NOVEMBER- 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Day 2 in the books...my upper body is very sore today. Started the 100 pushup challenge as well. I'm just not burning as many calories as I would like. I guess going from 45-60 minute cardio to a 20 minutes workout I should expect that.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    How do you guys measure ? I always feel confused -
    any suggestions ?

For the waist you measure at your natural waistline which is actually your narrowest spot (almost right under you bust, right where you curve in.) I myself like to measure both there and my widest part since I have a flat but wide shaped waist and inches don't move very much for me at the narrowest part.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Also- i would like to know how the rest of you will log the 30 day shred under what in the exercise data base ? I no longer have a
    HRM so i'm not sure how many kcls to enter for that workout ...

I burn 150 calories doing the shred, I'm 5'8 and 137lbs. I log it as circuit training but I edit the calories down from 248 (which is what MFP says) to the more correct 150 based on my HRM. Actual is probablly more like 196 as my HRM is wrist-only so not AS accurate, its probably the median of the 2 numbers but I always log the lower one based on my HRM.

That is one of the reasons why I hesitate to stick to this program is because it is so low on caloric burn. If I did just the shred I would have to do large cardio workouts as well. I'm a Turbo Jam fan myself and a 40 min TJ I burn about 350 calories.

I however do need to build more muscle (currently at 22% bf want to be 19 within a year) and like so many women despite knowing better my instinct is to go, go go on cardio and neglect weights so perhaps I should just reduce my caloric intake and try the shred for 30 days, see what happens.
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Day one -- completed last night
    Day two -- completed this morning

feels good!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Also- i would like to know how the rest of you will log the 30 day shred under what in the exercise data base ? I no longer have a
    HRM so i'm not sure how many kcls to enter for that workout ...

I burn 150 calories doing the shred, I'm 5'8 and 137lbs. I log it as circuit training but I edit the calories down from 248 (which is what MFP says) to the more correct 150 based on my HRM. Actual is probablly more like 196 as my HRM is wrist-only so not AS accurate, its probably the median of the 2 numbers but I always log the lower one based on my HRM.

That is one of the reasons why I hesitate to stick to this program is because it is so low on caloric burn. If I did just the shred I would have to do large cardio workouts as well. I'm a Turbo Jam fan myself and a 40 min TJ I burn about 350 calories.

I however do need to build more muscle (currently at 22% bf want to be 19 within a year) and like so many women despite knowing better my instinct is to go, go go on cardio and neglect weights so perhaps I should just reduce my caloric intake and try the shred for 30 days, see what happens.

I'm trying to reduce my caloric intake to make it match the calories burned. I have been killing the cardio workouts and burning 400 calories for a 45 minute session with Turbo Fire. However, in doing that I've never learned how to eat within my allowed calories which I need to learn to do cause I can't keep up the intensity of Turbo Fire for life.
  • mrskelsey24
    mrskelsey24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like the every 10 day weigh ins. Should we just private message them again or announce them on here?
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I also do a 60 minute exercise, and if your trying to do this dvd only , 20 minutes wont do it, i am doing other exercises along with it, (bike, elliptical, running) etc depends how i feel, but i am trying to get at least 50 minutes ! So if you guys want more calorie burning, add some other exercises to go with it !
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I also do a 60 minute exercise, and if your trying to do this dvd only , 20 minutes wont do it, i am doing other exercises along with it, (bike, elliptical, running) etc depends how i feel, but i am trying to get at least 50 minutes ! So if you guys want more calorie burning, add some other exercises to go with it !

I would have to agree. I did levels 1,2, and 3 back to back in order to check out the DVD. I would at least recommend working your way through level two right after level one.
  • butilovetacos
    butilovetacos Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did my first day yesterday, It has been about 2 years since I have done 30day and I am dying this morning. The best part is that while trying to do the ab work, my little puppy thought it was play time and kept giving me kisses. He is the worst demotivator ever!!!! Today is day two, I am hoping I do better today and actually feel like I am achieving. I have also been adding 45-60 mins of elliptical/treadmill work in there too, in order to burn more calories! My biggest suggestion to watching your calories is to not add your exercise till the end and only look at your daily intake. Than if you go over a little you wont feel to bad when you add all of those great earned calories threw working out! Question: When is everyone moving to different levels?
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    1. i'm ok with weighin in every 10 days- and it's ok if we do it here in the open - why hide ? post your starting weight and your - after 10 days results

2. I do more than the 30 day shred - that's not enough for me i have to get at least 50-60 mins of workout a day - so add some treadmill etc.. into it.

