Options

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    grmckenzie wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I saw on House that the cure for methanol is ethanol and I'll just get right to the cure. :smile:

So it's safe to drink diet coke just as long as you get drunk afterwords.

I take it to mean it is safe to drink diet coke as a mixer....

Time for more Crown :)

This is my interpretation too. I can volunteer as test subject tonight.

Sorry guys, I just started taking flagyl today and I don't want to end up in the er so no more experiments for me atm
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I saw on House that the cure for methanol is ethanol and I'll just get right to the cure. :smile:

Sorry guys, I just started taking flagyl today and I don't want to end up in the er so no more experiments for me atm

Well, I suppose that sounds like a reasonable excuse. Can I still get drunk?
  • singingflutelady
    Options

I give you my blessing ;)
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

:kissing_heart: I hope whatever you are taking the Flagyl for is taken care of quickly.
  • singingflutelady
    Options

:kissing_heart: I hope whatever you are taking the Flagyl for is taken care of quickly.

Thanks :) I'm immunosuppressed (on azathioprine and infliximab) so I get infections often. Flagyl is an add on because I am at high risk of getting c diff so just to be careful.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Thanks :) I'm immunosuppressed (on azathioprine and infliximab) so I get infections often. Flagyl is an add on because I am at high risk of getting c diff so just to be careful.

No, don't get c-diff. :frowning:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Are you all still drunk from Thanksgiving celebrations? :lol: It was so boring here yesterday, I'm glad everyone's back!
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Are you all still drunk from Thanksgiving celebrations? :lol: It was so boring here yesterday, I'm glad everyone's back!

No, I had to go back to work this week. Funny how much that cuts into MFP time. :neutral:
  • onsickmom
    onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I stopped all aspertame products and my swelling has gone away..My stomach issues have healed..Blood levels returned to normal..While this may look like it proves it to be safe I would still use in moderation....You just never know for sure..Like cigarettes use to be safe..YEH Quite the opposite..For me getting off the fake sweetners and switching to organic honey and agave nectar has been an over all health improvment for me..And my cancer is in remission......
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,034 Member
    Options
    i dont disagree that aspartame could cause headaches or migraines in some people - migraine triggers are so varied and individual.

I have known people who got migraines from MSG and my brother seemed to get them from copha.

If anything seems to cause migraines you (general you) would be wise to avoid that thing - even if you are not sure what is the exact cause- ie is it aspartame or caffeine or caramel or ?
    But avoid diet coke anyway - that is sensible.

I dont think there is any disagreeing with that by posters in these threads - it is only when people make absurd 'Everyone should avoid it because it does x to me' claims or 'It made me grow 2 heads' or other ridiculous hyperbolic claims

• broseidonkingofbrocean
    Options
    Just adding this not sure if it was mentioned if your worried about the calories in artificial sweeteners, they offer liquid version which are 0 calories. The calories come from the fillers in the powdered form not the sweetener itself.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,034 Member
    Options
    Is anyone really worried about the calories in artificial sweeteners???

I mean, they are so negligible.
  • Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    EvanKeel wrote: »
    Oh wow! Very informative. I had been wondering about aspartame myself. A guy I know said he cut out aspartame and sucralose and what he calls "fake sugars" and claimed to lose 40 pounds in a month. (He was about 290.) I didn't tell him this, but I think he lost that weight because he cut way down on calories, but he attributed the loss to the cutting out of fake sugars instead.

And if he weighed the same as a duck, he'd be made of wood. Thus, we could burn him as a witch...if we were in the business of burning witches, that is.

Hahaha Monthy Pyton much :D Love it