November Fast Food Challenge

Options
15678911»

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Still no fast food. going to end the month strong.
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    Made it through yesterday without any fast food. Whew!
    Seriously feel like an addict
    1 day at a time, right?
  • grogers421
    grogers421 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 3 week since my last trip to the drive through.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    tried the new subway flatbread chicken sandwich today. it was good, but kinda high in calories!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I totally caved today and got taco bell. Its been awhile. Back at it tomorrow, but it might be hard. We'll be on the road most of the day for a funeral and a little running before Thanksgiving.
  • mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Options
    No fast food this week. Was out of town one day and had to eat out so I had a salad and water. It was delecious.
    Mia:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Finishing out the month pretty well. I did eat a couple of fast food fries (someone else's order but none the less, still fast food) sometime this month (it's on this thread someplace lol) and last night I ate 2 of someone's onion rings. Fast food sure doesn't taste very good to me, the less you eat out the less tasty it becomes, my experience at least.:wink::flowerforyou: Does anyone else experience this?

With only a few more days in the month left we still have next month to excel in so keep it up ppl you're doing great!! :drinker: Think on how much you'd be eating out if you'd not joined this thread, likely more right? I don't often eat out anymore (I did more before MFP though) but still like to have a place to be accountable so it keeps me from being impulsive knowing you're all here working on the same goals.

Cheers for Shannon starting the thread and for all of you that joined it to support others looking to stay off it, cut back or clean it up completely (as we all have different goals I imagine)... it takes a village!:wink::tongue:
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    yesterday I had chicken tortilla soup from beef a roo. and broke down and had a cheddar fry (jr. size) too yummy! I still feel that overall, this forum has made me more conscious of not eating fast food as month. There are times when I drove past a Wendys and didn't look back. I'd just wait until I got home so I can make a healthier choice. Thanks again. Anyone considering the challenge for December too?
  • SlipperySlope
    Options
    I'm really happy with myself so far...no fast food (though I did not start at the beginning of Nov); I did have pizza the other night with my husband, but we made it at home, so I don't think it counts ;)

I'm going to go through December--hope some of you will join me!

-Carrie
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Carrie, I'm on board. Looked at beef a roo website and the soup for 1 cup in only 140 calories, the bowl 210 calories. So not as bad as I thought!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I'm in. 3 week since my last trip to the drive through.
    Yay!!:wink::drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Made it through yesterday without any fast food. Whew!
    Seriously feel like an addict
    1 day at a time, right?
    Exactly!:flowerforyou: Hey whatever it takes right?:laugh:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Finishing out the month pretty well. I did eat a couple of fast food fries (someone else's order but none the less, still fast food) sometime this month (it's on this thread someplace lol) and last night I ate 2 of someone's onion rings. Fast food sure doesn't taste very good to me, the less you eat out the less tasty it becomes, my experience at least.:wink::flowerforyou: Does anyone else experience this?

With only a few more days in the month left we still have next month to excel in so keep it up ppl you're doing great!! :drinker: Think on how much you'd be eating out if you'd not joined this thread, likely more right? I don't often eat out anymore (I did more before MFP though) but still like to have a place to be accountable so it keeps me from being impulsive knowing you're all here working on the same goals.

Cheers for Shannon starting the thread and for all of you that joined it to support others looking to stay off it, cut back or clean it up completely (as we all have different goals I imagine)... it takes a village!:wink::tongue:

Yes, I think that the less often I eat it - the less good it tastes. Like your tastebuds are getting accustomed to liking real food more. It is easy to slip back into though - at least for me.

No problem on starting the thread - that's the easy part. We will have a December thread...should I start that one now - or does anyone else want to start it. We can just post the link here so we can all find it. I'm sure we'll get newcomers as well. The more the merrier.

I love how this accountability does change your thought process. While I still have given in a few times this month, not nearly as much as I would have otherwise. We need to keep up the good work and the progress through year end!! Good job everyone!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Here we go people, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/138083-december-fast-food-challenge.

Hope to see you all for another great month!!
  • alohajillian
    Options
    Whew! Made it! (minus 3 Subway trips) I'm in for December too! :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    ok found the new one, thanks :)