Oh Dear MFP suppots Detox and cleanses

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    the writer does not list qualifications and even implies that she doesn't have education on this but just went along with a coworker,

So that is the standard we should hold MFP to?

It has a massive audience that includes people with little to no understanding of nutrition, and promoting a blog post from someone with "no qualifications and no education on the subject" is not a flaw?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

So that is the standard we should hold MFP to?

It has a massive audience that includes people with little to no understanding of nutrition, and promoting a blog post from someone with "no qualifications and no education on the subject" is not a flaw?

For a free website who doesn't advertise that they will live your life for you and all of their information is unbiased and scientifically flawless, it meets my standards. The majority don't want to read scientific journals and like to read about new ideas, just like most people like fast food and don't want to eat broccoli every day.

Complaining about a website's quality while actively using it seems like staging a protest against fast food while using the McD's restrooms. (Suggestions are different, bashing or acting like it's a problem that a business wants money are another animal.)

Is McDonald's offering big soft drinks to an audience who has many who don't know much about nutrition and have no clue about what IIFYM means a flaw?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It would seem that they have edited that blog since they published on Monday. The words "detox" and "cleanse" have been removed from the post, however "cleanse" remains in the title.

It is now a MyFitnessPal Green Breakfast Smoothie.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    It would seem that they have edited that blog since they published on Monday. The words "detox" and "cleanse" have been removed from the post, however "cleanse" remains in the title.

Cleanse is still in the title ".Is a vegan cleanse right for you?"

In the article:
    "I soon learned that it’s normal to feel “bad” during the first phase of a cleanse as toxins are flushed out of your body—and, oh boy, did I ever!"

In the author's comments:

Olympia1000
    Here are some of the health benefits: It’s packed with fiber and protein and loaded with calcium. While fiber content does help “clean you out” (to put it nicely), the main detoxifying ingredient is parsley. It promotes urinary tract health, balance blood sugars, fights bloating, bad breath and free radicals, and detox heavy metals out of your system – to name a few.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Cleanse is still in the title ".Is a vegan cleanse right for you?"

In the article:
    "I soon learned that it’s normal to feel “bad” during the first phase of a cleanse as toxins are flushed out of your body—and, oh boy, did I ever!"

In the author's comments:

Olympia1000
    Here are some of the health benefits: It’s packed with fiber and protein and loaded with calcium. While fiber content does help “clean you out” (to put it nicely), the main detoxifying ingredient is parsley. It promotes urinary tract health, balance blood sugars, fights bloating, bad breath and free radicals, and detox heavy metals out of your system – to name a few.

Admittedly I only skimmed it this second time. My bad...