tee_S Posts: 10
    Options
    I have been wanting to try this for awhile now! Keep us posted on how it goes. I might be starting up Insanity or P90X soon...
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I just started the 30-day Shred yesterday... 11/4.. I go on a cruise on the 27th of this month and hope to Shred every day until then.
    I did level 1 yesterday when I got home from work then went jogging/walking for an hour afterwards.
    Man.. am I sore today! I feel that productive burn!
    Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress!

P.S.
    How long do you do each level before moving to the next?
    Just curious how other people are doing it..

Abby =P