Any young black women looking to get thin?

Options
Welcolme. I'm a 33-year-old black female currently living in NYC. Like some many women of color, I struggle with my weight. I obsess over it. I want to get from my current weight of 220, down to 130. Any women of color in a similar situation? I'm also open to chatting with "women of pallor."

Behlor

Replies

• JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a 21 year old black female and I am not looking to get "thin" per say... but to get slimmer, toned, yet maintain a little extra fat within my healthy BMI range to have a little bit of curves.. I'm at the age where I'm dating a lot, so one of my motivations is staying attractive, and this whole "thick" trend seems to be in........and it seems like my body is naturally built that way...small waist, thick thighs..... so I want to maintain that silhouette, just slimmer and within healthy BMI range.
  • tihi18
    tihi18 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a 31 yo Black woman. I started at 170 and am currently 155. I am hoping to also get to 130 or 125.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm a woman of color but what does color have to do with weight loss. I hate these type of posts and that's from all races. Why comment then you say??... Because I can
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Yeah and this isn't the 1950s. We shouldn't refer to ourselves or others as people of "color" or "pallor" for that matter. :noway:
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Women of Pallor?

Seriously? :huh:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Collared people?
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    why only BLACK women. that's offensive. Groups that are color based irritate the crap outta me.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'm a woman of color but what does color have to do with weight loss. I hate these type of posts and that's from all races. Why comment then you say??... Because I can
    Yes ma'am I agree. I'm a 36 year old woman of color but...does that matter?
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Collared people?
    That doesn't make sense. You don't call them 'collard people'! LOL :laugh:
    Oh, Michael Scott.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Collared people?

In.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCjyHbRaWZ7AQfq0-GbCAC6lz53h3eVQyDfCjeQRWxSM8Tamyk
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I am with you! it's all ridiculous.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    If the post "any young white women looking to get thin" were up, it would get the same amount of hate.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Collared people?

In.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCjyHbRaWZ7AQfq0-GbCAC6lz53h3eVQyDfCjeQRWxSM8Tamyk
    per say it isn't so.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I am with you! it's all ridiculous.

Yep, people are people and we all have the same goal here. All races lose weight the same way. I call Troll...
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I know a black girl, am I part of the club now!?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm an old, white man who doesn't want to be thin - does that mean I can be offended and feel excluded x3?
  • vzduoi
    vzduoi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fellow white people, stop inserting yourselves into spaces where you aren't wanted. If this woman wants to connect with other people she feels may relate to her experience better, that's her business. To comment on this just to express your offense because you don't feel included is just gross. White people, historically and to a large degree currently, dominate just about every space imaginable and have never not done so freely. When a person of color requests their own space not be intruded upon, show a little respect and don't intrude. For anyone who doesn't understand why this is not the same as a white woman doing this, start by looking up Jane Elliott.

OP, forgive me. I just felt compelled to correct the misguided who've hijacked your thread.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm half brown!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Fellow white people, stop inserting yourselves into spaces where you aren't wanted. If this woman wants to connect with other people she feels may relate to her experience better, that's her business. To comment on this just to express your offense because you don't feel included is just gross. White people, historically and to a large degree currently, dominate just about every space imaginable and have never not done so freely. When a person of color requests their own space not be intruded upon, show a little respect and don't intrude. For anyone who doesn't understand why this is not the same as a white woman doing this, start by looking up Jane Elliott.

OP, forgive me. I just felt compelled to correct the misguided who've hijacked your thread.

Don't you mean "fellow people of pallor?"
This discussion has been closed.