Eating out is ruined for me now..

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Speaking of BWW...

...has anyone figured out how many grams are in their boneless "wing"? Such a simple question and I still don't know the answer.
    No clue. I don't really count, or weigh or measure. I once looked on MFP and went with that. On the rare occasions I eat there, I usually go for the salad because the wings typically give me a tummy ache.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That depends on what you are being truthful about. Saying "you are the type of person I usually avoid" is pretty mean IMO. As opposed to simply actually avoiding them.

meh- I avoid people that smell.

I avoid people that are lazy- I avoid people that complain to much. I avoid a lot of people I don't like because I don't like them.

If you smell and I say I avoid smelly people- does that mean I'm being mean? No not really- i fI make a big deal about walking AROUND you in the hall way and ostracizing you- then yeah that's mean. But it's not really mean to admit I avoid smelly people.

You're projection about something doesn't mean it's ACTUALLY mean- it just means you're projecting.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, or disagree without agreeing if that if your preference. She didn't say "I avoid people who smell", she said "I usually avoid people like you". She made it personal. I can see no other reason to do that other than to hurt the OP's feelings. And purposely hurting someone's feelings is, IMO, mean.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Speaking of BWW...

...has anyone figured out how many grams are in their boneless "wing"? Such a simple question and I still don't know the answer.
    No clue. I don't really count, or weigh or measure. I once looked on MFP and went with that. On the rare occasions I eat there, I usually go for the salad because the wings typically give me a tummy ache.

Oh, I love their Caribbean Jerk wings. I'm glad we no longer pass that on our way home from work, because now I want some.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Derp
  • cjohns82
    cjohns82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    With all due respect, 200-300 calories of gelato per day in a week can equal around 0.5 lb of loss or a really great dinner out. Life is about choices. You make that choice. Ranting and complaining about how hard it is to eat out at restaurants when you are the one that makes the choice to down gelato multiple times a day is a bit hard to swallow. Everything is a trade-off in life and we can't have it all. So don't eat out and continue to eat your gelato. Or take one of the 50 suggestions by people on this board and implement it...

It's your choice.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend surprised me with flowers and dinner out last night - no occasion! Such a happy occurrence is not worth stressing over, but instead calls for celebration. We headed to a pub where I ordered an italian BLT (that they make out of bacon, kale, tomato, garlic aoli and bocconcini cheese on a foccacia bun - DROOL) with a side salad and a beer. Then we went for a romantic walk. I felt flattered and excited by his surprise, satisfied and happy with my food choices, and delighted that I got to spend the evening holding his hand and being active.

This is real life and we will face these choices/challenges everyday. Look for the good, or else create it. Practicing gratitude and moderation has taught me valuable lessons about sustaining a happy and healthy life.

^^ Love your attitude. :drinker:

If everyone had this attitude toward food and life, the world would be a much better place and life would be much simpler.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    With all due respect, 200-300 calories of gelato per day in a week can equal around 0.5 lb of loss or a really great dinner out. Life is about choices. You make that choice. Ranting and complaining about how hard it is to eat out at restaurants when you are the one that makes the choice to down gelato multiple times a day is a bit hard to swallow. Everything is a trade-off in life and we can't have it all. So don't eat out and continue to eat your gelato. Or take one of the 50 suggestions by people on this board and implement it...

It's your choice.

But she didn't want advice! She just wanted to eat gelato and rant.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    That depends on what you are being truthful about. Saying "you are the type of person I usually avoid" is pretty mean IMO. As opposed to simply actually avoiding them.

I avoid people that are lazy- I avoid people that complain to much. I avoid a lot of people I don't like because I don't like them.

If you smell and I say I avoid smelly people- does that mean I'm being mean? No not really- i fI make a big deal about walking AROUND you in the hall way and ostracizing you- then yeah that's mean. But it's not really mean to admit I avoid smelly people.

You're projection about something doesn't mean it's ACTUALLY mean- it just means you're projecting.

You...I like you...

Though your logic may get lost.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    There's a local place just around the corner that has sashimi. (no rice) Very low calorie.

Last time I was at a chain I took two salads for my two sides.

My tips:

1) Dressing on the side always.
    2) No cheese/sour cream/butter
    3) Don't eat the bread/rolls/peanuts/tortillia chips/whichever that is brought out.

Alternatively: eat exactly half of your entree, take the rest home.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

You...I like you...

it happens. I am fortunately- not offended if it does :)

mmmhmm and someone said sushi- now I wan sushi damnit.

might need all you can eat later. omnomnomnom
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options

It's your choice.
    QFT
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

You...I like you...

it happens. I am fortunately- not offended if it does :)

mmmhmm and someone said sushi- now I wan sushi damnit.

might need all you can eat later. omnomnomnom

Yup...same here...hmmmmm...
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Life is too short.
    I know several on here who have taken 2 week vacations, eaten buffets etc, got back, gained 8 Ibs, and found almost all of it gone within 2 weeks of being back on track. That kind of puts it into perspective. You could spend so much time agonising over the calories of these meals, that you miss out on simply enjoying a social experience that many people do not even get a chance to enjoy. You know you can lose weight, you know how to get back on track. Any weight gain will be temporary but you cannot get back a nice time out with friends/family.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    OP, dying to know, did you (and your mom) manage to find something you could eat at a restaurant without whining and complaining about it (although if it was Applebee's I can't say I really blame you)?