jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Ray, I know not what you speak of.... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

You know you secretly wish YOU were Danny Zukko
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I never want to run that far again...

Yeah, you say that now, but after the soreness wears off, the bad *kitten* will kick in, and you'll be thinking, 'I can do it faster next year':laugh:
    Seriously, sorry it didn't go as well as you had hoped.The frustrating thing after a tough race is that ,much of the time, you can't figure where it went wrong. Some days just work better than others.
    Do you know what the most twisted part about all of this is? Huh, do ya?

My aunt today asked me if I was going to do the Philadelphia Marathon in 3 weeks. I laughed at her and said I'm never doing another one of them again, ever, it's just too draining.

I stopped talking to her.

Thought.

I might run it bandit.

In 19 days.

I'm an idiot.

:indifferent:
  • bgood14
    bgood14 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    now hat was funny...and i know you're dead serious too.

anybody want to start a pool on when Nitz's next marathon is? sounds like we better move quick!!
  • jabdye
    Options
    my vote -- since it IS election day -- he runs one in the next 30 days!
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    now hat was funny...and i know you're dead serious too.

anybody want to start a pool on when Nitz's next marathon is? sounds like we better move quick!!

haha! I'm betting Nitz either sneaks one in before the end of the year or to start off 2011! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the catch Tom! :wink: Good to know the grammar police are on the job! :tongue:
    Hope you are feeling better!

B~ thank you so much for aligning the planets! It is greatly appreciated! Nice times! :drinker:

Kechie~ what is this taper of which you speak? :laugh: Actually I do believe that mine begins in another 10 days! Which half are you running this weekend?

Julie~ way to figure out a way to make everyone happy! :drinker: I am seriously impressed!!! :drinker:

Ray~ c'mon! Everyone loves Grease! :bigsmile: Thank YOU for the name and the idea! :flowerforyou:

Nitz~ I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed to discover that you weren't speaking to a ladybug of the insect variety?!?! :huh: Sorry that it wasn't the race you wanted, but give yourself a lot of credit! 3 marathons already this year!!! Amazing! :drinker:

An incredibly easy 8 miles this morning??? (but much closer to 80 minutes than 40! :laugh: ) Not sure what that was about! It was freezing cold to start and windy but we finished the 1st mile and I thought, hmmm, this is going MUCH better than I expected! I think maybe it was relief that it was the longest run we have other than our LSD runs on the weekend! Yeah! :happy:
    Now boxing and kickboxing were another story! Yikes! Very tired for those!

Have a great evening everyone!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

btw Nitz~ changed my ticker in honor of you and your friend! :tongue:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    OK.... we ALL pick a marathon next year and run it....HA! That would be awesome, and I've heard great things about M&M's at mile 18.
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    Yeah...

I'm going to sign up for Philly. 19 days until the next marathon. Let's see...

My mom said I'm insane.

My running partner said "you're crazy".

How can I not, miles 20 - 22 go through my childhood neighborhood. Come on, it's destiny.

I'm going to figure out WTF is wrong with me during races and kick it this time.

Give me sub 4 or give me... Um... Another marathon. :laugh:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is great stuff!

I am running the City of Oaks in Raleigh Becky. It is a great race. This is my third time. I know how Nitz feels. Partly, I think I keep doing this race b/c I can't run it in the time I'd like to finish it. Based on my last long run, a pr this year is not looking promising.:ohwell: I just keep trying.:laugh:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Nitz- You're nuts... and that's why you fit right in here :wink:

Ray- ditto :tongue: You're nuts, too!

Becky- freezing cold to start your run, huh? What was it? 70*? :huh: It was 27* when I woke up this morning :grumble:

As for me, feet felt better with the insoles today. Still no running, though. Thinking this weekend I'll give it a try- just something short. Other than that, nothing to report other than the fact that there was a fly belly-up in my salad at lunch today... they're gluten free, right? :huh:
  • beckym71
    Options
    OK.... we ALL pick a marathon next year and run it....HA! That would be awesome, and I've heard great things about M&M's at mile 18.

That would be SOOOO awesome! :bigsmile: I vote for something along a beach....in other words...flat!
    Let's see if I remember where everyone is
    Kel ~ Connecticut?
    Kechie~ North Carolina
    Ray~ Iowa
    Julie ~ Virginia
    Tom ~ Florida
    Me ~ South Carolina
    Nitz ~ Pennsylvania*
    Byron~ Illinois

* thanks Julie! :flowerforyou:

Hmmm...looks like east coasties are the majority...

