Whats your next gun purchase?

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Just wait until the bear is within 3 feet and shoot it with a .44 mag. Done. :wink:

problem is, they are not as noicey as you think. And i know people to show them with .44 mag and the bear kept coming.
    Exactly. People who say such things obviously know little about bears.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Looking for another 22-250
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    A Walther PPQ .40 S&W.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    been eyeing a SA 1911 Operator for some time now.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Just wait until the bear is within 3 feet and shoot it with a .44 mag. Done. :wink:

problem is, they are not as noicey as you think. And i know people to show them with .44 mag and the bear kept coming.

Sweetheart, I know a lot about bears...I live in Tahoe, I live WITH bears practically...people who "say such things" probably are giving said person who they said it to a hard time and joking around about guns.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

Alaska....we have tons. And a .44 mag will tick off a brown bear and might drop a black. But need to make sure you make your shots count.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

Sweetheart, I know a lot about bears...I live in Tahoe, I live WITH bears practically...people who "say such things" probably are giving said person who they said it to a hard time and joking around about guns.

I would not quite call Tahoe bear country lol. I liked in Caron City and was in Tahoe all the time. Rarely see bears because there are so many people.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    Well, it doesn't beat Alaska...no other state does, but we have tons of bears and a big feeding problem with the neighbors.
  • sentaruu
    Options
    Well, it doesn't beat Alaska...no other state does, but we have tons of bears and a big feeding problem with the neighbors.

feed the neighbors to the bears, problem solved.
  • DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hub and I already have an arsenal...but I love my AR so much I want another one.
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada, so I was thinking maybe a potato gun that shoots russet red potatoes, the best kind imo

:O!! Are you a PE Islander?!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    Ugh...so tempted.

Back on topic...what I really want is an Auto Ordinance 1927A1 WWII style Thompson.:love:
  • DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ugh...so tempted.

Back on topic...what I really want is an Auto Ordinance 1927A1 WWII style Thompson.:love:

AWESOME!
  • sentaruu
    Options
    Ugh...so tempted.

hell yeah!

I hate NY
  • bullwinkle2045
    bullwinkle2045 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New summer project is to build an AR. Going to end up with 2 uppers, one in .556 and the other in 300 ACC.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Thompson for sale last year in Arizona; older style with the drum.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    New summer project is to build an AR. Going to end up with 2 uppers, one in .556 and the other in 300 ACC.

Let me know if you need the lowers.... ;)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

No need to be snotty. I live in Wisconsin, we have plenty here too. I know people who've taken them with a bow, but packed a .44 for backup, but you can be damn sure they don't wait until a bear is 3 feet away to shoot at it.
  • bullwinkle2045
    bullwinkle2045 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Let me know if you need the lowers.... ;)

Hehe, only if you've got pictures. ;-)
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    10421149_288164628018036_1087481579003925197_n.png

Sierranevadaarms.com