Why don't more men wear tight shorts to the gym?

Options

Replies

• Dumbbell69
    Dumbbell69 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It's just not the norm I guess. I like lifting in compression shorts but I don't at the gym.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    steveinct wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    [*] which is really hysterical b/c that's exactly why women don't wear baggy clothing- it doesn't allow for free range of motion.
    Women don't have external genitalia. You have no idea what it is like to constastly have to adjust things because your shorts/undies are too tight.
    [*]don't kid yourself honey- nothing hides it. Also sweaty clingy t shirt? if you wore no shirt or a more fitted shirt/ tank top you'd never be able to go back!!!
    I wasn't really talking about the shirt here.
    [*] no- but I think you would be hard pressed to try to argue them out of being highly sexualized area- and honestly as long as you can't see EVER single wrinkle ripple and bump- whatever If I can see vacuum packed balls and things- that's a bit much even for my rather lose sense of modesty- but general outline- meh whatever.
    Of course, your crotch is sexual, but again -- we can't ascertain much about it in your tight shorts. A man wearing a pair of compression shorts leaves nothing to the imagination.

To claim that breasts are not sexual is crazy.

Women have been judged for their sex appeal based on breast size for EVER! If nipples show, men assume we're horny. If they bounce too much, we're ogled or mocked. If they're too flat, we're judged masculine.

If they're too round, theyre fake.

So, tight shorts reveal a bulge. Whoop dee do. Most women know that size at rest is not indicative of size at play. (Unlike boobs). And unless youre popping a woody at every turn,its not going to make a damn but of difference

As for sweaty crotch...yeah, we get that too and guys think we're wet for a different reason.

Your reasons are yours, and valid for you... but to say we couldn't possibly understand is dead wrong .
  • wrkout20151
    Options
    I think the women's bodies are built better for tighter clothing than a man's.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Because it is a woman's JOB to be ornamental, didn't you know? Good heavens, get with the program.

Women=objects of consumption
    Men=consumers

Don't break society's mold, for pity's sake, or we're done for!
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The boys need to breathe.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I live in San Francisco. There are a lot of dudes in tight shorts at the gym.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    depends on the work out, but usually board shorts or running shorts. winter I do wear compression pants for warmth.

Short shorts for the beach, them quads like the sun!
  • feralX
    feralX Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    At home or a commercial gym it's compression shorts for me. I'm lifting and am only concerned with comfort and performance. I could care less what other men think, they have a problem with it they are welcome to bring it to my attention, but no one ever has. Woman can look or not, that's their choice not mine.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Just came in the check out his tight shorts. lol
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    I dont wear tight clothing to the gym and it makes it more comfortable . Im not giving away free shows and I get privacy because no one is checking me out.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Wear what is comfortable. As for me, I typically wear a sleeveless shirt with cargo shorts that are sized about one size too large. This is for one reason... I like to be able to see what I'm working on (and don't like to get too hot when I'm running on the treadmill) but like to be able to work out without being encumbered. Ladies should dress accordingly.... Wear what works for you.
  • feralX
    Options

Well then, you could just stop turning down all my offers to send you my collection of naughty tight short pics. ;)
  • Groovyca2022
    edited January 2015
    Options
    feralX wrote: »

Well then, you could just stop turning down all my offers to send you my collection of naughty tight short pics. ;)

Promise not to refuse..hit send
  • feralX
    Options

Trade for steak and egg breakfast?
  • Groovyca2022
    edited January 2015
    Options

Agree. I'll even give you breakfast twice.
  • feralX
    Options

Agree. I'll even give you breakfast twice.

I'm liking you more and more everyday. :D
  • takumar
    takumar Posts: 42
    Options
    "No meat on the butt" so I wear padded cycling shorts for comfort on floor exercises and TRX. Loose, longer jerseys do an adequate job of obscuring the crotch area. Glasses are off when I'm actually working out, so I can't see anybody seeing me.
  • Jkfriesen
    Jkfriesen Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    This is spawning off the OK Ladies... Be HONEST!!! thread...(http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1310393-ok-ladies-be-honest)

The question was asked earlier, if men can wear baggy clothes to the gym, why can't women do the same? Why do they have to wear skin tight clothing?

They don't. I don't. I wear b-ball shorts and old t-shirts. Don't. care. at. all.

• tornACL2012
    Options
    I have before lol