150 CALORIE FOR WHOLE PINT OF ICE CREAM!

Options

Replies

• Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I tried the mint chocolate chip one - you need to definitely let it thaw for a good 10 minutes. The consistency was like ice cream but not the taste - it kind of reminded me of flavored cool whip. I don't really think it's worth the money; it was like 6 bucks for the pint.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Just for my own amusement I sent the "Arctic Zero" people this e-mail. I also included a copy of the register receipt, not that I think it will matter! LoL

To Whom it May Concern,
    I just discovered your products today after a web posting mentioned them. Since I had to hit the grocery store I decided to pick some up and give it a try, I found only one offering in the ice cream section, your “Chocolate Peanut Butter” flavor. I picked up a pint and was looking forward to trying it, ice cream is my Kryptonite and I’ve really had an urge to have some lately.

I got back to my office and gave it a try and all I can say is WOW!
    This is the most vile and reprehensible substance that I’ve ever had the displeasure to put in my mouth! On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it somewhere well below Zero. Maybe close to actual zero, like frozen solid in outer space zero. This substance could be used at Guantanamo Bay to make Al Qaeda terrorists renounce allah and claim allegiance to the west, I mean this crap is bad.

I spent $4.47 of my hard earned money on a pint of this substance and honestly, somehow I feel somewhat dirty. Please refund me my $4.47 so I might be able to put this horrible moment of my life behind me and move on.

Thank you,
    JG762
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Just for my own amusement I sent the "Arctic Zero" people this e-mail. I also included a copy of the register receipt, not that I think it will matter! LoL

To Whom it May Concern,
    I just discovered your products today after a web posting mentioned them. Since I had to hit the grocery store I decided to pick some up and give it a try, I found only one offering in the ice cream section, your “Chocolate Peanut Butter” flavor. I picked up a pint and was looking forward to trying it, ice cream is my Kryptonite and I’ve really had an urge to have some lately.

This is the most vile and reprehensible substance that I’ve ever had the displeasure to put in my mouth! On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it somewhere well below Zero. Maybe close to actual zero, like frozen solid in outer space zero. This substance could be used at Guantanamo Bay to make Al Qaeda terrorists renounce allah and claim allegiance to the west, I mean this crap is bad.

I spent $4.47 of my hard earned money on a pint of this substance and honestly, somehow I feel somewhat dirty. Please refund me my $4.47 so I might be able to put this horrible moment of my life behind me and move on.

Thank you,
    JG762

I love this! I want to hear the response :)
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

To Whom it May Concern,

Thank you,
    JG762

I'm not really anticipating a response!
    But I do somehow feel a little better, but I still want some damn ice cream!!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My boss brought that to work and my thoughts for 150 cal for an entire pint? Cannot be good. She confirmed when she said it was like frozen chalk-water.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

To Whom it May Concern,

Thank you,
    JG762

Go get some Talenti Gelato your tastebuds will like you again!
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

To Whom it May Concern,

Thank you,
    JG762

:laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options

To Whom it May Concern,

Thank you,
    JG762

Lmao the only thing you forgot is to ask them for a full refund!
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options

To Whom it May Concern,

Thank you,
    JG762

lol. It wouldn't be such an offense if the product was priced cheaper. $4.47 is rather "well-priced" for Artic Zero actually. I normally see it at $5 and up. To me, it tastes like a frozen slurry of water. It tastes "better" when you sprinkle each spoon with a little calorie-free sweetener.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

To Whom it May Concern,

Thank you,
    JG762

Go get some Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato your tastebuds will like you again!

FIFY :wink:
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm going to look next time I go shopping....thanks :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

To Whom it May Concern,

Thank you,
    JG762

Go get some Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato your tastebuds will like you again!

FIFY :wink:

Yes Sea Salt Caramel Gelato is required to make up for suffering through a taste of Artic Zero.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'mma drop some knowledge on y'all.

Save the $$, blend ice and protein powder and water, then freeze overnight, let thaw 20 minutes, and you've got the exact. same. thing.

Does that sound good? No? I swear to god, same thing. Bleaugh.

That said, I recently discovered
    http://proyofrozenyogurt.com/

I tried the chocolate one, and it's AWESOME. Not as soft as ice cream, but let thaw 5ish minutes, and it's got the right texture, and the flavor FAR OUTDOES the damn Arctic Zero Flavor.
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I agree that this Arctic Zero stuff tastes gawd awful. I also threw it out after 2 bites.

I also second/third/whatever the motion to eat Talenti gelato instead. I recently discovered they have double dark chocolate gelato bars dipped in chocolate for 210 calories. Heaven.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    That stuff is absolutely horrible. It is not ice cream.

I have found, in general, that less of the real, good stuff leaves me feeling a lot more satisfied. It's true with ice cream, butter, bacon... all that sort of thing.
  • MarmieChan
    Options
    This sounds super interesting! I'll have to try it
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I hear this stuff tastes like cardboard.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    thanks OP, this sounds delicious!!!!
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I like to blend a frozen banana, some ice, almond milk, cacao powder, and some chocolate chips. Sometimes I'll add frozen cherries! To me, it's like a milk shake and it definitely satisfies the ice cream need. Sometimes, I'll add protein powder and even spinach to make it more of a meal. I don't taste the spinach.

Also, I like the almond milk ice cream. It's lighter than regular, but it has a great flavor and much lower cals.