Working out in High Heels!

Options

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I go to an excercise place called Bring It Up Sexy in DC, and we exercise in 6-8 in heels. Swats are much easier in heels and softer on the knees. So Missy keep doing yo thang in your heels.

:grumble: Really?? It is one thing to wear heels for an exotic pole dancing class once in a while, but it is another thing to do an entire workout wearing stilettos. Risk for injury would probably be the biggest issue here and you are encouraging that. Those classes may seem fun and all, but a real booty workout does not consist of wearing high heels.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Ok so i totally agree that using heels for exercise is a bad idea, but i do not think the op was talking about weighted squats or heavy lifting in heels. I think she was referring to body weight squats, still a bad idea, but let's address the concern at hand.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I am SO happy I came back to this thread. This picture made my day. What do we think she is squatting???
    I don't condone this, but here is someone that works out in heels also................I think it looks ridiculous, but what do I know.

CocoSquat-357x450.jpg
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Ok so i totally agree that using heels for exercise is a bad idea, but i do not think the op was talking about weighted squats or heavy lifting in heels. I think she was referring to body weight squats, still a bad idea, but let's address the concern at hand.

www.katysays.com

High heels are a bad idea ALL the time.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I am SO happy I came back to this thread. This picture made my day. What do we think she is squatting???
    I don't condone this, but here is someone that works out in heels also................I think it looks ridiculous, but what do I know.

CocoSquat-357x450.jpg

I'd say 15#.

ETA: Nevermind, I thought it was just the bar.
  • headless1991
    Options
    Lol thanks for the feedback! And yes, I was definitely serious! However, as some people took it, I was NOT at all talking about heavy lifting or anything of the sort! Just your typical work out video material! I've done my fair share of research on the topic of wearing heels while exercising and I've read all of the pros and cons! I started yesterday with doing some of my work outs in heels and I can feel the pull in different areas than if I did them without heels. I don't plan on doing every thing in heels. One day I will do it in heels, the next I wont. And may I add I have excellent balance in heels! And one of the benefits of being a southern girl is that 9/10 times that I am not wearing heels, I am barefoot! As much as I love heels, on a regular basis I only wear them Sundays to church or for special occasions. And after I wear them I make sure to stretch my legs so my calves do not tense up. I don't go to a gym I do my exercising at home. I'm not secure enough yet to be sweating my rolls off in front of a ton of people! LOL
    But again, thanks for the feed back.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mtonnq4Iqe1s1sezo.gif
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I'm only here for the GIF's...
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have read before in a magazine that just walking in heels every day when you are at work or out and about can tone up your leg/calf.

It doesn't persuade me to wear them though.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This is why emergency rooms exist.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Why am I being told to keep my heels down when doing squats?
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Please don't :indifferent:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks for the feedback! And yes, I was definitely serious! However, as some people took it, I was NOT at all talking about heavy lifting or anything of the sort! Just your typical work out video material! I've done my fair share of research on the topic of wearing heels while exercising and I've read all of the pros and cons! I started yesterday with doing some of my work outs in heels and I can feel the pull in different areas than if I did them without heels. I don't plan on doing every thing in heels. One day I will do it in heels, the next I wont. And may I add I have excellent balance in heels! And one of the benefits of being a southern girl is that 9/10 times that I am not wearing heels, I am barefoot! As much as I love heels, on a regular basis I only wear them Sundays to church or for special occasions. And after I wear them I make sure to stretch my legs so my calves do not tense up. I don't go to a gym I do my exercising at home. I'm not secure enough yet to be sweating my rolls off in front of a ton of people! LOL

three pages of "no" and you still think it's a good idea?

I have questions.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Why am I being told to keep my heels down when doing squats?

i was told that when your heels are up it is harder on the knees.....but i just looked this up to be sure and apparently it is hard on the back and knees, can cause plantar fasciitis, and it is also harder to balance.

http://stronglifts.com/7-ways-to-keep-your-heels-on-the-floor-on-squats/

anyway, squatting in high heels sounds like a recipe for disaster. good luck, OP...
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Great Idea.

Only thing is, I think the heels would pop my yoga ball when I squat. :(

stability-ball-barbell-squat.jpg

I+just+can+t+I+can+t+even.+That+was+golden+_88c4e41b112dd4005c0b9008fb2744fd.gif

ETA: I tried to google this on my phone to show the boyfriend... way too many people are doing this. I just... what? :noway:
  • likitisplit
    Options

three pages of "no" and you still think it's a good idea?

I have questions.

Google came back with 10 pages of nonsense, so I suppose that trumps the experience of the people on here.

Think of them as Sketcher Shape-Ups. Except with more injury potential.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I don't really care if you want to squat in heels or not. Please for the love of God, don't come in here complaining that people are staring at you if you squat in heels. You deserve to be stared at. It's hard to look away from a train wreck.
  • frankara
    frankara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i have a hard enough time walking in heels. Not going to happen
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I don't really care if you want to squat in heels or not. Please for the love of God, don't come in here complaining that people are staring at you if you squat in heels. You deserve to be stared at. It's hard to look away from a train wreck.

Also this.