People claiming to be full in tiny calorie amounts

Options

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Great quote on lifestyle, not diet.

Thanks ^_^ It's just that after a diet, things go back to normal. I want a new healthy lifestyle of good foods and exercise to be a LIFESTYLE. Diets don't last.

Perhaps I misjudged you :-). If that is your plan and you are fueling your workouts sounds good. Out of curiosity when you drop the fat are you planning on bringing your calories up by a lot (like to 2000 plus) and continuing to lift?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1200-1300 a day and don't feel the need to eat any more. I don't get "hungry" after that. But i'm not "so full that I CAN'T eat any more." It's all a matter of if you NEED to :)

Are you meeting your micro and macro nutrient requirements? Grams of protein? Grams of fat? Iron?

Actually, I am. I usually exceed my protein and meet my fat and everything else. I eat whole food and try to live a healthy lifestyle. Like right now I'm completely full and I'm not even at my goal of 1310 yet. :) It's all about your own body and what works for it.
    Out of curiosity, what is the protein and fat goal in grams per day you are set at?

Protein is at 66 and fat is at 44. I most of the time exceed fat but almost ALWAYS exceed protein (trying to build lean muscle as well). I basically go for foods with high amounts of protein, and I try to go for the healthy fats.

Macros sound okay to me if you are exceeding those values by a good amount (like 90g protein). No way you are building muscle at 1310 cals a day though, muscle building requires an energy surplus and that you don't jave. From what you said I assume you are exercising. Are you exercising on top of of eating 1300 calories and not eating more to sustain your workouts?

I DO eat my calories back after I exercise. No way am I going to burn a thousand calories hiking and NOT eat it back, that's COMPLETELY unhealthy. And I'm not trying to bulk up or anything, but just become more athletic and leaner.

The most efficient way to reach those particular goals is to eat at a moderate deficit and do a progressive resistance program.

And I am :) I do Abs Monday, Arms Tues, Legs Wed, Rest, then repeat for fri sat and sun. I have resistance bands, dumbbells, new running shoes, a new bike, and a bunch of hiking stuff and etc exercise stuff. Thanks for your concern/help, though! :)

I'd focus on compound exercises and strength building.
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Thanks ^_^ It's just that after a diet, things go back to normal. I want a new healthy lifestyle of good foods and exercise to be a LIFESTYLE. Diets don't last.

Perhaps I misjudged you :-). If that is your plan and you are fueling your workouts sounds good. Out of curiosity when you drop the fat are you planning on bringing your calories up by a lot (like to 2000 plus) and continuing to lift?

Of course! I plan on not so much counting calories when I drop the weight and focus more on whole foods, organic, but still meeting my protein macros and all the healthy fats. I love to work out to that'll never stop hah. Thanks ^_^
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    My net calorie goal is 1300, although with the amount of activity I do I consume somewhere between 1700-2000 calories a day. While I'm never, EVER too full to eat my calories, some days I just get weary of trying to juggle the calories and macros and making good choices. Like today, my goal is 2035 and I have almost 500 calories left to eat, and that's AFTER eating a filling and nutritious lunch AND dinner AND a piece of cake for dessert. It's 9:30 p.m. and I just lack the brain power to figure out what else to eat to fit my macros and that I feel like eating and that isn't full of sugar.

I'll do it... but for once, I sympathize with not wanting to eat any more!

Well that is the kind of "1300" calorie diet that seems fine to me.
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    I guess it depends on your weight as well. Not gonna lie tho, 2000 IS too much. I usually eat well below 1200, I don't feel full obviously, but don't starve either, it's usually alright. But I can't imagine 2000 calories, it would literally make me sick.
    You state you eat well below 1200 and say you're not starving. Not being hungry is not an clear indicator that you are not starving your body of essential nutrition. To many people focusing simply on if they are hungry or not and what they think "their" body needs and not what the human body actually needs in general.

By not starving, I meant I don't get dizzy and lose the ability to think if I don't eat 2000 calories.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

Of course! I plan on not so much counting calories when I drop the weight and focus more on whole foods, organic, but still meeting my protein macros and all the healthy fats. I love to work out to that'll never stop hah. Thanks ^_^

Well then actually I think we have similar plans. My net is 1800 cal, typical intake is about 2200 with exercise. Currently set to lose fat but eventually going to transition to surplus to add a little muscle and get dem strength gains.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My net calorie goal is 1300, although with the amount of activity I do I consume somewhere between 1700-2000 calories a day. While I'm never, EVER too full to eat my calories, some days I just get weary of trying to juggle the calories and macros and making good choices. Like today, my goal is 2035 and I have almost 500 calories left to eat, and that's AFTER eating a filling and nutritious lunch AND dinner AND a piece of cake for dessert. It's 9:30 p.m. and I just lack the brain power to figure out what else to eat to fit my macros and that I feel like eating and that isn't full of sugar.

Whole milk. Pistachios.

I wish we had pistachios! Yum. But it's okay, I remembered we had peanut butter. Problem solved.
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    . Some people have small appetites, I get it, but it's kind of a slap in the face to those of us who are trying really hard not to overshoot our numbers.

No it is not a slap in the face to you or the OP or anyone else.

If people are having the opposite issue to you, that doesn't mean any such thing.

