Gentlemen, its perfectly ok to comment on my weight loss!

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Different strokes for different folks. I would rather be left alone and my weight loss not talked about. *shrug* :ohwell:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

God I love this.

NOW YOU WOMEN KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO DATE YOU!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    So true
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

God I love this.

So true

Dating women is like playing Russian Roulette....
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

God I love this.

So true

you just now figured out we're nuts? :laugh:
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I am kinda mixed on my feelings.....I've lost around 60 pounds and yes it was nice people noticing, but then that's all they wanted to talk about, and there are better things to talk about than myself. yes I am proud of myself, but also still insecure.

Sometimes people are just curious as to how you do it....

I was at the beach the other day and two ladies started talking to me
    They started complimenting me and asking me questions...

So I took the time to explain to them what I do and how I do it....

I think I enjoyed sharing information more with them, then I did getting the compliments.
    Prolly cause I also feel a bit of insecurity myself....but that is something I am working on and dealing with.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

God I love this.

So true

Except there are 5 bullets in the revolver, not just one :laugh:

OP, you'll find there are lots of people on MFP that just comment to rip people apart, they don't actually care what the subject matter is. Try to ignore them :flowerforyou:
  • MityMax96
    Options

God I love this.

So true

you just now figured out we're nuts? :laugh:

LOL

Nah, I caught onto it pretty quickly a few years back. :wink:
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I am kinda mixed on my feelings.....I've lost around 60 pounds and yes it was nice people noticing, but then that's all they wanted to talk about, and there are better things to talk about than myself. yes I am proud of myself, but also still insecure.

I think I enjoyed sharing information more with them, then I did getting the compliments.
    Prolly cause I also feel a bit of insecurity myself....but that is something I am working on and dealing with.

Max, those girls were flirting with you. I wasn't even there and I'm sure of it.

Sigh, must I be a wingman for the entire world?

Srs???

No they weren't.

Well if they were, they got bored to tears then, cause I talked about nutrition and training. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Damn, I am a F**king idiot
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Max, those girls were flirting with you. I wasn't even there and I'm sure of it.

Sigh, must I be a wingman for the entire world?

+1
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I wish everyone i saw noticed my weight loss haha I worked hard for this and it feels good to have my efforts noticed. It puts a little pep in your step and just makes you feel good. So yes men comment away

+1
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

God I love this.

So true

Except there are 5 bullets in the revolver, not just one :laugh:

OP, you'll find there are lots of people on MFP that just comment to rip people apart, they don't actually care what the subject matter is. Try to ignore them :flowerforyou:

Well, at least women roulette sometimes gets you some. Totally worth the gamble.

Also, I don't see any real ripping apart just opinions and personal experiences with weight loss comments and reasons why some people might not comment

2v9u0yu.jpg

ETA: but I'm out to get you
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Weight loss or not, you look great! Good for you!

This ^^

Weight loss or not, you just naturally look good! Congrats on the loss, though! :)
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Well, at least women roulette sometimes gets you some. Totally worth the gamble.

Also, I don't see any real ripping apart just opinions and personal experiences with weight loss comments and reasons why some people might not comment

2v9u0yu.jpg
    [/quote]

True lol :happy:

Pages 1 and 2 someone jumped on her back for speaking for all women, seemed harsh to me that's all wasn't trying to start an argument.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I suspect it has a lot to do with your self confidence. I've been amazed how even the most trivial of things can affect people with very low self confidence and sometimes it feels like they're going out of their way to misconstrue innocuous comments as offensive/mean, even when the comment was meant to be complimentary or at worst constructive criticism. All that to say - I can see some people taking such comments negatively, but those same people would probably take a lot of other comments negatively as well.

In any event, you look great and to the people that feel bad when people try and compliment them, hopefully they get to a point where they're proud of their accomplishments and where they are today, rather than dwelling on negatives like how they looked in the past.

Well said!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

2v9u0yu.jpg

True lol :happy:

Pages 1 and 2 someone jumped on her back for speaking for all women, seemed harsh to me that's all wasn't trying to start an argument.

Haha. Sometimes translating words comes out differently than the writers intent, too. I read it as kind of a womany blanket statement. But I knew what OP meant :laugh:

I tend to take all words as a grain of salt though. Or gif. Gifs are nice
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    LOL :D
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I can see both sides. I have a large staff at work and it does get annoying to hear about it like every day. I appreciate the compliments, but still it gets a little out of hand sometimes.
    But on the other side, the guys that I'm dating totally refuse to comment on it, probably because they don't want to imply that I was fat before. So basically, the people I want to hear it from don't say anything, and the people who's opinions I couldn't care less about won't shut up about it. lol

:) LOL