Working out in High Heels!

Options
123457»

Replies

• lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Why am I being told to keep my heels down when doing squats?

i was told that when your heels are up it is harder on the knees.....but i just looked this up to be sure and apparently it is hard on the back and knees, can cause plantar fasciitis, and it is also harder to balance.

http://stronglifts.com/7-ways-to-keep-your-heels-on-the-floor-on-squats/

anyway, squatting in high heels sounds like a recipe for disaster. good luck, OP...
    oh my god I already suffer from that. Not doing anything to make it worse!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks for the feedback! And yes, I was definitely serious! However, as some people took it, I was NOT at all talking about heavy lifting or anything of the sort! Just your typical work out video material! I've done my fair share of research on the topic of wearing heels while exercising and I've read all of the pros and cons! I started yesterday with doing some of my work outs in heels and I can feel the pull in different areas than if I did them without heels. I don't plan on doing every thing in heels. One day I will do it in heels, the next I wont. And may I add I have excellent balance in heels! And one of the benefits of being a southern girl is that 9/10 times that I am not wearing heels, I am barefoot! As much as I love heels, on a regular basis I only wear them Sundays to church or for special occasions. And after I wear them I make sure to stretch my legs so my calves do not tense up. I don't go to a gym I do my exercising at home. I'm not secure enough yet to be sweating my rolls off in front of a ton of people! LOL
    But again, thanks for the feed back.

The Cliffs Notes Version -

"Everyone told me not to do this! Everyone said it was a bad idea and I could hurt myself! I hardly ever wear heels! I'm going to do it anyway! Who wants to start a collection for my medical expenses?!"
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I go to an excercise place called Bring It Up Sexy in DC, and we exercise in 6-8 in heels. Swats are much easier in heels and softer on the knees. So Missy keep doing yo thang in your heels.

Strong first post.

http://www.bringitupsexy.com/classes/

Apparently, it's a serious place where you learn to be a stripper in the name of fitness.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    there are Zumba classes in LA that do this.

IMO all "pole dancing classes" should do this. B/C really they are just training for stripper careers, I don't know who those ladies think they are fooling.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

IMO all "pole dancing classes" should do this. B/C really they are just training for stripper careers, I don't know who those ladies think they are fooling.

What is lifting weights in the gym training us for? Power lifting careers?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I go to an excercise place called Bring It Up Sexy in DC, and we exercise in 6-8 in heels. Swats are much easier in heels and softer on the knees. So Missy keep doing yo thang in your heels.

Strong first post.

Apparently, it's a serious place where you learn to be a stripper in the name of fitness.

Oh yeah when one of the school PTA mom's at the old school said she couldn't make a meeting b/c it interfered with her "pole dancing fitness" class I was like in my head .oO(great, now I know way more than I wanted to about you.)

2971206_orig.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

What is lifting weights in the gym training us for? Power lifting careers?

IDK? I don't even know? Maybe for lifting giant heavy turkey legs to our mouths, and for lifting our kids and stuff? Or for lifting our girlfriends into the car when they drink to much on girls nights out?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Strong first post.

Oh yeah when one of the school PTA mom's at the old school said she couldn't make a meeting b/c it interfered with her "pole dancing fitness" class I was like in my head .oO(great, now I know way more than I wanted to about you.)

2971206_orig.gif

There is a certain point in one's life when one should learn to frame things. For example, "I can't make the meeting because I have another obligation." Nobody needs to know anything more than that.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Strong first post.

2971206_orig.gif

There is a certain point in one's life when one should learn to frame things. For example, "I can't make the meeting because I have another obligation." Nobody needs to know anything more than that.

zactly!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    This has to be the dumbest idea ever! Why would anyone want to do this?