In order to count calories and hit 800/1000 cals, you would have to intentionally avoid high calorie items. It just seems like the easiest problem on the planet to solve. It would be like complaining that I'm too rich. :sad:

I'm sorry, that's untrue. I had McDonalds for breakfast and pizza for dinner - I came in just at 1100. I get full very quickly. What else would you suggest I do? I ate about 3 hours ago and I'm still very full feeling. If I tried to eat more right now, I'd end up with a belly ache. I suppose that's preferable than............what?

It's not like complaining that you're rich, it's just an issue that's different from your issue. One issue is not more worthy of support and guidance than the other. They are just different.

I had Chick fil a for dinner, which including a chicken sandwich and had a chocolate chip cookie when I got home. My total calories for the day came in at 1199. I had breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks today. It is not hard to eat 1200 calories and not starve.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    . Some people have small appetites, I get it, but it's kind of a slap in the face to those of us who are trying really hard not to overshoot our numbers.

If people are having the opposite issue to you, that doesn't mean any such thing.

In order to count calories and hit 800/1000 cals, you would have to intentionally avoid high calorie items. It just seems like the easiest problem on the planet to solve. It would be like complaining that I'm too rich. :sad:

I'm sorry, that's untrue. I had McDonalds for breakfast and pizza for dinner - I came in just at 1100. I get full very quickly. What else would you suggest I do? I ate about 3 hours ago and I'm still very full feeling. If I tried to eat more right now, I'd end up with a belly ache. I suppose that's preferable than............what?

It's not like complaining that you're rich, it's just an issue that's different from your issue. One issue is not more worthy of support and guidance than the other. They are just different.

What did you eat a mcdonalds? I get at sausage egg and cheese biscuit and an oj and am hitting 600 or 700

Egg McMuffin and a caramel fancy coffee something. The McMuffins are 290, the coffee was 50something (I didn't drink much of it).

Yup! Was thinking along the same lines as likitisplit.

1 sausage egg biscuit 510 calories
    1 McMuffin 300 calories

Perhaps you're eating the McMuffin because you actually prefer it. To me it's actually really tasty. However I chose that item when I used to eat it because it was lower in calories than some of the other options. And McDonalds publishes their calorie info on all their items. You'd literally just have to pick the next sandwich over to get 200 extra calories in your day
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

I had Chick fil a for dinner, which including a chicken sandwich and had a chocolate chip cookie when I got home. My total calories for the day came in at 1199. I had breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks today. It is not hard to eat 1200 calories and not starve.

So by "not starve" do you mean met all your nutritional and dietary requirements or do you mean by just not feel hungry.
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

So by "not starve" do you mean met all your nutritional and dietary requirements or do you mean by just not feel hungry.

I did. I can't vouch for the other poster.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Whole milk. Pistachios.

I wish we had pistachios! Yum. But it's okay, I remembered we had peanut butter. Problem solved.

Sometimes you need a boost.

Sometimes you need a reminder that the Doritos really are required nutritionally.
  • likitisplit
    Options

I lift heavy acrylics has a recomp success story posted. I can't seem to find the link, maybe she'll repost. It shows what I mean.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

I did. I can't vouch for the other poster.

Call me skeptical about the nutritional content of a chicken sandwich and a chocolate chip cookie considering that pretty much fills more than half your calorie allotment right there. Those things aren't really known for their high vitamin potassium and iron content.

But alright.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    *Looks at food log* Yep, 2,426 calories for the day. *Looks at ticker* Yup, lost 30 pounds so far and only 6 left to go. Of course, my favorite game right now is how much food can I stuff in my face and still manage to lose weight. It's highly motivational, very challenging and I've found it works quite well for me, its a diet I recommend to everyone :happy: .

Seriously, eating enough so that you feel happy and healthy but still manage to lose weight doesn't make you a little piggy, that's what we call winning. If you have more to lose and can comfortably manage a larger calorie deficit that still remains healthy then go for it, but there's absolutely no reason to be hungry and miserable if you can eat more, be happy, and still meet your goals.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I bet they have room for a wafer thin mint... just a tiny little thin one.

TIS ONLY WAFER THIN.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    *Looks at food log* Yep, 2,426 calories for the day. *Looks at ticker* Yup, lost 30 pounds so far and only 6 left to go. Of course, my favorite game right now is how much food can I stuff in my face and still manage to lose weight. It's highly motivational, very challenging and I've found it works quite well for me, its a diet I recommend to everyone :happy: .

Seriously, eating enough so that you feel happy and healthy but still manage to lose weight doesn't make you a little piggy, that's what we call winning. If you have more to lose and can comfortably manage a larger calorie deficit that still remains healthy then go for it, but there's absolutely no reason to be hungry and miserable if you can eat more, be happy, and still meet your goals.

How much do you weigh? How much do you work out? And at what rate are you losing? If you don't mind my asking. :)
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

I freaking love that game! I play it every day. It's so much more fun than let me see how little food I can, not pass out and lose weight as fast as possible game.

Well I'd lose that game right now. I'm confident I'm getting my nutrition and macros but I'm definitely calorie restricting to the point where I pass on the pasta or a beer.

My intake is in the 2k to 2.2k range only.