Part 3 ~ turtle club

Options

Replies

• erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hey guys - you crack me up.

Aagghhh...calorie counting. I'm so fed up of trying to lose the last 10 pounds or so, I decided a couple of weeks ago that if it was going to come off so slowly that I may as well eat the calories for maintenance of my goal weight and still lose slowly instead of being hungry and miserable whilst still losing slowly. Unfortunately, I'm still hungry! I have however managed to lose three pounds since I upped the cals, which is more than I have lost in ages.

My problem is not eating badly, it is eating too much. I love food...I love to cook and I love to eat. Oh yeah, I had pizza yesterday too, Homemade, from scratch, but still a big bad pizza!!!

Accountability here we come...my diary is open to 'friends' I guess that is you guys. My goal is not to put on 7 pounds over Christmas like I did last year (and with a cruise the week before that might be interesting!).

I've not done so well today as I had left over chilli for lunch, and as my mum made it I have no real idea what was in it so I just picked a random one from the database.

Today is a rest day on the running front, with a trip to the osteopath tomorrow.

Leash - good luck with the MRI.

Kechie - good job on getting it done and moving forward!

Erika x
  • bgood14
    bgood14 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    jumping on the bandwagon, then back to work (for an hour or two, at least)...

current weight -- 190
    goal weight -- 175

(acutal height -- 5'10") *i'm sure some of u simply confused that 5 for an 8 in my earlier post; they do look very much alike, depending on the person's handwriting :indifferent:
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    Oh lordie...height for real too?!?! :tongue:

Ok, the doctor says 5'6" but all my friends say they are 5'6" and I am at least an inch taller than all of them! :huh:
    But, I'll stick with 5'6" for the sake of honesty

and btw~ secret long term goal ~ 130

depressing statistic ~ women age 40 and older need a minimum of 60 minutes/ 6 days a week of exercise just to friggin MAINTAIN weight! :sad: none of this *I lost 337 pounds by walking 3 days a week for 20 minutes ...Bullsh*!*
    The truth ain't pretty or kind! :cry: (yes, I do know ain't is not a proper grammar...but it works in that sentence!)
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    damn -- first you kick me for being short -- now your throwing the AGE thing in there (I do believe I am the oldest on this thread:noway: ). I may as well just give up now and go home and sit on the couch and eat bon-bons!!!!!

Guess I need to workout 2 hours a day -- sorry kids but mommy can't help with homework Or prepare dinner!
  • beckym71
    Options
    damn -- first you kick me for being short -- now your throwing the AGE thing in there (I do believe I am the oldest on this thread:noway: ). I may as well just give up now and go home and sit on the couch and eat bon-bons!!!!!

Guess I need to workout 2 hours a day -- sorry kids but mommy can't help with homework Or prepare dinner!

LOL! i:heart: u Jules!
    No, just put the statistic out there because 40 is only 11 months away for me and I have a hard time believing something magical will happen in that time where I suddenly need that much exercise and somehow I DON"T this year???!!
  • jabdye
    Options
    It IS magical Becky -- 40 is Magically Depressing!

REALLY don't want to work today -- can you tell? :bigsmile:
  • beckym71
    Options
    It IS magical Becky -- 40 is Magically Depressing!

REALLY don't want to work today -- can you tell? :bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: But, I'm trying to look at it this way...next year I can be a COUGAR! Meow!

(of course DH might have something to say about that )

Can you tell I'm avoiding folding the world's largest pile of laundry??? :huh:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Don't bring age into this:laugh: I'm old enough to be your father (at least in the white, trailer trash kind of way). (I was depressed when Ray posted a real picture. I thought he was old like me, and I kept thinking, maybe there's hope for me yet. Then I realize I could be his dad (in the same WTT context):laugh:

Ok, if we are commiting here
    Current weight 171 (up 6 pounds from summer weight)
    Goal 165, (OK 161, let's make it an even 10 pounds)
    Height 6'0'' Really.:laugh:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    OMG, you guys are killing me!:laugh: Esp. Tom and his tt talk.

Julie I am 41 too. I think I told you this before: I lie about my age so much that my closest friends in real life tried to estimate my "real" age and missed my 40th by an entire year.:frown: They threw me a surprise 40th bday party for my 41st bday.:laugh:

I am 5'10". I will weigh myself in the am. There is no way I am getting on a scale this late in the day.:noway:

I hope I can locate my scale and remember how to weigh myself. I haven't seen a scale in so long...
  • jabdye
    Options
    You guys have to understand -- my DH is out of town for 7 days and I already have trouble sleeping...with him gone it;s MUCH worse! I know I saw every 30 min on the clock last night. So lack of sleep has made me giddy! I am truly sitting in my office trying not to make that pig sound cause I am laughing so hard! Esp Tom being my 14 yo trailer park dad!

