Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    In...for a pro tip
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha... I don't think its just exercise stuff though... I see people liking comments that shouldn't be liked... "I got hit my a truck!"... Then the like button is pressed. Laughing my *kitten* off!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I click the 'like' button when my friends respond to a forum post or become friends with someone.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, just a tip from a fellow fitness buff. If you really want to be supportive of your friends, make sure you read the comments on their workouts before you write "great workout!" Just because someone burned 800 calories doesn't make it great.

Typically folks will log their exercise, then comment to let folks know how it went. Some examples:

* "I was planning on running 20 miles but bonked at mile 8 and had to take a cab home" is not a "great workout!"
    * "I was hoping to ride 50 miles at 20 mph but could only hit 18" is not a "fantastic ride!"
    * "I strained my hamstring doing squats" is not an "awesome session!"

In these cases, a more appropriate comment would be something like "hope you feel better soon" or "you'll kill it next time!"

+ 1

A small note - body fitness gurus / strength training and ballet dancers on MFP may or may not be able to understand this post and may cause the confusion with cat gifs.

This post is more for Runners and Endurance folks.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Dave!

Same thing for the food diary... Don't say: "Great day!" when I ate a full bag of chips for dinner and I am 1500 calories in the red!

(PS: I delete people who makes that kind of comments!)
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, just a tip from a fellow fitness buff. If you really want to be supportive of your friends, make sure you read the comments on their workouts before you write "great workout!" Just because someone burned 800 calories doesn't make it great.

Typically folks will log their exercise, then comment to let folks know how it went. Some examples:

* "I was planning on running 20 miles but bonked at mile 8 and had to take a cab home" is not a "great workout!"
    * "I was hoping to ride 50 miles at 20 mph but could only hit 18" is not a "fantastic ride!"

In these cases, a more appropriate comment would be something like "hope you feel better soon" or "you'll kill it next time!"

I feel you bro. Kinda.

When people are like "I burned 800 calories cleaning my hamster cage" I'm like :rolleyes: 'Oh no you di-in't', but other people are like "nice burn!"
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I do what I want.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Just the pro tip: just for a second, just to see how it feels? :sick:
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Just because someone had a goal for their without and didn't reach it doesn't make it a bad workout.

True, but it sucks when someone doesn't properly read what you've written. I once wrote something on Facebook about throwing a pity party and one of my friends accused me of throwing a Halloween party and not inviting her. Um, OK.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    In...for a pro tip

I'll give you a pro tip
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Do you even lift?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

+ 1

A small note - body fitness gurus / strength training and ballet dancers on MFP may or may not be able to understand this post and may cause the confusion with cat gifs.

What if I have to pause my Jillian Michaels DVDs a bunch of times?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

+ 1

The air must be thinner up there on your high horse.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Dave!

Same thing for the food diary... Don't say: "Great day!" when I ate a full bag of chips for dinner and I am 1500 calories in the red!

It's called "unconditional love" and I'll be waiting to be re-friended by you again, Canadian-ketchup-chip-girl
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

+ 1

wow
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

+ 1

tumblr_mu2snqhzra1rkiuhro1_250.gif
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

+ 1

tumblr_mu2snqhzra1rkiuhro1_250.gif

You got one hella biceps ... Nom Nom Nom :wink:
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Dave!

It's called "unconditional love" and I'll be waiting to be re-friended by you again, Canadian-ketchup-chip-girl

Hahaha! I'm also awaiting a friend request from this Canadian french speaking chip eating marathon running belle
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    In...for a pro tip

I'll give you a pro tip

So what makes a tip a pro? And if it is a pro, do I really want it? Even if it is just the tip?