3. I will move to diff. levels every 10 days so that i have 10 days of each level.

Finished day two - . I'm faking many of the exercises.. i have a hard time with the jumping jacks, butt kicks ( almost impossible i don't know why )_ .. and push ups are hard even on the modified version- because i have problems with my wrists- they hurt a lot .. and it gets worse from the pressure- but i'm trying to do the best i can ..

Let's keep it going..
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    2nd day is complete.

I'm also combining 30DS with the C25K program. On days when I'm not running I'm also aiming to do 20-30 minutes of some other form of exercise either abs, yoga, or kickboxing or a cardio DVD. I'm not looking for a huge calorie burning for weight loss. I'm out more for toning up right now.
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Thanks for recommending this DVD. 30 minutes is all I can give and this workout keeps me moving. Even still I had a "I need help with my homework" and "It's your mother on the phone" during the time. I'm also only using 2lb weights but every little bit helps.
  • Kerry1023
    Options
    Started the 30ds on Oct 30th when I got back form vacation. Would love to join the group if it's not too late. Could use the support and motivation!

Thanks, Kerry
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    ok I have had this dvd forever and am just now starting.... NO MORE FEAR!!! My summer brought me up 15 lbs I need to say bye bye to those again and hopefully another 10 on top of that! I am 5'8" 178 lbs. waist 33 hips 40 bust 40... I just finished day one and definitely broke a good sweat! I am super excited... so do you go everyday or take days off?
    /;
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    so do you go everyday or take days off?
    /;

I would only recommend one day of rest. The workout may be hard on the knees, so on the fourth workout day you might want to do yoga or pilates, but on the seventh day rest.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    ok I have had this dvd forever and am just now starting.... NO MORE FEAR!!! My summer brought me up 15 lbs I need to say bye bye to those again and hopefully another 10 on top of that! I am 5'8" 178 lbs. waist 33 hips 40 bust 40... I just finished day one and definitely broke a good sweat! I am super excited... so do you go everyday or take days off?
    /;
    I'm aiming to do the dvd Mon, Tues, Thurs and Sat morning (mainly as they are the only days I can fit it in!). I also do some walking (to and from work) and I swim 30mins twice a week/1 hour twice a week).
    I would've liked to start the couch to 5k but the weather here in Good Ole Blighty is appalling!!!! I can do cold but not windy and rain!!!!
  • SharonDelorey
    Options
    Finished day 2! I'm mixing up 3 and 5lb weights for the exercises. I'm ore all over, but in a good way. I'll be adding in extra exercise when I can. I can't wait to see the results. I measured and weighed myself on day 1. I'll do it again on day 11, day 21 and day 31. That will give me 10 full days on each program to compare my results to. I'll post on those days
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2...not going to lie ladies, I almost didn't do it (already) I stand on my feet and do alot of bending and stuff at work...and I could barely move this morning and through my shift I had to keep sitting down...but I did the entire workout but not giving 100% didn't go as deep or hard lol..but I did do it...maybe I won't be so sore tomorrow and I can get back to 100%...

Quick question though b/c I really haven't ever done a workout program *yeah seriously* how long afterward is soreness normal like when should I be worried that I hurt myself...I don't have insurance so I avoid going to the dr unless I absoletulty have to (which is what I'm trying to avoid)

28 days left lol took my measurements and weight this morning my weight was 178 but I left he measurements at my moms so I'll have to post those tomo
  • amyisley17
    Options
    I started this monday also and would love the support. feel free to add me as a friend:)
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2...not going to lie ladies, I almost didn't do it (already) I stand on my feet and do alot of bending and stuff at work...and I could barely move this morning and through my shift I had to keep sitting down...but I did the entire workout but not giving 100% didn't go as deep or hard lol..but I did do it...maybe I won't be so sore tomorrow and I can get back to 100%...

Quick question though b/c I really haven't ever done a workout program *yeah seriously* how long afterward is soreness normal like when should I be worried that I hurt myself...I don't have insurance so I avoid going to the dr unless I absoletulty have to (which is what I'm trying to avoid)

28 days left lol took my measurements and weight this morning my weight was 178 but I left he measurements at my moms so I'll have to post those tomo

For me the general muscle soreness started to feel better after 4 or 5 days. If your knees or ankles are sore then rest as needed or modify the moves to lower the impact.