Do you think size affects someone's attractiveness?

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    I think some men cheat. I think some men prefer larger women. I think some men cheat with larger women. I think some men cheat with smaller women. I think the issue should be the cheating though, not the size of the other woman. I just don't understand why her size should have anything to do with anything. He cheated. What does it matter if she was as big a house? It doesn't make what he did any more or less wrong.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Something was being offered by these women, that you were not.
  • On the thread title: I believe it does. For multiple reasons.

#1 You are way happier & confident with you and your appearence, thus that happiness shows on your face. You are attracted to people who are happy & confident and when you feel good with your body you have that, you have a better self-esteem and the public likes it.

#2 it looks good! Would you rather a bottom & legs with an excessive amount of fat or one with the right amount of squats? A beer belly or a worked out one? (And I'm not even saying a 6pack, I dont like it that much, either on man or women; i just like a firm belly)

#3 it shows dedication! It shows that person is devoted to be a *better person*. You can't fake a body, you can't buy one either. You have to continuously do your thing everyday. It shows discipline, it shows mentality, and that's the kind of person you want around you.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Going through that scenario right now. Just remember, once a cheater, always a cheater (don't care what anyone says about that).. it's true.

He will realize that the grass ain't greener on the other side. Stay away from him; don't chase him, let him realize that he lost a good woman who cared deeply for him. He'll come running back; just don't take him back.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    I would also just like to point out that in my experience the more weight I lost there was an increase of sh**ty morons I attracted because of how shallow they are. When I was overweight I attracted guys who were interested in how nice and interesting my personality and looked past how my body looked. Those idiots would never have given me a second look when I was at my biggest.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    You're young. At your age, boys are idiots. It takes a long time for boys to turn into men and learn how to appreciate a good woman. Just give it time. It's not you, it's them.

This.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Confidence is a sexy thing all it's own, and it has nothing to do with size. When one is comfortable with themselves, regardless their size or shape, the confidence exuded is compelling- it influences everything about oneself; how one carries themselves, walks, talks, dresses, acts.

I don't know nearly enough about you or your exes to make any assertions regarding your situation; what I can say is, be confident in yourself, your body and your mind, and you'll attract good things.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    You're young. At your age, boys are idiots. It takes a long time for boys to turn into men and learn how to appreciate a good woman. Just give it time. It's not you, it's them.

Does it ever get better? Lol. My husband was in his 30's and still cheated. Some men just cheat. It doesn't necessarily get better with age.
  • MityMax96
    I would also just like to point out that in my experience the more weight I lost there was an increase of sh**ty morons I attracted because of how shallow they are. When I was overweight I attracted guys who were interested in how nice and interesting my personality and looked past how my body looked. Those idiots would never have given me a second look when I was at my biggest.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Interesting view on things you have.....

There are certain types that men are attracted to....just as there are certain types women are attracted too....

It is just natural that the physical aspect is big for guys...I mean lets face it....
    That is the first thing you see when you meet or see someone.....how they look.

So you basically are selling a product, yourself.
    When you were heavier, that product didn't attract as many customers....
    Now that you are smaller, you attract more....

When you are out, and see a group of guys, what catches your attention??
    Are you all sweet and nice to guys you aren't attracted too??
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member

Does it ever get better? Lol. My husband was in his 30's and still cheated. Some men just cheat. It doesn't necessarily get better with age.

I'm with you on that! My husband was 40 when he had the last affair that I know of.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

There are certain types that men are attracted to....just as there are certain types women are attracted too....

It is just natural that the physical aspect is big for guys...I mean lets face it....

And its the same for women... i wouldnt go to a bar and chat up a fat guy on the off chance he had a nice personality... i would go for the guy i found myself physically attracted to...
  • MityMax96

And its the same for women... i wouldnt go to a bar and chat up a fat guy on the off chance he had a nice personality... i would go for the guy i found myself physically attracted to...

There you go.
    My thoughts also.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member

^ THIS... my husband cheated, my exes cheated, my best friend cheats... most men cheat, period. They can't control temptation, tisk, tisk...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

^ THIS... my husband cheated, my exes cheated, my best friend cheats... most men cheat, period. They can't control temptation, tisk, tisk...

MOST men!? noooooooo.... some men, yes, and some women... but i think saying 'most' men is unfair!
  • MityMax96

People cheat. :wink:
    Women aren't saints in this area.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Based on you being with the man you are with now for a year, you must have been no older than 18 while dating a 23 year old and a 21 year old. Age differences can work. It's not even that big of an age difference. But, at the age you're at, two things could be the culprit. Some people get with someone younger at that age because they can take them less seriously but get treated really well. The other side is that at that age, there can be a really big difference between being a teenager and someone in their early 20's. Sometimes the connection suffers just because of different life stages.

I wouldn't assume that people disagreeing with you are larger. You are saying a lot that you don't have fat hate, but what you're saying around it shows the attitude that you're stung from being cheated on with women larger than you (because they are larger than you). You list their size in the same breath as their bad personalities and inferior looks. You say it's because you want to make sure it doesn't happen again, but how can you ever prevent that? No matter where you go or what size you are, there will be people the opposite of you. I'm not overweight, and the implication is still there in your posts. I don't think this makes you a fat hater. I don't even think you're aware of how some of your words are coming across.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member

Completely and utterly false. Most men cheat? No mam... some, yes. But to go as far as to say most do because you, unfortunately, have had bad luck with men who cheat? That's like me saying that most women are nothing but gold-diggers looking for a bank account, rather than a good man. I know that's not true, so it's not even an issue. I do realize some men do cheat, but to lump most men into that category is really not fair, considering there are just as many women that cheat as there are men that cheat. This is not a one-way street. Unless someone has met EVERY single man on the planet, then there's no pretext to put a blanket statement over the majority of the male population.

No offense to you, of course. Just stating an opinion.