Whats your next gun purchase?

Options

Replies

• tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have an SS P226,40 Ca to carry. A Glock 26 for practice and in the house. I also have an adorable .22 revolver with pearl handle. If I were to get another, I think I'd like a baby Glock in pink or something slightly lighter weight than my SS but still 38-40 cal. Pink would be nice, maybe a few rhinestones, too?
  • SuperTiredMom
    SuperTiredMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in gun ownership!!!:wink:

J/k :laugh:

I'll be looking for a decent 20 gauge for small gaming this year.
  • jc93230
    jc93230 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Any recommendations on a compact 9MM?
    Beretta Nano, Ruger LC9, Kahr CM9... I like those 3. Just go handle some and see what's comfortable in your hand.

I have the CM9, and have shot the LC9 a lot. Both are great choices. I carry the CM9 in a Remora no clip holster. it stays put with drawstring and waistband tensions pretty nicely.
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I would imagine mine will be a youth sized .22. Unless gun freaks keep being weird about ammo around here and I need to get some other small caliber rifle for my son due to ammo availability.

I know around here .22 long rifle ammo is nearly impossible to find.

If I was looking for a rifle for my child, I would consider a centerfire rifle in a pistol caliber. Maybe .357/.38sp, .45 colt, or such. The main reason is that that ammo seems to be more available right now plus I could reload.

.22 guns are a bit less expensive though.
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Any recommendations on a compact 9MM?
    Beretta Nano, Ruger LC9, Kahr CM9... I like those 3. Just go handle some and see what's comfortable in your hand.

I have the CM9, and have shot the LC9 a lot. Both are great choices. I carry the CM9 in a Remora no clip holster. it stays put with drawstring and waistband tensions pretty nicely.

My wife has the Ruger LC9. It's a sweet shooter but throws the brass like crazy.
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    I have an SS P226,40 Ca to carry. A Glock 26 for practice and in the house. I also have an adorable .22 revolver with pearl handle. If I were to get another, I think I'd like a baby Glock in pink or something slightly lighter weight than my SS but still 38-40 cal. Pink would be nice, maybe a few rhinestones, too?

I love my G26, but my Nano has easily interchangeable exteriors... so one day I can have it be black, next day pink, next beige, etc. I think there is also a brown and OD green. The beige will be my next purchase, because you need a pretty thick white shirt to cover the black carrying IWB.
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Like the majority of the worlds population... we don't live in the US, RSA or Afganistan..... so don't really need a gun...

i wouldn't know what one looked like anyway..... group hug!!!???........... no????
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    My next gun purchase will be my first gun purchase; I plan on getting a Springfield Armory XDS 9mm.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    <---This
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Steyr M9-a1 9MM

if anyone has one, please let me know what you think of it!!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I would imagine mine will be a youth sized .22. Unless gun freaks keep being weird about ammo around here and I need to get some other small caliber rifle for my son due to ammo availability.

If I was looking for a rifle for my child, I would consider a centerfire rifle in a pistol caliber. Maybe .357/.38sp, .45 colt, or such. The main reason is that that ammo seems to be more available right now plus I could reload.

Id recommend a .17 HMR or a very nice high end air rifle. The air rifle is a great alternative to .22 and great for plinking and taking small game. at 1200 FPS its hard to deny the cost effective nature of the modern air rifle
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    My next gun purchase will be my first gun purchase; I plan on getting a Springfield Armory XDS 9mm.

GREAT Choice... you won't be disappointed!
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    New summer project is to build an AR. Going to end up with 2 uppers, one in .556 and the other in 300 ACC.

Before you get sold on the .300 Blackout take a look at the 6.8spc or better yet the 6.5 Grendel the ballistics on the 6.5 are absolutely fantastic.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options

GREAT Choice... you won't be disappointed!

I looked at/held a number of others before deciding on the XDS - it fits me perfectly! I'm just waiting to find one at a good price.
  • mulsas
    mulsas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Maybe at some point a shotgun for turkeys. My son was the one who got the hunting bug, and we have a xbow and a HandiRifle in 44 mag, but after we get some deer success I would like to try turkey's as well.

Haven't shot the XDs 9 yet, but like the idea of the grip safety. Took my son to a range near us for his 12th bday and rented a Glock 19. Man was that a nice shooter. They have M&Ps and Springfields for rent too, looking forward to comparing them all.

If you were to ask my son, it would be an AR, but that's too salty for my budget. We did an Appleseed marksmanship clinic (highly recommend, learned a ton and had fun), and on the 2nd day the instructor let us shoot his AR. We were shooting steel at 100 yards, and totally ringing that guy up. He had an M1 Garand as well, but the firing pin had been removed since it was on display at their booth for the NRA convention, so we couldn't try it out.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options

Id recommend a .17 HMR or a very nice high end air rifle. The air rifle is a great alternative to .22 and great for plinking and taking small game. at 1200 FPS its hard to deny the cost effective nature of the modern air rifle
    Not sure which air rifle my husband bought but it's very nice for dove and other small game hunting. He bought it because it's illegal to shoot in the city and all the doves were eating my chicken feed. So, it makes a fine, varmint gun. Maybe no good for real dove hunting but I bet it would be great for squirrel and rabbit. Not to mention targets.
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    An Anaconda to keep company with my Python!
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Wilson Elite Professional.
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

just what you see on the shelf buddy
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Whatever I can find a great deal on. You can never have too many. I'm keeping an eye out for a 357 revolver. 6 inch-ish barrel