Whats your next gun purchase?

Options

Replies

• blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Im leaning toward a .357 lever gun. Like the Henry Big Boy or the Marlin. OR maybe a Small Pistol Carbine in 9mm.

Love my .357 Ruger.... very smooth.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    An Anaconda to keep company with my Python!

I'd love a Python but I really don't want to pay the current going price for a good condition used one. I wish they'd start making those guns again, as I'd definitely purchase a blued one with a 6" barrel in .357.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

I'd love a Python but I really don't want to pay the current going price for a good condition used one. I wish they'd start making those guns again, as I'd definitely purchase a blued one with a 6" barrel in .357.

The Python has the slickest factory action I've ever felt. Was lucky enough to get a mint one over 10 years ago for 600. I have a Smith 586 that I've reworked the hammer and trigger and it is now as sweet as the Colt and believe it or not it actually shoots more accurate. However the Colt also has about 3,000 more rounds thru it. I know I will never sell the Colt, Its a work of art.
  • kdcj17
    kdcj17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My carry gun is a Ruger LC9. It's a great gun. Nice compact size for a 9mm, small for my tiny hands. My husband has a acquaintance that works in hydro dip and he got it dipped in Muddy Girl Country camo for me, gives it a girly touch. lol

I am thinking I wouldn't mind adding a Ruger LCP to our collection. That and more ammo, because you can NEVER have enough.
  • SugarFreeV510
    Options
    I don't need a gun, I know how to fight.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    nerf-n-strike-raider-rapid.jpg

Does this one look like I'm overcompensating?
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Damn! I really thought you were talking about biceps there for a moment.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Don't need to purchase them.......................................I earned them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lbee0030
    lbee0030 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of a Beretta Magnum GTX-680 with twin cooling fans .50Cal semi auto

I'm in Australia and we dont have guns.. :-)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    A pair of 55s once I master those 50s.
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Just bought a Taurus Judge Public defender love it!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    A power cage with a built in bench and a pull-up bar.

I believe benching and pull-ups are the best way to get big guns.

Wait... what? what kind of guns are we talking about?
  • gpoliver
    gpoliver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Any recommendations on a compact 9MM?

Glock 17 compact or sub compact... sweet little thing!!!!

My trusty Sig 228 is great because it fits my girly little hands, its a lot heavier than the Glock though ( 15 round magazines as well).
  • JTUSAFRet
    JTUSAFRet Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I bought a Taurus PT709 40 cal a couple of months ago because of its slim feature and the ability to conceal it while cycling the back roads of Texas. I will be buying a Beretta Px4 40 cal in the near future.
  • BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like the Beretta Px4 Storm. Great choice.
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A SCAR 17S .308, as soon as I can afford one, maybe as a gift to myself after another eventual deployment.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Any recommendations on a compact 9MM?
    Beretta Nano, Ruger LC9, Kahr CM9... I like those 3. Just go handle some and see what's comfortable in your hand.

I have the CM9, and have shot the LC9 a lot. Both are great choices. I carry the CM9 in a Remora no clip holster. it stays put with drawstring and waistband tensions pretty nicely.

I love my remora. I doubted it at first, but I can run and play tag with my kids at the park and it has never moved on me. I even have their tuckable version, for times when I need to dress up..LOL
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Well, I "Pulled the trigger" last night and bought a new "Get Home" gun for my wife.
    It is a Mossburg 500 JIC 12 gauge.
    It breaks apart pretty easily and fits in a little case.
    From there, the case slides into the compartment on the side of the vehicle where the jumper cables and crap are kept.
    Even with the little panel open, all you see aqre jumper cables and a little air compressor.
    You never know when you might need it.
    It holds five plus another 15 rounds in the carry bag.
  • kdcj17
    kdcj17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nice choice. My husband makes some of the parts for these: http://www.adaptivetactical.com/AT00201.php. I've personally only gotten one chance to shoot it since we got it, but I liked it from that one experience.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

The Python has the slickest factory action I've ever felt. Was lucky enough to get a mint one over 10 years ago for 600. I have a Smith 586 that I've reworked the hammer and trigger and it is now as sweet as the Colt and believe it or not it actually shoots more accurate. However the Colt also has about 3,000 more rounds thru it. I know I will never sell the Colt, Its a work of art.

They want 2-3 grand for a pre-owned blued one in that configuration and in mint condition. At $600 I'd probably buy two :laugh: but I can't justify the price of a custom/semi-custom 1911 for one.
    A SCAR 17S .308, as soon as I can afford one, maybe as a gift to myself after another eventual deployment.

I've looked at those for years now... I can't justify it in the slightest, but "do want."