Oh -- and KEchie -- if you stand on your right leg you weigh less!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    you girls are a mess! :noway:

i just change my height til i get to an ideal BMI :wink:
    what?!? u guys don't believe i'm 8'10" tall :huh:

I laughed out loud when I read this B. A good friend of mine is always wearing really high heels. When I asked her why she said it is to correct her bmi. Unfortunately, I love sensible shoes too much.
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    OK, let me try to pull this all together

Tom

Dis is yer son from long time ago, ma said I could find ya here. Been meaning to ask ya about why I feel so darn bad for eatin to much cookin and stuff. Not sure how old I am neither, but ma says I look young but act just like my pa who is a good runner and all.

Then I see these gurls complain about these dumb things and snorting at their computors and stuff. That Becky reminds me of Ma drying the laundy on the shrubs, placing the undies right on da top getting em good and dry in da sun. Whishing I too had some big boots that make me tall and skinny like all those silly gurls are talkin bout.

Sure do like your friends Pa, maybe sometime we go trapping muskrats by your new trailer.

Ray
  • jabdye
    Options
    It's official -- RAY HAS LOST HIS MIND :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Thanks for making this day nothing like the usual Mundane Monday!
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Heelarious turtle club today... .what a great Monday break!!!

I totally rule any height war at 6'4" and certain I'll be the scale tipper in the bunch too, that is unless a real wookie joings the club. I'll get the official weight in the morning, I am 38 and it feels very mature to me.

Ray
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Oh.... Tom (or Pa), one last thing.

YOU ROCK!

Many of my training pals are in the 50's and they have not slowed down either, and it is such an inspiration. Keep it up, it's only a number bud! In fact, the 50's is a highly competitive age group, they really rock.

In fact.... planning to run 14 with a good friend who is 64 this weekend, no idea how many marathons he's done but it's always great to see how youthful running makes us!!! Keep going forward.

Ray
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh.... Tom (or Pa), one last thing.

YOU ROCK!

Many of my training pals are in the 50's and they have not slowed down either, and it is such an inspiration. Keep it up, it's only a number bud! In fact, the 50's is a highly competitive age group, they really rock.

In fact.... planning to run 14 with a good friend who is 64 this weekend, no idea how many marathons he's done but it's always great to see how youthful running makes us!!! Keep going forward.

Ray

Thanks!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm gonna get myself on the public humiliation train..BTW, are these general goals or "end of the year" goals?

Current weight 146-147 (scale needs new battery and that was the last I remember...up from 141 in May)
    Goal 140ish, depending on how I look/feel..that may be too low since I am tall. My real goal is to lower the body fat to down around 20%...one day.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Humiliation time:

Current weight: 158
    Goal: 140-145
    I'm 5'7".

I'll be 26 on Thanksgiving and I feel like I'm getting old :noway:

Julie:
    I actually sleep better alone... I'm a total brat when it comes to sleeping- I like to hog the bed :blushing:

Ray:
    You LITERALLY had me laughing out loud... gosh how I missed all of you... we all got lost on the bigger thread- great to have my friends back! :bigsmile:

Shuntae:
    Glad ya found us :wink:

Bedtime for this girl :yawn: Hair appointment in the morning... gotta look nice for my birthmonth :blushing: :laugh: :wink: :drinker:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    We're really doing this.... moment of truth. You guys are probably going to get mad at me and say I don't need to lose weight... I feel comfortable here though (in this thread) and I never talk to other people about weight loss cause they say I'm being stupid or ridiculous... Yet I feel like crap sometimes and I know I won't get off the extra few unless I'm running a lot and thats not goin on as you all know, if I can get running again I know I'll just FEEL better and thats really what its about for me, this walking thing is not even close to cutting it.

Current Height: 5'10''
    Current Weight: 142
    Current Goal: 135
    Current Age: 23 (please don't hate/curse me, remember Julie I can send you some of my "youth" speed hahaha)

This would be my ideal "racing weight" and I've been there maybe even below when I had a really crappy scale with a wheel, not digital... but now my goal is just not to gain anymore. I eat healthy, I never eat fast food, but I have a sweet tooth. Mainly like little things like chocolate chips and stuff, or if I bake something yummy it seems to disappear haha. So I want to work on that, and getting more protein in. I also pretty much each the same thing day in and day out, I need more variety so I need to plan better! Ok I'm off to sleep, MRI tomorrow at 7.

You guys are probably all sound asleep anyways. Only 10:30 in cali cali. :smile:

Did I mention how much I'm loving this thread btw? Seriously!!!

Oh and Ray freaking hilarious post earlier, I was laughing out loud, in fact I read it 3 times.

~Leash :heart:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the MRI Leash :heart:

I'm feeling a bit tired today. I'm not the best sleeper anyway, but my Dad was taken to hospital last night. He's got the cold I had, but his temperature was getting higher and higher so the doctor sent him to the hospital. He had heart surgery 18 months ago to fix a degraded mitral valve, and the worry was that he had an infection in his heart.

A lot of waiting around in A&E but in the end they admitted him and did an ECG and it doesn't look like it has got to his heart. They have kept him in and he is on IV antibiotics. His temperature has started to come down so hopefully he is on the mend.

Anyway, a lot of waiting by the phone, and then calling around my siblings etc = not much sleep.

Anyway - accountability...

I'm currently around 151 (ish) and would like to get to 145. I'm almost 5'8'' and 29.

Take care everyone x