Any young black women looking to get thin?

Options

Replies

• Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Fellow white people, stop inserting yourselves into spaces where you aren't wanted. If this woman wants to connect with other people she feels may relate to her experience better, that's her business. To comment on this just to express your offense because you don't feel included is just gross. White people, historically and to a large degree currently, dominate just about every space imaginable and have never not done so freely. When a person of color requests their own space not be intruded upon, show a little respect and don't intrude. For anyone who doesn't understand why this is not the same as a white woman doing this, start by looking up Jane Elliott.

OP, forgive me. I just felt compelled to correct the misguided who've hijacked your thread.
    People do know about reverse racism, right? Segregation has NO PLACE in this world!!! Never was a good thing and still isn't. I don't care if you're purple, black or see-through. I'm colour blind - if I have a problem with someone, it's because they are acting foolish. And Jane Elliott? This is starting to feel like the diversity training episode of the Office...

zz.gif?w=500&h=281
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    this could have been a totally innocent thread, but you people had to go and make a big deal about this.
  • futurethin2014
    Options
    Thanks for the flower, tiernan ... I'm a sweet girl ... honest I am!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Don't judge the OP...........
    its about race because there are different cultural standards of beauty within the black community vs. the white community weight wise, at least. Black women typically are built different than white women.......and all you have to do is look at the latest Rick Ross video to see what the idea of beauty is in the black culture..... and its not Kate Moss.

I am not sure who either of those people are.
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If the post "any young white women looking to get thin" were up, it would get the same amount of hate.

But white women on this site are the default. Most threads are full of white women, are they not? Is it wrong to want to speak to, see, and connect with people who look like me without paging through 10 pages of content hoping another black woman might show up?

You don't need a post to seek each other out because you are the default. If you post "looking for young women looking to get thin." Its very unlikely more than one or two non-white women would respond.

I shouldn't say anything, but I'm going to go against better judgement. Yes, it is wrong to want to find people who look like you. It's no less racist when it's being done by minorities than by the majority. The color of your skin is the least viable way to find people you have something in common with.
  • wheird
    Options
    Fellow white people, stop inserting yourselves into spaces where you aren't wanted. If this woman wants to connect with other people she feels may relate to her experience better, that's her business. To comment on this just to express your offense because you don't feel included is just gross. White people, historically and to a large degree currently, dominate just about every space imaginable and have never not done so freely. When a person of color requests their own space not be intruded upon, show a little respect and don't intrude. For anyone who doesn't understand why this is not the same as a white woman doing this, start by looking up Jane Elliott.

OP, forgive me. I just felt compelled to correct the misguided who've hijacked your thread.
    People do know about reverse racism, right? Segregation has NO PLACE in this world!!! Never was a good thing and still isn't. I don't care if you're purple, black or see-through. I'm colour blind - if I have a problem with someone, it's because they are acting foolish. And Jane Elliott? This is starting to feel like the diversity training episode of the Office...

Plz stop posting.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    its about race because there are different cultural standards of beauty within the black community vs. the white community weight wise, at least. Black women typically are built different than white women.......and all you have to do is look at the latest Rick Ross video to see what the idea of beauty is in the black culture..... and its not Kate Moss.

You can't be serious?
  • AlwaysBigSteve
    AlwaysBigSteve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    In before lock! omg this thread is funny. :drinker:

popcorn_seinfeld.gif
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options

And by the way, just because she wants to associate with black women doesn't make the OP racist. If she feels that she can relate better to a black woman's struggle, so be it. Black people should be allowed to come together exclusively without judgment.........and if anybody has a problem with that then he or she has major issues.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Color Blind= A cool way to say "Stop trying to exclude me!!! How dare you be proud of your skin color!"

x100.
  • futurethin2014
    Options
    I agree ... I just wanted to make friends ... Maybe a yoga class will help?
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Sam_puckett_-_awkward.gif
  • JassiBear
    Options
    Every other cultural group sticks together........why should blacks get judged for it?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

More than that there is a certain pressure for black women to stay large and then be proud of being large. If you dare to be thin your blasted for trying to conform to 'white' beauty standards. 2/3 of black women in America are overweight and most of them aren't trying to change because that's how we're 'supposed' to be.

Different cultures are different.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    33 is considered young?

This is the real shot fired.

Seriously! :angry: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

It's ok though, my students were shocked to find out that's how "old" I was. They had pegged me at mid twenties. I refuse to tell my high-school students my age until the very last week of school because it's hilarious making them guess, they are REALLY bad at it......
  • wheird
    Options

You can't be serious?

About which part?
  • ryantrimble12
    ryantrimble12 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

^^THIS x 10
  • wheird
    Options

More than that there is a certain pressure for black women to stay large and then be proud of being large. If you dare to be thin your blasted for trying to conform to 'white' beauty standards. 2/3 of black women in America are overweight and most of them aren't trying to change because that's how we're 'supposed' to be.

Different cultures are different.

Do you feel pressure to be "thicker"?
  • claybornesylvia
    Options
    Hi im sylvia. I am 26 and was 218 but has gotten my weight down to 210. I am african american and also struggle with my weight. Its hard but I am trying to maintain. My goal weight is round 160. I walk everyday and use the treadmill often. What are some exercises that you recommend?
  • JassiBear
    Options

You can't be serious?

I'm one hundred percent serious. THE STANDARDS OF BEAUTY VARY FROM THE WHITE COMMUNITY TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY when it comes to the IDEAL BODY TYPE OF A FEMALE............. its very obvious in our pop culture ARE YOU BLIND? Look at Nicki Minaj, Look at Jennifer Lopez, look at rap music videos......
This discussion has been closed.