Part 3 ~ turtle club

Options

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends :flowerforyou:

Current height / weight: 5'10' / 172.2 (The scale gave this answer all 3 times.:laugh:)

Goal weight: 160

No kidding. I think my scale has lost it's mind. I feel like I'm about 165 now. Anyway, I'm weighing in weekly now. I also updated my goals on MFP. I have a ton of calories. Let's see if I can use them wisely.:devil:

chat soon,
    -Kechie.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Track Tuesday (TM)! warm upo, 2 x 800, 1 x 1600, 2 x 800, cool down for five miles total. Not my best work out - 800s on 4:10-4:15, mile at 8:30, but not too bad.

Thank goodness today is a running day. Yestrday was a day off, and I got so hungry by the end of the afternoon I thought I might have to chew my arm off on the way home. Love those exercise caolries!
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm, exercise calories.
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What a fun way to start my day!

For the record Ray~ you are a loon! :tongue: There is no drying of unmentionables on bushes in this trailer park! :laugh:

A small victory yesterday...still over in my calories but no fast food!
    Logging the food diary certainly is eye opening. I easily saw where I went over. A handful of peanut m&ms here and a donut there :frown: yikes! huge calories for a few bites of food!

Erika~ sounds like a long nite, but I am very happy to hear that your dad is doing better.

Leash~ you should be heading out for your MRI in an hour or so. Good luck! Any idea when you will get the results? As for your height/weight ~ you are the only one who knows where you feel the most comfortable and natural. No negativity from me! I'm still waayyy off goal and I'm already being told by people that I shouldn't lose anymore weight, but I know where my natural setpoint is so I just ignore them! :wink:

Kel~ how was the hair appointment? I agree, very important to look good for the birth month! :smile:

Kechie~ how are you feeling? Taking a few days off, I hope? How on earth did your scale agree with itself? The weird thing is...mine did the same thing yesterday! :huh: I don't get it!!! :noway: OMG! I laughed out loud @ your surprise NOT 40th birthday birthday party! :laugh:

Shuntae~ I think (hope) everyone is thinking general goals! I know I am. I don't think I can pull off 15 pounds in less than 2 months. Hopefully by St. Patrick's Day!

Julie~ did you manage to sleep any better last nite? Aren't you relieved that you are definitely NOT the oldest! Although you may be the shortest :wink: although it appears I am 2nd shortest!

Nitz~ I'm shocked! Stunned! :noway: (NOT!) Another official marathon already?!?!? Who would've guessed??? Oh, wait! ALL of us! :laugh:

Tom/Ray/B ~ way to keep up with the girls yesterday! OMG! I was laughing all day! :laugh: You guys are awesome!!! :bigsmile:

5 mile run this afternoon along with boxing and kickboxing today.

Happy Tuesday :flowerforyou:
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Damn Becky -- now I'm old, fat, AND SHORT!!! GEEZZZ!!!! You really know how to boost a girls (or should I say old ladies) self-esteem!

On a brighter note -- this old lady got in 4 miles this morning -- and that's after less that 2 hours sleep. I REALLY wish my DH would come home! And Kelynn, I too like the empty bed -- unfortunately, when I lose the DH I gain 2 kids :noway:

Leash -- good luck on the MRI -- hope you get some answers! And as for your weight-- you know where you feel best.

Erika -- hope your dad is better soon -- keeping you all in my prayers!

My weight goal is by my marathon in March. And my scale was very nice this morning -- 3 pounds lighter than yesterday. I knew it was off, or maybe I should say I was hoping it was off, either way it gave me that push to do something about it!

So last night was better but not great -- had spaghetti squash casserole for dinner and 1.5 snack size snickers. Not sure where my calories should be set. I have it at 1290 which makes me sad :sad: I'm with Tom -- love the exercise calories!!!

Enjoy the day!
    Julie
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I don’t like to post my weight, it’s a “big” number but I am just a big fella. I did Boston Marathon at 210lbs, so it’s a really good target for me, but still seems like a big number. When I competed for time, I was a bit of an oddity at 200+ lbs clicking 6 or sub 6’s in the 5/10k variety races. That is one of my goals next year, is to “flirt” with some of my prior PR’s in the ½ or full 26.2, and perhaps break my marathon PR.

CW = 226 (I was down to ~220 a few weeks ago…arghh)
    GW = 210 (for 1Q2011)
    TW = 205 needed for a marathon PR fall of 2011

OK, I’ll try to frame up some rules & fun stuff by end of the week, and try to keep it FUN, because not everyone will do great each week. The main thing is to encourage some bantering but not leave anyone under the bus. For example, everyone gives themselves a rating at the end of the week like “super star”, “mediocre”, or “swine club”, anyone in the latter will take some abuse, but EVERYONE sends them a daily message the following week to help them stay on track.

Ray
  • bgood14
    bgood14 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    well that settles it -- i'm in the swine club! :embarassed: oh wait -- did we start yet? :wink:

legs feeling tired, and tom did the track workout already, so it looks like i can take a day off!
    (ok kids, this was an example of what NOT to do. did you see what went wrong there?)
  • jabdye
    Options
    so is this the part of the program where we start to make fun of bgood :bigsmile: I think I'm going to like this!

Now here little piggy -- go get your lazy bee-hind out there and log some miles!!! (A little tough love:bigsmile: )
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Got the MRI ... now its a waiting game...

