That one person who needs to use MyFitnessPal

Options
1235»

Replies

• ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'd take fitness updates/pictures over endless chatter and photos of babies/kids any day of the week!

I'd gladly take all of those on Facebook over politics.

Clearly that is because you are a liberal who cannot stand to be DESTROYED by all the Young Conservative articles that are shared.

Hehe. :drinker:
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    OP, some do it for accountability. You do have the power to block, delete or unfollow a person's post. Facebook is not that serious.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'd take fitness updates/pictures over endless chatter and photos of babies/kids any day of the week!

As someone who enjoys fitness and has two kids, I hate all of those equally. Maybe I should just delete Facebook.

This sounds like a good idea. I mean, seriously, you don't get to dictate what your friends and family post.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    So they stop freaking blowing up facebook with their posts about the gym and pictures taken in the mirror flexing. Like I get it, you're narcissistic and love your body - good. Sweet baby jesus though nobody cares enough to get a 2 hour update on your quads.
    I would say it's narcissistic to expect other people to magically know you are annoyed by something and adjust their own style of posting just to please you.

:drinker:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i don't really get why its perfectly acceptable to be half naked here and not on facebook.... then my unlce comments on the shirtless pic and it all starts to make sense lol
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    gym-facebook.jpg?363b75
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    All social media is these days is a place to keep in touch and humlebrag (more the latter, in my opinion). If you don't know what humblebrag is, look it up.

I've come to expect and accept that and honestly don't give two craps about it. The only time things get under my skin is during election and the Trayvon Martin case...lots of old buddies got deleted.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    So they stop freaking blowing up facebook with their posts about the gym and pictures taken in the mirror flexing. Like I get it, you're narcissistic and love your body - good. Sweet baby jesus though nobody cares enough to get a 2 hour update on your quads.

Actually, the people that bug me on Facebook are the drama queens that post cryptic status updates to try to get attention from others:

"Why do bad things like this have to happen to me?"
    "I feel so alone"
    "No one would even notice if I just disappeared"
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

Actually, the people that bug me on Facebook are the drama queens that post cryptic status updates to try to get attention from others:

"I feel so alone"

OMG this! Or the very vague ones (my mom is infamous for)...like "OMG, he did not just say that ...DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT!!!"
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    all you people are hopelessly uncool for still using facebook lol
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

"I feel so alone"

OMG this! Or the very vague ones (my mom is infamous for)...like "OMG, he did not just say that ...DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT!!!"

^ Yes...then you ask them what is wrong and they tell you they don't want to talk about it. Then why post it?!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Just hide them from your news feed on Facebook. Next, add them to a list you don't look at often or create that list then add them, then remove them from the list you do look at often (say family or close friends). If you do those 2 things, you won't see their posts in your newsfeed and you don't have to look at their posts unless the mood strikes you.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I don't post selfies, but I do post when I had a really great workout or when I complete a triathlon or good run. It inspires some people.
  • perseverance14
    Options

"I feel so alone"

^ Yes...then you ask them what is wrong and they tell you they don't want to talk about it. Then why post it?!
    Yeah, those are the ones I put in my "special" lists, for the annoying posters I don't have time for since I average about 20 minutes each time on Facebook and I don't get on there daily, couple of times per week, so I don't have time for drama kings and queens.
  • KiiiAttitude
    Options
    I am the same, Yet i get fed up with the "i got drunk this weekend" " check out my new car" posts :P.
  • perseverance14
    Options
    I don't post selfies, but I do post when I had a really great workout or when I complete a triathlon or good run. It inspires some people.
    That's a good reason to post, or just to let people know what you are doing.

I have some friends that just love to post pics of themselves, constantly, daily...OR, they love to post a bunch of re-posts of pictures, sayings, animal stuff, all kinds of stuff that ends up on Facebook...finally I move them where I don't have to wade through their posts to see something one of my close friends or family members might have posted that could be important or just something I want to see.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    What came to my mind while reading this thread is what I have to say to my 6 year old all the time, "Stop complaining about your problem and find a solution."

There are options on Facebook which allow you to hide his posts, so you can still be friends with him, but you don't have to keep scrolling past all those quad updates. Bless your heart.

"Stop complaining about your problem and find a solution" -- Love this for a six year old, but also as a little mantra to myself.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

...you can tell Facebook to block all posts from that person and still remain friends with them. Problem solved. Some people just like to share all day long and see what their friends lives are like since they don't see them that much. ::raises hand in the air::

Facebook is for socializing. You can block pretty much everything you don't want to see - just go exploring through settings.
  • Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    Options

^THIS! I like all the other posts from friends, but crap like that..drives me insane. Need attention much? Ugh.
    "I feel so alone"

Yeah, those are the ones I put in my "special" lists, for the annoying posters I don't have time for since I average about 20 minutes each time on Facebook and I don't get on there daily, couple of times per week, so I don't have time for drama kings and queens.