NOVEMBER- 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Itmustgo
    Options
    I would love to join in with this as I have just ordered Shred - my Shred may only be 25 days (lol) but I'd rather commit now rather than waiting to start in December.
  • amylouisem
    amylouisem Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    id love to join, i tried it on wednesday for the first time, but OWCH my legs are still like jelly over 3 days later :( dont know if anyone else has had this? x
  • IrinaPA
    IrinaPA Posts: 19
    Options
    I am in too! Will try to get this DVD- Walmart carries it. I am going shopping! :bigsmile:
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'll join. I have already started the dvd, though with quite a few tweaks (sorry Jillian, you may know 400lb people who can do jumping jacks, but surely not for 30 seconds!!!!). Been lacking last week but am back on track tomorrow!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in but i can never keep up with the threads - i am going to start on the first November. I want to change shape for Xmas....
  • monkeyfood
    Options
    Please count me in :) I wanted to complete it before Christmas and now this will keep me motivated to do so. I am seeing a lot of family around the holidays and am so sick of hiding behind hoodies I would love to wear a cute Christmas dress this year :) thanks for starting this thread!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm in been doing mfp for a couple of months and I think I can handle or atleast attempt it :) add me as a friend if you want to :)
  • Deb13
    Deb13 Posts: 3
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred? I'm interested.
  • be_kris
    be_kris Posts: 47
    Options
    I will also join in! I'm getting married on November 26th, so it would be nice to shed a little bit of weight. With my meal replacement shakes, and this work out, I will lose the weight even faster! I lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks with no exercise, hoping I can lose another 15 by adding exercise before the wedding!!

Lets do this!! Add me as a friend if you like!!
  • Jane313
    Options
    Count me in! I have tried this dvd before but not consistently. Pretty new to this site. Please add me to the group. I need to do this!!!
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Cant wait to start tomorrow!! Do any of you use Jillians protein shakes?
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi, since i will be keeping track of the charts, and the progress, i need you all to send me your measurements and your starting weight !

GOOD luck ! :) Jillian is a tough cookie ! but no doubt in my mind that we will loose couple of pounds she will kick butt ! :)
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I will send you on private ..

and i would like to see those " 400 lbs people " that do those jumping jacks.. seriously.. i mean - doesn't she understand it's not all about will power sometimes it's just " too much weight on ankles ? too much pressure ? .. or maybe too many " things " jumping in the face and not enough support.. ugh.. yes she was maybe a little chubby as a teanager but she was not seriously obese.. so i don't really think she knows what it means to be super big.
    One time on the show they put i think 500 lbs on Bob.. just to try and walk with that weight arround- and he was shocked to realize what kind of life those people live.. - i think it was Mike- the last season winner- he was i think the heaviest player so far.. and when Bob only tried to walk with that weight he realized that is hard ! So Jillian- i like you because you kick my butt- but..still.. it's not easy to jump when you carry 50, 100 or more lbs on your bones than you should be.

I did this when the dvd came out- i think about 2 years ago- i hurt myself really bad- because i thought i have to listen to what she's saying and it's all " will power " no mercy.. keep jumping, keep squating, carry the weights, don't mind that you have allready 100 lbs more on your bones .. so after 5-6 days i was so hurt i couldn't sit or walk i was seriously hurt -

So- yes let's give it 110% .. let's do our best.. but please - listen to your body, sometimes it is real pain and not just " weakness " ..
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I have to tweak the exercises. This morning, I started back on the Shred. I can do the first warm-up jumping jacks but all the other cardio, I have to tweak. I keep moving but I can't kick but/jump rope.
    I manage the last lot of cardio but that's about it!!!!!
    I won't manage to do the Shred in 30 consecutive days, but am aiming to have completed it by Christmas (well the easy versions!).
    Did some measuring this morning:
    Chest = 93cm
    Stomach = 110cm
    Hips = 119cm
    R thigh = 70cm
    L thigh = 70cm
    R arm = 36cm
    L arm = 35cm
  • Jane313
    Options
    Day 1. Done. Barely. Not easy getting up so early though. Is there something I should be doing to get into a group or will all posts be recorded here?
  • tanias11
    Options
    okay up bright and early and abou to start day 1 :) ahhh scared! good luck to all. keep your eye on the prize!
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I got up at 645AM and went on a run/walk with my friend and was gonna do the shred when I got home but decided to curl up with my laptop and a warm bowl of oatmeal. I'll shred when I get home from work later! :)
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Not a good start! Ack! Hubby forgot to set his alarm so we were all up late this AM....like an hour late! I will have to see if I can squeeze this into kids nap time or maybe after they go to bed.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I was gonna come start a thread! Im so glad theres one already started :) I attempted 30ds a month or two ago but i got lazy with it. I really wanna do it this time! :)

I'm in for the challenge! I'm just now seeing this on Monday morning so I'll have to do my measurements tonight. I took my weight this morning though.

Anyways, Abbie - we are right at the same goals, thereabouts. I'm at 142 and want to be down to 125ish..... so we need to hold each other accountable!
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Terrible start for me.
    I don't know if i shed more sweat or tears. Last month i only lost 1.3 - for the entire month. So my positive hope was- ok at least i have lost some inches .. i feel it.. i see it.. ok.. so i take the measurements this am. 0 .. 0 0 0 00 .. nothing.. zero after zero.. n othing has changed.. nothing.
    I step on the scale.. and it's still 1.3 loss .. - nothing .. I was supposed to lose that in a week . Not a month. But i had to accept it and move on and hope for some inches to be gone. And this morning i screamd and cried through the workout. I didn't scream because i worked so hard, no.. i wish.. - i screamed out of frustration and anger. ANd during the workout i kept sobing and crying i just couldn't stop it.
    One thought kept coming up and i tried to push it away but it just kept coming.

You will work out again for the whole month.. and you will have no results.. all the others on the challange will ahve lost weight and inches- you will be the only one with nothing. nothing.

I'm scared, hurt.. seriously.. angry and frustrated. I'm doing it.. but not like last month - last month my workouts were pumped up with energy and motivation i worked out like crazy. This month i'm starting with tears and pain .. and no motivation.

sorry for ruining the start.. i just can't stop crying .. i'm so angry