why_google_plus-580x622.jpg
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    So now you can't make comments on that blog? Bravo. Not.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    "We are unable to post your comment because you have been blocked by MyFitnessPal Blog."

I am quite cross about this :angry:

There should always be space for rational debate

Perhaps what I said wasn't rational though.

To that end, I made a blog post that contained every single removed MFP blog comment I made: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jofjltncb6/view/we-are-unable-to-post-your-comment-because-you-have-been-blocked-by-myfitnesspal-blog-aka-jof-s-greatest-hits-667378
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXxHgpxrKYLp9ZJnOTtBMcux4WMFcF2oX2GdK5I8CQVHHltSSs
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    can't I just eat a variety of foods getting all required nutrition from food while eating a reasonable amount of calories for my weight loss/gain goals?
    now that's just crazy talk!

(and my comments on the blog were removed as well. I guess mentioning that calling the recipe "MyFitnessPal Green Detox Smoothie" implies that MFP is promoting it as some kind of solution for some non-existent problem...was a problem.)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am confused. Was that written by a member of the MFP staff or a non-staff blogger?

Why is it a perma-blog when it is basically misleading?

Re the smoothie - Pretty crappy macros. Good micros. Not sure why you need >100% of the RDA of Vit A and C.

Would love to know exactly what toxins are being 'cleansed'.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I am confused. Was that written by a member of the MFP staff or a non-staff blogger?

Why is it a perma-blog when it is basically misleading?

Re the smoothie - Pretty crappy macros. Good micros. Not sure why you need >100% of the RDA of Vit A and C.

Would love to know exactly what toxins are being 'cleansed'.
    wouldn't we all...it was asked over and over.

*eyeroll*
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Good to hear that MFP is once again carefully choosing content and responding to legitimate and science backed criticisms. Oh wait. No they're not. Back to joking around in the forums because one can't take this place seriously.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    "We are unable to post your comment because you have been blocked by MyFitnessPal Blog."

To that end, I made a blog post that contained every single removed MFP blog comment I made: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jofjltncb6/view/we-are-unable-to-post-your-comment-because-you-have-been-blocked-by-myfitnesspal-blog-aka-jof-s-greatest-hits-667378

I know, I read it. Then I got even crosser, in a very English way. Ive got my arms folded and I'm tutting disapprovingly.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Good to hear that MFP is once again carefully choosing content and responding to legitimate and science backed criticisms. Oh wait. No they're not. Back to joking around in the forums because one can't take this place seriously.

Pretty much. What is the point if the staff is going to act in direct opposition of you?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I know, I read it. Then I got even crosser, in a very English way. Ive got my arms folded and I'm tutting disapprovingly.

Arms-folded tutting?

My my...

...that *is* cross.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Oh excellent. It's the "part time vegan" moron who deletes any blog comments pointing out her idiocy,
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Oh excellent. It's the "part time vegan" moron who deletes any blog comments pointing out her idiocy,

Time out now.

I don't *know*, but based on her responses to some comments and the disappearance of others (in an earlier thread weeks), I don't think it's the author doing the nuking. I suspect that's an MFP mod action. I could be wrong, and it isn't like MFP has clarified either way, but I'm 99.44% confident in my assumption.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Comments for this thread are now closed.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

code for waves of butthurt causing butthurt overload
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

That is, like, sooooo 221 minutes ago...

...like, totally.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Time out now.

I don't *know*, but based on her responses to some comments and the disappearance of others (in an earlier thread weeks), I don't think it's the author doing the nuking. I suspect that's an MFP mod action. I could be wrong, and it isn't like MFP has clarified either way, but I'm 99.44% confident in my assumption.

Let me rephrase then:
    Oh excellent. It's the "part time vegan" moron whose idiocy is perpetuated by the powers-that-be deleting blog comments pointing out heretofore mentioned idiocy.

Unless the 0.56% holds true.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Time out now.

Let me rephrase then:
    Oh excellent. It's the "part time vegan" moron whose idiocy is perpetuated by the powers-that-be deleting blog comments pointing out heretofore mentioned idiocy.

Much better.

(I just don't want your observation to be easily deflected because of a technicality.)

(Well, that, and I have a minor in Pedantry.)
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

Time out now.

Let me rephrase then:

Much better.

(I just don't want your observation to be easily deflected because of a technicality.)

(Well, that, and I have a minor in Pedantry.)

I'm pretty sure that Pedantry is illegal in Georgia