SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    survivor1.gif

OP be like dude!

This gif has me laughing aloud at work.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Why don't you set that fat bride's maid up with your fiancé and go out an find a hot dude? You're a sexy bish, you can get better friends and a sexy dude.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I would ask my future husband for advice. Because he will notice how his bride looks, not how much skinnier or fatter the bridesmaids are! :smile:

Don't do this. He will realize how shallow you are and leave you for that skinny bridesmaid.

Not when he's 150lbs overweight.
    He's lucky to be getting me

I'd advise the groom and friends to run very very far away.

Poor guy.

Poor bridesmaids, stuck with an awful friend like you.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    SHAME on you!! Those women graciously agreed to stand beside you while you marry the man of your dreams! How DARE you say what size they should be! I hope somebody spills grape Koolaid on your dress while you walk down the aisle!!

^^QFT....what is this supposed to be, a Stepford wedding? Seriously, stop being so shallow. Bridezillas aren't attractive to anyone. Enjoy YOUR day. Chill out, relax and take care of YOU. I had bridesmaids of all shapes and sizes and guess what? It was a beautiful wedding. No one will care what size someone is wearing. Six months from now no one is even going to remember the color or style of the dress except for those in the wedding.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    SHAME on you!! Those women graciously agreed to stand beside you while you marry the man of your dreams! How DARE you say what size they should be! I hope somebody spills grape Koolaid on your dress while you walk down the aisle!!

^^QFT....what is this supposed to be, a Stepford wedding? Seriously, stop being so shallow. Bridezillas aren't attractive to anyone. Enjoy YOUR day. Chill out, relax and take care of YOU. I had bridesmaids of all shapes and sizes and guess what? It was a beautiful wedding. No one will care what size someone is wearing. Six months from now no one is even going to remember the color or style of the dress except for those in the wedding.

Amen.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I think your bridesmaid should go on a juice cleanse.
  • VeronicaG2B
    VeronicaG2B Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OP - you are not being unreasonable. You should have things perfectly how you want them. Your friends should get with the program or get going.

They are easily replaced.

You've already got size 6 volunteers in this thread.

Troll #2

I'm beginning to think this entire thread was a joke... lol

She is asking for advice and support, and all you can do is go around calling things a joke?

Getting ready for a wedding is a stressful time.

Bullying like this doesn't help.
  • diamcoal
    diamcoal Posts: 6
    Options
    To be fair, what did she expect to happen? Especially when she says things like her fiance is 150 pounds overweight and is lucky to have her.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    To be fair, what did she expect to happen? Especially when she says things like her fiance is 150 pounds overweight and is lucky to have her.
    Well, this is a support site. My mother always taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. If people can't be supportive, they shouldn't post in the thread.
  • kmm0034
    kmm0034 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think you should put on your big girl panties, realize that your wedding is about celebrating you and your groom, and that your friends may not be your friends much longer if you treat them like crap. That includes being so insulting as to give them weight loss gifts when they are already plenty small enough.

Please don't think being a controlling bridezilla is acceptable anywhere other than on staged TV entertainment. So she gained weight? Oh well. People's weight fluctuate.
  • diamcoal
    diamcoal Posts: 6
    Options
    Well, this is a support site. My mother always taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. If people can't be supportive, they shouldn't post in the thread.

She didn't ask for support, she asked for opinions. And, whether they were brutal or not, that's what she got.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I think you should put on your big girl panties, realize that your wedding is about celebrating you and your groom, and that your friends may not be your friends much longer if you treat them like crap. That includes being so insulting as to give them weight loss gifts when they are already plenty small enough.

Please don't think being a controlling bridezilla is acceptable anywhere other than on staged TV entertainment. So she gained weight? Oh well. People's weight fluctuate.

Big girl panties? OP is far from big. How insulting.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

She didn't ask for support, she asked for opinions. And, whether they were brutal or not, that's what she got.
    I think support is implied. She wants them to be a certain size and she wants to know how we would make sure she gets that. It is her wedding and her day and she should have everything she wants.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    So my wedding is coming up. 4 months from now, I am SO super excited. I cannot wait for my big day. It's like....I've waited forever.

The main issue I'm having is my wedding party. Two of my friends who I love dearly. We went to a dress fitting.

