Any young black women looking to get thin?

Options

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Fellow white people, stop inserting yourselves into spaces where you aren't wanted. If this woman wants to connect with other people she feels may relate to her experience better, that's her business. To comment on this just to express your offense because you don't feel included is just gross. White people, historically and to a large degree currently, dominate just about every space imaginable and have never not done so freely. When a person of color requests their own space not be intruded upon, show a little respect and don't intrude. For anyone who doesn't understand why this is not the same as a white woman doing this, start by looking up Jane Elliott.

OP, forgive me. I just felt compelled to correct the misguided who've hijacked your thread.
    um, i feel i was invited because she did say she welcomed women of pallor and i happen to be an extreme woman of pallor thank you very much.:flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    If the post "any young white women looking to get thin" were up, it would get the same amount of hate.

But white women on this site are the default. Most threads are full of white women, are they not? Is it wrong to want to speak to, see, and connect with people who look like me without paging through 10 pages of content hoping another black woman might show up?

You don't need a post to seek each other out because you are the default. If you post "looking for young women looking to get thin." Its very unlikely more than one or two non-white women would respond.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I'm a woman of color but what does color have to do with weight loss. I hate these type of posts and that's from all races. Why comment then you say??... Because I can

You said it pretty lady...
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Uh, I have seen plenty of black women on MFP as well as white.
  • Achrya
    Options

I've seen aliens.
  • futurethin2014
    Options
    Thanks ... I expected the response ... I only want to get healthy and improve my appearance ... I don't care if I'm called a racist, that doesn't faze me ... I just want a beautiful body, like women and men of all backgrounds. Enjoy your day!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    33 is considered young?
  • wheird
    Options
    Thanks ... I expected the response ... I only want to get healthy and improve my appearance ... I don't care if I'm called a racist, that doesn't faze me ... I just want a beautiful body, like women and men of all backgrounds. Enjoy your day!

Meh, you are just looking for people you can relate to. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    From the title only I figured it was going to be a guy looking to hook up :laugh:

Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:

Edited since I can't spell...
  • wheird
    Options

I've seen aliens.

I dont believe in either of these.
  • Achrya
    Options

I've seen aliens.

Um, you cray. They got a show on the History channel all about them.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    FFS people...who the hell cares who this person wants to connect with. It doesn't mean she hates or has all a problem with all other people.
  • Amuniquediva
    Options
    Yes I am 22years old and I can say its hard..im trying to get thin also
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I see plenty of post asking for women of a certain height or whatever. ::shrug::
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Fellow white people, stop inserting yourselves into spaces where you aren't wanted. If this woman wants to connect with other people she feels may relate to her experience better, that's her business. To comment on this just to express your offense because you don't feel included is just gross. White people, historically and to a large degree currently, dominate just about every space imaginable and have never not done so freely. When a person of color requests their own space not be intruded upon, show a little respect and don't intrude. For anyone who doesn't understand why this is not the same as a white woman doing this, start by looking up Jane Elliott.

OP, forgive me. I just felt compelled to correct the misguided who've hijacked your thread.
    People do know about reverse racism, right? Segregation has NO PLACE in this world!!! Never was a good thing and still isn't. I don't care if you're purple, black or see-through. I'm colour blind - if I have a problem with someone, it's because they are acting foolish. And Jane Elliott? This is starting to feel like the diversity training episode of the Office...
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Don't judge the OP...........
    its about race because there are different cultural standards of beauty within the black community vs. the white community weight wise, at least. Black women typically are built different than white women.......and all you have to do is look at the latest Rick Ross video to see what the idea of beauty is in the black culture..... and its not Kate Moss.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    33 is considered young?

This is the real shot fired.
  • wheird
    Options

I've seen aliens.

Um, you cray. They got a show on the History channel all about them.

Yeah but what about the aliens?
  • futurethin2014
    Options
    Thanks.
  • Achrya
    Options

People do know about reverse racism, right? Segregation has NO PLACE in this world!!! Never was a good thing and still isn't. I don't care if you're purple, black or see-through. I'm colour blind - if I have a problem with someone, it's because they are acting foolish. And Jane Elliott? This is starting to feel like the diversity training episode of the Office...

Color Blind= A cool way to say "Stop trying to exclude me!!! How dare you be proud of your skin color!"
This discussion has been closed.