BTW I'm pretty damn good at insults and just plain being mean to people... you guys don't know what your in for! :laugh:

~Leash :heart:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Becky-
    Hair appointment was ok- MUCH more expensive than what's listed on their website :grumble: but I like my hair- I damn well better for the price I paid :angry: Oh, and I thought of you today- a bunch of local organizations (radio station, the running store...) are teaming up to offer a self defense class since the woman jogger was pulled into the bushes and raped a few weeks ago in a VERY safe neighborhood. They advertise "Come learn the art of Krav" (can't spell the rest of it :laugh: )... so, you're officially an *kitten*-kicker in my book :smile: Hopefully you'll never need those skills on a run, but better safe than sorry! :glasses:

Ray-
    Love the idea about making it fun, competitive and successful! :flowerforyou:

Leash-
    When will you know the results of the MRI? My fingers are crossed for ya! :wink:

I was thinking of having my food diary locked with a key and giving the key to any of you that care as a way to hold me accountable. If anyone is interested in stalking me, and then kicking my *kitten* when needed, let me know :noway:
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Welcome Wendy!

She is my bud, a "good egg", and working on her first marathon this spring.

Ray
  • jabdye
    Options
    I don't know Ray -- your kind of sketchy as it is :bigsmile:

Okay Wendy - you can join if you are under 5'5":bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

JJ -- welcome!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Erica- Hows your dad? He's in my prayers.

Wendy- Ok if Ray says its ok then you can join, as long as you love turtles :laugh: jk! Seriously, welcome :smile:

Kelynn- Can we get a picture of the hair!? Glad you like it...I called the doctor to get an appt so I should know soon I hope.

Julie- Woohooo 3 pounds down! Sorry you haven't been able to sleep.

Becky- 1 day down no fast food, woo! I know you burned off those m&ms and donuts though. Wait... we're supposed to start being mean so PUT THE DONUT DOWN, gosh whats wrong with you?! Totally kidding!!! :bigsmile:

Tom- Thank you for keeping the world right with track tuesday, please please don't chew off your arm!!

Kechie- Sometimes throwing the scale out the window makes it work, just saying.

Bg- I'm just going to 2nd what julie said... get out there!!!!!!!!!!

Ray- I need a laugh, can we get another commentary please!

Speaking of throwing things, has anyone seen that friends episode where Phoebe gets really mad about the spoke detector because it won't stop beeping? Its hilarious and I totally was her this morning. I heard mine this morning and it wouldn't stop so I took out the battery... it kept beeping :huh: So I held down the "silent" button, it started beeping more and louder.... so I pulled it out of the ceiling, haha, whoops! It stopped though, I almost took out my hammer.

~Leash :heart:
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I was part of the "original" runners club back last winter, can I join you here? I was wondering where you all went. I am old, fat and short, too, and also getting the beginning of alzheimers and have a hard time responding to the bigger thread...... :laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, just checking in really quick during my lunch break. I got up this morning and packed this nice, healthy lunch and these nice healthy snacks. Guess where it is? I'll wait.

On my damn counter. Ran (figuratively, not literally) to the grocery store and scored an awesome deal on a few cans of emergency soup, so now I am enjoying soup, animal crackers and a Diet Dr Pepper. Could've done worse.

Erika- Sending good thoughts to your dad.

Wendy- Welcome!

Leash- Hope you get some (good) results soon.

Becky- Yay for 1 day no fast food!

Everyone else...I'll come back to you. Gotta log my food (See, I'm doing it.) and get back to work.
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Absolutely Tabby!!!!! Julie is looking for some shorties...haha!

Leash... I am not as "loony" today, I have a big headache. I had to get a bit rough with someone on my team this morning too, really miffed at how they had to act. Hope the results of your MRI are good.

Off to lunch, not to eat, but enjoy some FRESH AIR, and stop at the bank.

Ray
  • tabbydog
    Options
    Okay, if I am in, I will share my numbers too. It is a funny coincidence that just last week I started logging food again after taking the summer off and simply maintaining. (well, I had gained 2 pounds, but then stayed there for the last two months)

Current weight: 141
    Height: 5'4" (that might be a slight exaggeration but not by more than 1/4") :bigsmile:
    Goal weight: 130
    Super duper goal weight: 125

BTW, I have been using apple cider vinegar the past week every night, and the weight is coming off like crazy. Let's see if it continues to work. It has to be the raw kind, not the kind you find in the grocery. It is supposed to help metabolize fat. And yes, sadly, it is not magical, and you still have to count calories. :sad:

I HATE LOGGING TOO. Takes time away from MFP social time...... :mad:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Welcome, Tabby...

I'm beginning to feel like we have a secret tree house club, or something :bigsmile:
  • tabbydog
    Options
    Oh, I and I too have a wonky scale. If I line it up exactly with the edge of the vanity, it reads the lowest, so yeah, that's where I get on. :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • bgood14
    bgood14 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    oink, oink :tongue:

okay seriously, that track workout HURT!!! if i didn't have to report back to you guys, that's one workout that would not have been completed. but even with a few extra recovery stretching periods between the hard hits, i can say mission accomplished!

10 min warmup
    6 x 2min (@ roughly 6min/m pace) w/ 2min recovery
    10 min cooldown
    5.5 miles

it was by time, not by distance, so plenty of opp for excuses, but i marked my spot on each lap and made it all the way back around.