-One girl has gained like 10lbs. Like she looks like a mess. How do I say this? After the fitting she wants to go get burgers and fries and beer. And all I can think is "REALLY? You now have to order a SIZE 8 instead of the 6 you promised me"
    She also won't get up at 5am anymore to join me on my two hour workouts.

-The other has lost like 10lbs. She looks great. Like a million times better than me. And really, it's not fair.

Don't they both realize I had a plan. We'd all be perfect size sixes except for me who will be smaller.
    All the sudden one is an 8, one is a 4....
    It's messing up everything.

SO what would you do?
    My fiance tells me to chill out an enjoy this process. But what does he know? Seriously. He has 4 dudes standing with him who all look like they have been on benders since Boy Meets World aired all those years ago.

If ever there was a more clear-cut case of justifiable homicide I don't know what it would be. Obviously you should just have them killed and move on...
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    So my wedding is coming up. 4 months from now, I am SO super excited. I cannot wait for my big day. It's like....I've waited forever.

The main issue I'm having is my wedding party. Two of my friends who I love dearly. We went to a dress fitting.

-One girl has gained like 10lbs. Like she looks like a mess. How do I say this? After the fitting she wants to go get burgers and fries and beer. And all I can think is "REALLY? You now have to order a SIZE 8 instead of the 6 you promised me"
    She also won't get up at 5am anymore to join me on my two hour workouts.

-The other has lost like 10lbs. She looks great. Like a million times better than me. And really, it's not fair.

Don't they both realize I had a plan. We'd all be perfect size sixes except for me who will be smaller.
    All the sudden one is an 8, one is a 4....
    It's messing up everything.
    Please let this be a joke.

HA! You got us.

We really thought an adult would be so vain, arrogant and selfish as to call her bridesmaid and friend "a mess" then whine that she won't be a size 6 on HER special wedding day. How DARE she?!!?!?!?!??!?!?! Bring out the horse whips.

Only a troll would throw shade on her bridesmaid and friend for having the gall to be thinner and better looking on HER special wedding day. How DARE she?!!?!?!?!??!?!?! Bring out the horse whips.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I think the stress is have a little bit of a toll on you .... and the bridle party.

That's rude. They're size 8s - not big as a horse. Wow.

I think its ruder that you thought I was rude ..... Stress can make anyone rude and a bunch of stress can make someone the rudest of the rude and ruders ........
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I would ask my future husband for advice. Because he will notice how his bride looks, not how much skinnier or fatter the bridesmaids are! :smile:

Don't do this. He will realize how shallow you are and leave you for that skinny bridesmaid.

Sounds like you need to talk to ALL of them about their weight. Buy some garcinia cambogia for the fat bridesmaid and make it her early bridesmaid gift. Do the same for your fiance but get some raspberry keytones and green coffee extract too; he's going to need all the help he can get to drop that 150 lbs in 4 months. Wrap it up nice and make it his early wedding gift. Good luck, OP. I hope these people can stop being selfish so they don't ruin your special day. :flowerforyou:

ETA, forgot about the skinny bish. Maybe give her an early bridesmaid gift too. A giftcard for a candy shop or bakery, maybe. And find out when she works out. Suddenly need her help during that time period so she can't go.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Sounds like you need to talk to ALL of them about their weight. Buy some garcinia cambogia for the fat bridesmaid and make it her early bridesmaid gift. Do the same for your fiance but get some raspberry keytones and green coffee extract too; he's going to need all the help he can get to drop that 150 lbs in 4 months. Wrap it up nice and make it his early wedding gift. Good luck, OP. I hope these people can stop being selfish so they don't ruin your special day. :flowerforyou:
    Perhaps I need to have them sit and watch a few episodes of Dr Oz and The Doctors?
    I mean, truly I mean well.

I just.. Well I had a very specific picture in my head. I thought we were all on the same page.
  • missemmapeel
    missemmapeel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I know what I would do.

Start buying them coffee every morning.

Fill skinny's with cream, maybe a couple a day, that should stop the weight loss and help pack on a little bit.

Take plumpy's and put just a smidge of ephedrine, crack or some other delicious stimulant in it to wire her up a little bit. Or you could introduce a friendly intestinal parasite (I've heard those work wonders).

Hope this helps!