Replies

• bullwinkle2045
    bullwinkle2045 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice lower!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Just wait until the bear is within 3 feet and shoot it with a .44 mag. Done. :wink:

problem is, they are not as noicey as you think. And i know people to show them with .44 mag and the bear kept coming.
    Exactly. People who say such things obviously know little about bears.

Sweetheart, I know a lot about bears...I live in Tahoe, I live WITH bears practically...people who "say such things" probably are giving said person who they said it to a hard time and joking around about guns.

No need to be snotty. I live in Wisconsin, we have plenty here too. I know people who've taken them with a bow, but packed a .44 for backup, but you can be damn sure they don't wait until a bear is 3 feet away to shoot at it.

Bowhunting for Bear.

I just wanted to repeat that for emphasis.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I just traded my Ruger SR9C for a Beretta PX4 Storm compact as my carry pistol, I would love to get my hands on a nice 1911 commander.

something like this in a .45

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr1nT9nvXBw2YETMqrvxNU2I3z6KIFbCRj62FuCR5mdL9UP9eZ
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Just wait until the bear is within 3 feet and shoot it with a .44 mag. Done. :wink:

problem is, they are not as noicey as you think. And i know people to show them with .44 mag and the bear kept coming.

Sweetheart, I know a lot about bears...I live in Tahoe, I live WITH bears practically...people who "say such things" probably are giving said person who they said it to a hard time and joking around about guns.

No need to be snotty. I live in Wisconsin, we have plenty here too. I know people who've taken them with a bow, but packed a .44 for backup, but you can be damn sure they don't wait until a bear is 3 feet away to shoot at it.

Bowhunting for Bear.

:bigsmile:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Bowhunting for Bear.

:bigsmile:

My uncle hunts bear that way and I think he's BSC. The technique, as I understand it, is to pretty much let the bear do the hunting, and then not die. That's my take on it anyway.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    This is my next gun purchase:

fh-70-italy.jpg

Now that's a gun!
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well I would have said a Colt 1911 but I went trap and skeet shooting for the first time and now I think I want a shotgun. Have to do some more research though.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    tape-gun2.jpg
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    I just traded my Ruger SR9C for a Beretta PX4 Storm compact as my carry pistol, I would love to get my hands on a nice 1911 commander.

something like this in a .45

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr1nT9nvXBw2YETMqrvxNU2I3z6KIFbCRj62FuCR5mdL9UP9eZ

^^^ This!

Although, I have been considering trying to get a cheap pump action .22 for my daughter. Okay, it is also for me too! I always wanted a pump .22 ever since I was a kid....besides, .223 prices are KILLING me!!!
  • nesto610
    Options
    Well I would have said a Colt 1911 but I went trap and skeet shooting for the first time and now I think I want a shotgun. Have to do some more research though.

Love shooting skeet! It is relatively cheap and way more fun. Ammo prices are still WAY too high right now...
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    dunt ned gunz. got webz bruh

LOL Hilarious!
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Trying to decide between a GLOC .40 or .45. It will be my first gun - that I could bring home.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Just picked up a BerettaFS 9mm

LOVE IT!!!

Next will ba an AR
  • nesto610
    Options
    Trying to decide between a GLOC .40 or .45. It will be my first gun - that I could bring home.

I sooo wanted my last purchase to be a Glock .40, but I went with the Glock 9mm (with Crimsontrace laser) since it would save me money at the range. It also now serves as my everyday carry pistol.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Spud gun for sure 0_o
  • Ripfit138
    Ripfit138 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    AR or Sig P226

...or a KSG, if I can ever find one
  • BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options