I need to lose 35 pounds in 2 months !! Please Help me.

Options
12346»

Replies

• aal254
    aal254 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hate being fat!!! And I'm tired of it!
    That is exactly why you need to take all the time you need to lose weight in a healthy and lasting way. Trust me, I want to get to my ideal weight before I start my next year of college, but I know that realistically that could never happen. Your health is worth being patient.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Give up dairy and fast food [chemicals] you'll be surprised how your body reacts.

I didn't and my body's reacting pretty nicely.
  • wombat319
    wombat319 Posts: 14
    Options
    Here is the FB page for the camp I was at...the guy on this page with the white shirt & ball cap is Eric, the owner. It's INCREDIBLY expensive. And as you can see...it didn't teach me to keep it off, either! But now I'm back on track. Take you time, sweetie...you will lose it. If you need help with your eating, get the book "The Abs Diet." You'll love the food and it will make you even feel get & more energetic! https://www.facebook.com/pages/LIFECamp-Technique/46244909583
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

What is your body fat percentage now? Everything you've posted so far indicates some very unhealthy body images and rather flawed thinking about what healthy weight loss entails.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

We all hate it. No one here likes it. The question is...do you want to learn how to get the weight off and KEEP it off, by making sustainable lifestyle changes, learning about moderation, etc...or do you want to lose it quick and unhealthy only to gain it back?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Please reply only if you're going to answer my question.

Ok...... I'll help you. Stop being stupid. Sorry but it's not going to happen. People have stated that any way you lose that amount so fast is not a safe or healthy way. It's not going to happen ... not unless you count death or surgery.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have an inkling feeling that the OP may actually not be 18?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

I kinda thought that too.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

I've been wondering that since page 2
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Give up dairy and fast food [chemicals] you'll be surprised how your body reacts.
    My real reaction
    xdh537.jpg
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

I've been wondering that since page 2

I sort of wondered from the original post honestly.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

Oh heck no... please don't add to the incorrect junk on this thread already.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Dangit, I had a nice post written up and hit the wrong button... it's gone. :(

You're not fat. In fact, you're barely overweight.
    To make a healthy, lasting change, do this slowly.
    You put on the weight slowly, you need to take it off slowly.

Basically, your goal (35 lb in 2 months) is not healthy. Don't do it.
    If you lose 2 lb per week, that's a healthy rate and completely attainable (you're likely to be successful, not frustrated).
    Since you're currently 200 lb, you need to eat about 2000 calories.
    To lose a pound per week, eat 500 cal per day less (1500 cal).
    To lose 2 lb per week, eat 500 cal per day less, and exercise 500 cal per day.

At 2 lb per week, you can be 16 lb down in 2 months, which is 2/3 of the way to a healthy weight of 175 (which is at the top of the healthy weight range based on BMI), and halfway to your stated goal. Here's a BMI chart. http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf

Ignore any suggestion which has you going below 1200 cal per day unless your doctor says it's OK.
    Ignore any suggestion which has you giving up an entire food group or macronutrient.
    Ignore any suggestion which doesn't use real food. There's no reason to use "meal replacement shakes". I don't know why, but the body doesn't recognize calories from liquids as calories, so they don't make you feel full.

What you're doing is helping, yes.
    More important is to control what you eat - eat plenty of healthy foods, very little sweets, fatty things, etc.
    It is much easier to control your calories by what you eat than by what you burn off in exercise.
    Eating a 500 calorie cheeseburger? Easy & fast.
    Sweating it off on the elliptical? At least 45 minutes.
    Exercise is imperitive to maintaining weight loss, only somewhat useful in getting to a healthy weight.
    For time spent, cardio burns more calories.
    Weight training builds muscle, which is leaner so you look thinner and it burns more calories at rest than fat does.

Aim for 1500 calories per day, and eat back between 1/3 - 1/2 of what you exercise.
    If you burn 600 calories, eat 1700 - 1800 that day.
    I need information about what should I eat also and how much
    This calculator will give you info about how much of which food groups you should be eating.
    Put in your healthy goal weight (175).
    https://www.bcm.edu/research/centers/childrens-nutrition-research-center/healthyeatingcalculator/eatingCal.html

Here's another useful resource that can help you learn to eat healthfully:
    http://www.choosemyplate.gov/

Aim for plenty of vegetables, fruits, lean protein, and whole grains.
    Go easy on foods with lots of fat or sugar. Have them, but a small amount and not often.
    (I had a 20 oz bottle of ginger ale yesterday for medicinal purposes - upset stomach - but it fit into my overall calories for the day, and the last time I had soda was close to a month ago.)

