KITTTEEEEEEHHHHHHHSSSSS
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    In for various cat gifs lol
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options

And here is my little wrant about the topic, do with it what you will, IDGAF

So,, i dont think people who are married AND continuously say they are married should be posting in the hot or not, rate the person, spank, date marry,, etc forums and telling people they are not hot, then saying things to others they are not ugly but pretty but not hot,, etc. What an *kitten*. If your wife thinks you are hot, why are you commenting in these forums. If all you are going to say in the other forums is "not my wife so no" then GTFO,,, just my opinion

He hasnt said anything about me but have read his posts about some others and is pretty much a jerk.. #justsayin

This is a reason i can see someone getting butthurt,,,,,,

Now that my wrant is done,, in for more cat gifs

:drinker:

What do you want me to do about it? Live and let live I say.

LMAO,, wasnt directed to you,, I see what you did there ^^^ lol

25498-Hayley-Wink-gif-etQF.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    As someone who is new to MFP I find what I have seen on the message boards the last couple days to be VERY discouraging. #justsaying

I'd like to say it will change, but it won't. There is lots of helpful information and helpful people. It's a good idea to build a solid list of friends and stick to asking them questions then lurk in the forums.

But how do you find said people? (Sorry if thats one of those stupid questions) :)

I started out in the Success Stories section and my FL grew from there. Maybe you can search through there and find someone that has achieved similar goals to the ones you've set for yourself. Good luck, and hang in there.

it's not a stupid question especially given the nature of this thread.

for me, I was just posting willy nilly all over the place with whatever limited knowledge I did have or thanking for clarifications or whatnot. eventually if anyone liked what I said, or it helped them they FR'd me. eventually I got brave enough to FR a couple people who caught my eye as intelligent/helpful. then people would see me posting on their statuses and it grew from there. just start small with whomever says things of value to you in a tone you "get".
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I'm sure some of the really long-time MFP users must feel like this sometimes:
    sisyphus.gif

I've learned a lot from those users. I'm a search-and-lurk type; I don't post questions; I go hunt for the answers. I was afraid to post here at first... I lurked for a loooong time, and in fact my fears were realized quickly when I tagged a thread for later reading where I wasn't welcome. And you know what? I didn't die. I didn't get depressed and hide in a carton of B&J for a week. Because ultimately it's just a bunch of random strangers on the Internet.

Some of the random strangers on MFP have turned out to be really delightful people. Some are on my FL; some aren't. Most of the ones who take the time to respond to question after question are sincerely trying to help the person who asked, and it hurts a bit to see someone answer a question in earnest with painstaking detail, only to get a nasty response from the OP about not being "supportive" enough, or answering outside the bounds of a misguided question... or, or, or...

So I have a tendency to gif-bomb those threads. Guilty.
    tumblrmlqr8szgqd1rw9dz1o1400.gif

gifstache.com_1138_1343311523.gif

giphy.gif
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for 5+ pages of cats.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    And here is my little wrant about the topic, do with it what you will, IDGAF

So,, i dont think people who are married AND continuously say they are married should be posting in the hot or not, rate the person, spank, date marry,, etc forums and telling people they are not hot, then saying things to others they are not ugly but pretty but not hot,, etc. What an *kitten*. If your wife thinks you are hot, why are you commenting in these forums. If all you are going to say in the other forums is "not my wife so no" then GTFO,,, just my opinion

He hasnt said anything about me but have read his posts about some others and is pretty much a jerk.. #justsayin

This is a reason i can see someone getting butthurt,,,,,,
    I don't think it's anyone's business what kind of agreement there exists between two people, unless you happen to be one of those two people. Some are in open relationships, others have even more intricate constellations going on. Judging from the outside and calling other people nasty names just isn't a very good idea. My two cents.

Does this make me a meanie or a bully?? awww I am so proud,,,, lol
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    MFP meanies, the never-ending story...

Why do people remove the cool gifs??? *Those* are the real meanies.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Just keep moving...

h9A491EF5
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    sisyphus.gif

I've learned a lot from those users. I'm a search-and-lurk type; I don't post questions; I go hunt for the answers. I was afraid to post here at first... I lurked for a loooong time, and in fact my fears were realized quickly when I tagged a thread for later reading where I wasn't welcome. And you know what? I didn't die. I didn't get depressed and hide in a carton of B&J for a week. Because ultimately it's just a bunch of random strangers on the Internet.

Some of the random strangers on MFP have turned out to be really delightful people. Some are on my FL; some aren't. Most of the ones who take the time to respond to question after question are sincerely trying to help the person who asked, and it hurts a bit to see someone answer a question in earnest with painstaking detail, only to get a nasty response from the OP about not being "supportive" enough, or answering outside the bounds of a misguided question... or, or, or...

giphy.gif

Really though, WHY was that parakeet sniffing that cat? Did it not know it was a CAT?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    For some reason I see this one as a massive fart.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    sisyphus.gif

giphy.gif

Really though, WHY was that parakeet sniffing that cat? Did it not know it was a CAT?

To me, once an op has started becoming huffy, gif bombing is fair game, also mean people threads, because really, that's all those are good for anyways.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Maybe the cat smelled like bird food.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I almost feel like I'm piling on to respond here because there's not really a lot I can add to the conversation. But one thing I've noticed is that the best time to get good information from the forums is in the morning, when the minds are fresh, and when those people who are generally most knowledgeable and willing to spend their free time helping others haven't been jaded yet by the turn of tone, and when people are still thinking "hey, I learned this, let me pass it on!" Generally, the things that turn the tone on the website are the known trolls, the people who insist sugar is going to kill us all, people who get angry when they are told that they need to weigh their food, people who insist gluten is bad for everyone, etc. There's a pattern to what causes the drama here, and when you've been here a while you will learn which threads are going to be hot button threads. Almost universally, the comments aren't directed toward new people or the OP, but are factions that argue.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    ^ I did notice the thread that was linked as an example of how nicely it "could" go (for at least 6 or so posts) was started at about 4:50 am. So I made a mental note that if I ever have a question to set my alarm for 4:30 in the morning to get a chance to post before any jokers wake up and start interjecting. Sounds like a plan right?
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    im sorry ---- i have to thisthread.jpg
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    ^ I did notice the thread that was linked as an example of how nicely it "could" go (for at least 6 or so posts) was started at about 4:50 am. So I made a mental note that if I ever have a question to set my alarm for 4:30 in the morning to get a chance to post before any jokers wake up and start interjecting. Sounds like a plan right?

I won't speak for anyone else, but I know I do tend to be a *little* more patient in the morning before my students have driven me up a wall all day.....
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    wtf-cat_zps3d427b89.gif

^^^^ This...
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    97617.gif

Yo vip Let's Kick it.