Nitz~ I am so NOT surprised! You ARE a lunatic! :laugh:

Kelynn~ LOL! I KNEW someone would call me out...really it WAS freezing...barely 50! :cry: Even worse they are predicting 30's for lows by the weekend :sad: :sad: :sad:

Kechie~ that sounds like a beautiful course...City of Oaks!

5 miles planned this afternoon. The horror is I may have to get on that horrible dreadmill. Ran in the rain last week when it was 70s. Not sure I'm that enthusiastic about 50s and rain. I also have boxing and self defense classes on the schedule.

I hope everyone is having a good morning! :flowerforyou:
  • jabdye
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!

Nitz is in PA -- and Byron is in Illinois.

And ummmm -- well -- the Shamrock is in March -- in Va. Beach -- righ smack dab in the middle of the East Coast -- just saying!!! Although the one with the chocolate fountain sounded pretty tempting too :bigsmile:

No run this morning -- hoping to get in 5 or 6 tonight.

Enjoy the day!
    Julie
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Maybe VA beach.....BUT.... I'll be in Disney world....hahaha! Kel was coming too.... right? Haha!

OK, east coast huh?

I do travel to the Carolina's often (Raleigh NC, Columbia SC, sometimes Seneca, SC too). Could make a great reason to visit...eh? It cracks me up....I ask for a "pop", they say, "you mean a coke", so I converted to calling it "soda" now....haha!

Back to fitness topics, I was such a loser last night. No run because of a number of reasons, so I am ultra-motivated for a great run tonight, and tomorrow, and the next day. I need some bulk miles big-time.

Ray
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Becky!!! You forgot me! I'm in california, I'm pretty sure that your best course is going to be here, BIG SUR MARATHON!!!!!!!!

~Leash :heart:
  • beckym71
    Options
    Becky!!! You forgot me! I'm in california, I'm pretty sure that your best course is going to be here, BIG SUR MARATHON!!!!!!!!

Leash, I am so sorry :cry: :sad:
    Forgive me? :flowerforyou:
    I have been eyeballing the Long Beach Marathon in February, but Big Sur sounds awesome too! :bigsmile:
  • beckym71
    Options
    Maybe VA beach.....BUT.... I'll be in Disney world....hahaha! Kel was coming too.... right? Haha!

OK, east coast huh?

I do travel to the Carolina's often (Raleigh NC, Columbia SC, sometimes Seneca, SC too). Could make a great reason to visit...eh? It cracks me up....I ask for a "pop", they say, "you mean a coke", so I converted to calling it "soda" now....haha!

Back to fitness topics, I was such a loser last night. No run because of a number of reasons, so I am ultra-motivated for a great run tonight, and tomorrow, and the next day. I need some bulk miles big-time.

Ray

Ok Ray! You'd better let Kechie and I know the next time you head our way! :grumble:

I refuse to convert to soda. I'm the lone holdout in our family. But, I do shamelessly say *y'all* and drawl with the best of them! :laugh:
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    Ok... The Philly Marathon is sold out. If I run it bandit, what's the worst that can happen?

Also, any advice on what to do as far as running over the next 3 weeks?
  • VballLeash
    Options
    I forgive you Becky! Yea Long Beach is nice too and you would have good weather for sure.

Nitz- I'd say do one more long run, like 10-15 and then just take it easy with recovery runs. Your bodies probably hating you right now anyways hahaha, which means you should make it work harder! :bigsmile: And if you get a pr even though your not registered it still counts!!! Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

• RunRideRay
    Options

Big Sur is epic! Leash wins for sure, this is on my "bucket" list, along with great wall of china marathon.
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Ok... The Philly Marathon is sold out. If I run it bandit, what's the worst that can happen?

Also, any advice on what to do as far as running over the next 3 weeks?

As Leash said, one ~15 miler and some "garbage" runs just to keep moving.
  • VballLeash
    Options

Big Sur is epic! Leash wins for sure, this is on my "bucket" list, along with great wall of china marathon.

Yay I win!!! I wouldn't be surprised if its close to selling out already... I think its in April or May, can't remember. If by some chance I'm ready by then I'll be running it for sure. The half is actually in November but its not nearly as popular. I love running in that area, its awesome and you never get bored!