November Fast Food Challenge

Options

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    No fast food for me either! I am in for the rest of the day w/ lunch & dinner planned... so no temptation for me. I shouldn't have a problem during the week either... usually weekends are the high risk times!
    party0048.gif Great job Selby!!:smokin:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Terrific job to EVERYONE working on their goals on this. Though I don't eat out much I figured I'd join the challenge to be accountable and joining a challenge sure does help do just that! Checking in each day helps & it's nice to see how others are doing as well:flowerforyou:
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    OMG We're HALF-WAY!!! So I almost failed on Friday. I was starving after work and had some shopping to do before I went home. I had already planned ahead that I would go for Subway since that's a wiser choice than the other places around me (McD's, BK, KFC). I started walking towards the Subway and could see inside (since it's dark so early now) that there was a big lineup. Without really thinking, I turned away and started towards the McD's. Figured wth - I didn't want to stand in a long line. But as I walked towards McD's I could see that there was a line there too. So I turned on my heel and walked back to Subway. If I was going to stand in line no matter where I went, I'd better stand in line for better food right? Turns out, the service at Subway was stellar and I didn't really have to wait long. I was so happy I chose correctly!!

I'm going out for lunch tomorrow (took a vacation day). Must plan now to make the right choices. No fries!

Happy weekend everyone! Congrats on our journey so far!!!
  • mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Options
    Second week. I did great. No take out anything.

Mia:bigsmile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Day 11 done
    Day 12, 13 also done, oops guess I forgot to post them:drinker:
    Day 14 still here :tongue:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I haven't had fast food all weekend! I went to the movies yesterday and I split a large popcorn with my husband, but we did not go back for a refill! afterwards, he asked me what did I want to eat and I told him it was food at the house! Thanks everyone for helping me stay on track!
  • erin_89
    Options
    This week was hard I wanted burger king and pizza hut so bad. I just had 2 subway cold cuts this week I hope because I
    Haven't had fast food I would lose wieght
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Just say no to the drive thru!! How is everyone doing with the challenge? No temptations today as I didn't drive past any fast food restaurants. But I haven't had any cravings for it either!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    15 days down! HALFWAY!!!!!!!!
  • alohajillian
    Options
    Good job everyone! I've had Subway twice this month and I'm feeling GREAT!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Day 11 done
    Day 15 done
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    Yesterday was a total loss but today is a new day!
    I WILL conquer this!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I had a couple fries of my daughter's yesterday. My husband needed to eat something quick cause he was going to go out hunting, so he got McDonald's - and got the girls nuggets and fries. I had just eaten so was good there, but did sneak a few fries in.

That was nothing compared to the cake I had...I need to get rid of that stuff now!!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    glad to see everyone is doing so well and identifying small flaws and applauding themselves for resisting temptation. No fast food today! woohoo
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    Ugh! 1 step forward, 1 step back. But I guess everyday without fast food IS an improvement.
    I just can't wait to break the cravings for it.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Still going strong here! Not one bite this month!!

I miss it terribly, but I feel super accomplished!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Ugh! 1 step forward, 1 step back. But I guess everyday without fast food IS an improvement.
    I just can't wait to break the cravings for it.

I agree. I think my last month helped me out tremendously there...but then I got right back on last month when the comp was over. I have noticed I think about it less, but still do somewhat.

I did find last time that when I did give in, it didn't taste as good as I thought it would in my mind - which was helpful.
  • Kerry1023
    Options
    Good morning!
    Sorry I've been lacking in posts the last few days. My uncle has been in the hospital and passed last night. Been pretty good with the food choices though. Lots of salads and no drive through with is an accomplishment for me. Usually turn to food when stressed. Next 2 days will be getting arrangements in order but back to committing to me.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Day 11 done
    Day 15 done
    Day 16 & 17 down..wow we're half way through Nov, that's amazing!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    17 days done!!!!!!!!

And not one slip up. :)