November challenge !!!!!!

Options
Hello, was wondering if anyone wanted to start a challenge with me for the month of November. I know i could use all the support i can get, and im sure some others of you could use some too! So what do you say..........

I'm going to limit the size of the group to 15 people because I find it is more supportive and motivational in a smaller group. First come first served.

Do a weekly weigh in on a Monday if that's good with everyone.

Fill out the form below and lets get started!!!!!!!!

Name:
Start weight:
Aim for November:
What you are going to do to get there:
Your current motivation:

Name: Erika
Starting weight 285
Aim for November: lose 10lbs
What are you going to do to get there: watch my cal, exercise at least 4 times a week doing Jillian and Leslie videos
Your current motivation: getting healthy for a possibility of getting pregnant some day :heart:

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Name: Andrea
    Start weight: 269
    Aim for November: Lose 9 pounds
    What you are going to do to get there: Eating within my calorie goals, doing P90X + extra cardio 6 days a week
    Your current motivation: I want to be healthy, feel good in my own skin, and feel proud of myself for finishing something I've started!
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join but can we weigh in on Tuesday? For some reason I do better weighing in on Tuesday.

Anyway...
    Name: Shawn
    Starting weight: 202
    Aim for November: 195
    How I'm getting there: Stick within my calorie guidelines, hit the gym 5 days a week with 2 classes per week
    Motivation: To see a weight I haven't seen in 19 years!
  • erikaj819
    Options
    We can weigh in on Tues seeing this might take tonight and tomorrow for things to get going. just thought it would be nice to start on the 1st.
    Erika
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Name: Amanda
    Start weight: 215.8lbs this morning (10/31)
    Aim for November: Well, I'm pregnant, so I don't want to lose, just maintain (which is what my calories are set to) mostly. As that is, I've been steadily losing since I started watching the type of food I eat, so I'll say 210lbs is my goal, a 6lb loss.
    What you are going to do to get there: Right now I'm eating under my calories, drinking 12-16 glasses/day water, and watching my sodium. For exercise, I'm doing the C25K, 200 Sit Ups, and 100 Push Ups programs, plus going to the gym daily.
    Your current motivation: Not wanting to gain any extra during pregnancy so I don't have a bunch extra to lose lol.

I'd love to join. I can weight in any day as I weight myself daily.
  • runner915
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Name: Lindsey
    Current Wt: 165
    November Goals: To be at 160 by Thanksgiving, to run 26 minutes in my Turkey Trot 5k, and to have some self control around the holidays!
    Ways I'm going to reach my goals: Run 3x/wk, Strength train 2x/wk, and no soda or candy for the month of November!
    Motivation: To have energy and confidence again.

Good luck to you all!
  • lkwilkey
    Options
    Name: Leia
    Starting weight: 170
    Aim for November: lose 8lbs
    What are you gonna do to get there: exercise (walk 90minutes 5 days a week)
    Your current Motivation: Im getting healthy and getting skinny at the same time..this is a lifestyle change for me...
  • chelsytan
    Options
    hello everyone.

Name: chelsy
    Start weight: 124.3
    Aim for November: lose 5lbs
    What you are going to do to get there: going to the gym at least 3 times a week and watching my calories. hope to eat within my calorie intake
    Your current motivation: being healthy and looking good in clothes by christmas.
  • erikaj819
    Options
    Thank you everyone for taking this challenge with me, I am new to MFP so I thought I would give this a shot to jump start things for me! We will give people another day to check in and we will weigh in on Tuesday Nov 2nd and every Tues there after for the month of November.
    So far i have
    1. myself
    2. Andrea
    3. Shawn
    4. Amanda
    5. Lindsey
    6. Leia
    7. Chelsy

Im very excited, Thank you everyone for doing this with me!!!!
    ~E
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'd love to join you. Been with MFP for a while and lost weight and toned up for a trip to the beach back in August. I kinda slacked off recently and want to get back into it! I'd love to lose 10-12 pounds by the end of the year.

Name: Taren
    Start weight: 140 (but I will officially weigh tuesday)
    Aim for November: lose at least 5 pounds
    What you are going to do to get there: Get back on the calorie counting wagon and exercise at least 3X a week
    Your current motivation: Fitting comfortably in my size 4 jeans!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hey wouldn't mind joining if there's still room :)
    been doing bootcamp for 8 weeks with no real visible results :(
    so reigning in on the eating hard core...

Name: Tasha
    Start weight: 227 (was 230 last sun/mon)
    Aim for November: let's shoot for 10
    What you are going to do to get there: continue cal counting + watching carbs, workout 3-5x a week (spin, elliptical, xfit)
    Your current motivation: at least losing the poundage i had lost before falling of the wagon before I see my man at xmas, continuing to get healthy & stronger, and ultimately surpass what i had lost and keep going to goal...

good luck all :)
  • DeepSeaDoc_Wife
    DeepSeaDoc_Wife Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Add me add me!!!
    I am on here all the time and I think this group would be excellent for me!!! I am very accountable too.

Name: Patti
    Start weight: 210
    Aim for November: 15 lbs I am more focused on body fat percentage though so I may not lose a lot because I am trying to build lean muscle.
    keep being active everyday and to try new excercises and not not be discouraged by not doing them correctly the first time.
    I am going to go to the Y every weekday ( been doing that already) but this time not stick with the classes that are in my comfort zone.
    My motivation is really myself. I love seeing the positive changes I have made last few months and it makes me want to continue and keep getting better and better
  • erikaj819
    Options
    Are we all ready to start tomorrow?!?!?!?!? i know i am! good luck everyone!
  • Magenta15
    Options
    I assume we are posting our weights here tomorrow? :) good luck all.
  • DeepSeaDoc_Wife
    DeepSeaDoc_Wife Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Im excited
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Had a great work out today and stayed under my calories and had 16 glasses of water!! Great day!
  • erikaj819
    Options
    yes we can post our weights here if you would rather not you could keep it to yourself too

trying to think of some sort of tracking so we can see where we are though out the month any ideas?
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Girls! Had a rough day yesterday with a death in the family, but weighed in this morning at 139. Better than I thought!

Have a good day everyone. I'm planning to hit the gym this afternoon and drink tons of water today. Good luck to everyone else.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    Friday's are my check in weigh in for this site, so for this group I will be weighing twice but try to only log once on friday for my profile (sometimes i just am too excited to see the numbers and want to log it right away! haha)

anyhow, am down one, so:

Start weight: 227 (was 230 when I got back on the wagon Oct 24)
    Todays weight: 226 YAY
    Nov Goal: 217
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Do I have to repost mine if I already posted on the first day? No changes that I'm aware of.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    My weigh in this morning is 216.4lbs.

My end of November goal is 210.0lbs.