In fact, you can eat pretty much all the fruits & vegetables you want, 8oz of lean protein every day (including beans), and up to 2 cups of whole grain (brown rice, barley, wheat berries, kamut, whole wheat pasta, whole grain bread ...) and be under your calorie goal, have plenty of nutrients, and be absolutely stuffed.

As an example, my dinner tonight was:
    6oz salmon, 1c carrots, 1c broccoli, 1c (cooked measurement) brown rice.
    350 calories, 51g carbs, 32g protein, 3g fat
    I could barely finish it.

I've done some blog posts you might find useful, especially the ones titled "exercise" and "setting goals".
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal

Another useful tip is to eat a large breakfast, medium lunch, and small dinner.
    The study I included in my latest blog post said 700/500/200 calories, but that's a bit below my calorie goals; today I was at 740/520/350. Still a few calories left & I'm thinking of having a piece of chocolate. I haven't even touched my exercise calories today.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    In order to do that you would need to work out all day every day. Cardio and weight lifting. You'd be very sore and would likely not maintain that weight. You are also likely to get injured from putting your muscles under all that strain. So it's a very bad idea.

You might see people on shows like "The Biggest Loser" losing 35+ pounds in two months, but they:
    - exercise for six hours a day
    - work with a doctor
    - work with a nutritionist
    - are morbidly obese
    They burn a lot more calories when they exercise. They need a lot more calories than most people just to maintain their weight so they lose a lot of weight just by eating a normal-sized person's amount of food. Exercise for several hours a day on top of that and that's how they get those insane results.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb/week is ideal
    If you have 15-25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lb/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lb/week is ideal

You are trying to lose 35 pounds so your goal should be 1 lb per week. Eat at a slight deficit, do cardio and lift weights. Turn some of that fat into muscle. It'll probably take you into the fall to look the way you want to, but you will notice some improvement after two months if you stick to a healthy diet and do cardio and weight lifting.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that. If you weighed 600 lbs, your odds of losing 35 pounds in 2 months would be more realistic, but at 200 lbs, I don't think so.
  • slemonfit
    slemonfit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    why do you "need" to lose 35 pounds by august 18th?
    thats too much!
    there's 2 months between now and then
    maybe you can lose 15-20 pounds that would be really good! maybe a few more for water weight but really if you lose even 15 pounds of fat in 2 months that is amazing and you will feel really different

but 35 is too much! and not healthy
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    i lost 28 pounds in 45 day with little exercise so yes you can but what is the rush its better for you to take it slow your not that badly over weight :explode:

You lost water weight.
    You have over 100lbs to lose. There's always a huge drop at the beginning that tapers off.
    comon do you realy know what your talking about if your still loseing water weight 45 days on there is some thing wrong:grumble:

I would like to know how you created a 98,000 calorie deficit in a month and a half to lose 28 pounds of fat in 45 days.
    You have the holy grail of weight loss and need to share your knowledge of creating a safe and healthy 98,000 calorie deficit in 45 days.
    I'm not sure I agree that it's "just water weight." Say you burn 4000 cal/day, which, for someone near 300 lbs and exercising, is certainly not unthinkable. If you ate 2000 cal/day, you'd have a 2000 cal/day deficit=4 lbs per week lost. It's certainly possible, and though some will initially be water weight, and weight from simply having less food in the stomach, the effects of that diminish after the first 1-2 wks.
  • turpenoid
    turpenoid Posts: 73
    Options

So then here's what you do. Work out now at a level that pushes your comfort zone. Increase from there... but never harm your body. Allow your muscles a break if you're in severe pain. Eat a balanced diet including lean protein, healthy fats, carbs, and plenty of fiber. (Maybe do some more research into macro nutrients if you're interested). Whatever your eating habits are, make sure they're sustainable in the long-run. Stay well hydrated. Do everything you can to change how you see yourself and start to feel more positive about your decision to get fit. Celebrate victories like a faster mile time or your first 10 pound loss. At the end of two months, you will see a difference. I can't guarantee 35 pounds, but you will certainly be healthier, in better shape, and your body composition will likely change. We don't know your habits, your body fat percentage, or even your previous activity level. So who am I to say you won't lose 35 pounds?

I wish you good health and I hope you achieve your goals eventually. Fat melts off of people at different rates, so trust yourself to judge what's best.