Oh Dear MFP suppots Detox and cleanses

Options
_Zardoz_
_Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
Oh dear I really question that MFP as a site should include this on their blog as by posting it is they are supporting such ideas. Luckily my liver and kidneys work very well and I've just come from the toilet (TMI) so as with everyone else my body is perfectly capable of cleansing itself

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/06/veg-out-is-a-vegan-cleanse-right-for-you/

N>B Excuse the spelling in the title

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Writer, lawyer, and healthy-eating proponent, Jennifer Pantin -
    , Huh? I do not see Nutritionist or RD in her credentials. In my opinion she should not be posting on behalf of MFP.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    well crap.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Of course, she doesn't mention what toxins are eliminated.

She posted another blog on MFP a few months ago that was was debatable on facts regarding harmful effects of animal protein.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    That's horrifying. I knew when MFP started "their" advice blog it was a bad idea. I'm actually disappointed in MFP and whoever allowed that blog post to be published. I see far better advice offered by some of the long time members from this site.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Blerggg.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    REALLY MFP???

tumblr_mcobrsSQAv1qa601io1_500.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Euex,
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Herp. Derp.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Brave1.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I've always felt the best parts of MFP come from it's extensive database and it's knowledgeable users.

The rest? The changes they make, the people they choose to promote? Just one worse decision after another. Helpful users are banned and they promote blogs from people with no clue what they're talking about.

I am lucky to have found good advice from people who know what they're talking about, not because of MFP. But in spite of it.

THIS.

Times a million.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Bad MFP, naughty :noway:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Because soliciting blogs from random people instead of some of their most successful long term users makes a ton of sense.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Her credentials are that she lives in Brooklyn and has a kitchen. A kitchen, people. If there's a mandolin slicer and a sous vide circulator in there they might give her the whole damn site.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    That's horrifying. I knew when MFP started "their" advice blog it was a bad idea. I'm actually disappointed in MFP and whoever allowed that blog post to be published. I see far better advice offered by some of the long time members from this site.

Agree 100% This is not the first blog post I have rolled my eyes at either.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    IN! FOR TEH TOCZINZ!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, this comes from the part-time vegan. I remember now! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    MFP has an opportunity and an audience big enough to really do something revolutionary: post sensible reasonable diet and fitness advice without pushing products. This is almost unheard of in the diet/fitness industry.

Sadly, they've decided to post crap articles that aren't backed by any science and just regurgitate crap from other websites instead.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    14szj4o.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    MFP can now replace it's logo with a Headdesk gif.