Pro tip: Read the comments before commenting on a workout

Options

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    In...for a pro tip

I'll give you a pro tip

So what makes a tip a pro? And if it is a pro, do I really want it? Even if it is just the tip?

The level of the user of course :)
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Do you even lift?
    I'm an odd lifter myself.

what is an odd lifter exactly?

It is exactly that
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Do you even lift?

not an even lifter
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    If someone on my list burns 800 calories, I am going to comment on them having a great burn. That's like 17 oreos.

I foresee you posting a topic about burning 1000 cals and still gaining weight... 800 calories is like 12 Oreo cookies dude!!!
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Do you even lift?

Apparently it's a lifter who also runs. We odd lifters will never understand the ways of "real" lifters.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Do you even lift?

not an even lifter

Pink weights.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    7ppvmGG.gif
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Do you even lift?

Apparently it's a lifter who also runs. We odd lifters will never understand the ways of "real" lifters.

Who hurt you? :cry:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    If someone on my list burns 800 calories, I am going to comment on them having a great burn. That's like 17 oreos.

I foresee you posting a topic about burning 1000 cals and still gaining weight... 800 calories is like 12 Oreo cookies dude!!!

Shots fired!

jAEShz5.gif
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, just a tip from a fellow fitness buff. If you really want to be supportive of your friends, make sure you read the comments on their workouts before you write "great workout!" Just because someone burned 800 calories doesn't make it great.

Typically folks will log their exercise, then comment to let folks know how it went. Some examples:

* "I was planning on running 20 miles but bonked at mile 8 and had to take a cab home" is not a "great workout!"
    * "I was hoping to ride 50 miles at 20 mph but could only hit 18" is not a "fantastic ride!"
    * "I strained my hamstring doing squats" is not an "awesome session!"

In these cases, a more appropriate comment would be something like "hope you feel better soon" or "you'll kill it next time!"
    Well I can't even run 8 miles or hit 18mph on a bike, so that would be an awesome workout to me and if someone posts that that's all they did, I'll still tell them it was a great workout. :flowerforyou:
  • elsie0o0
    elsie0o0 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I see we already made the "just the tip" joke... I got nothing. :ohwell:

59834-Archer-just-the-tip-DUYb.jpeg
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, just a tip from a fellow fitness buff. If you really want to be supportive of your friends, make sure you read the comments on their workouts before you write "great workout!" Just because someone burned 800 calories doesn't make it great.

Typically folks will log their exercise, then comment to let folks know how it went. Some examples:

* "I was planning on running 20 miles but bonked at mile 8 and had to take a cab home" is not a "great workout!"
    * "I was hoping to ride 50 miles at 20 mph but could only hit 18" is not a "fantastic ride!"

In these cases, a more appropriate comment would be something like "hope you feel better soon" or "you'll kill it next time!"

+ 1

A small note - body fitness gurus / strength training and ballet dancers on MFP may or may not be able to understand this post and may cause the confusion with cat gifs.

This post is more for Runners and Endurance folks.

What if I have to pause my Jillian Michaels DVDs a bunch of times?

*Spews coffee* HA! That chick...

Also:
    I post what I want! You ain't the boss of me!

60cb0e1737d08124a2100377ec9f1ce9.jpg

Just because it bears repeating...
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

Just googled - 15.

Im closer BUT according to Price is Right rules, it is closest WITHOUT going over, so you win this round...
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

It us all about the oreos. Double Stuff. Nomnomnom.

Also- best weight loss ticker ever :drinker:
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I post what I want! You ain't the boss of me!

that's a really funny one! who does stuff like that! hahha
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

In my opinion, these are all fantastic workouts (except for the strained hamstring), so I am going to say that they are great anyway.
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

mesmerising....

Seriously. I think I could watch this all day.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

It us all about the oreos. Double Stuff. Nomnomnom.

Also- best weight loss ticker ever :drinker:

If this burn is from cleaning do I still get cookies and if I do get cookies can I switch out oreos for fudgeos?
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

mesmerising....

me too. I keep coming back to it.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

mesmerising....

me too. I keep coming back to it.

This is absolutely the best thing to come out of this thread!