The objective of this forum

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    You might appreciate how I describe straight razor shaving.
    It's where you take a knife, pray to god, press it against your throat until those jihadist beard hairs give up and surrender.

As part of their surrender, they commit suicide and fall off your face.

This is how a patriot fights ISIS.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I understand when people are doing dangerous stuff for sure. But I think what it really boils down to is some people are frustrated to see others losing weight and they aren't so they lash out at them.

Yes!!! You are right! Totally jelos.

Me too!

*looks at ticker*

Wait.

Yeah! Ha ha! Take that!

*looks at ticker*

Oh.

Hmph.

Never mind then.

:kicks rocks:
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    In.....

I swear "mean" people threads are addicting......OP please enlighten me on these jealous meanies you speak of.

These threads have become so abundant, "meany" is almost a synonym for veteran. Everyone uses the forums, people will not like all answers they get, and many will hate the delivery...... Not the problem of the person delivering the message. Many times the OP themselves are the first to get rude, and the majority of the time the "mean" person could careless if the OP gets the message, instead they want truth and facts on the thread so that if a noob is reading....they get correct info.

What was the belief in starting this thread? Calling the people that have no issue posting or stating their opinions out.....well that is not going to end in whatever desired outcome you may have hoped for.

Just to make the statement..... Most of the "mean" people are the most helpful, knowledgeable, funny, successful, and kind people on MFP.

Also, please reread the OP.....the hypocrisy is glaring. :drinker:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I understand when people are doing dangerous stuff for sure. But I think what it really boils down to is some people are frustrated to see others losing weight and they aren't so they lash out at them.

giphy.gif

sure that's what is going on....jeez
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If people can't handle criticism,debate or sarcasm from a total stranger on a forum how the hell do they handle it from family friends or in the work place.

The world is not always a nice place take the good stuff and ignore the bad

I always keep a pair of big girl panties nearby just in case.

Speaking of big girl panties everytime I see your profile picture I think its a woman bent over with her pants falling down until it dawns on me that it is your armpit.

I just spent 5 minutes squinting at my profile pic until I suddenly saw what you meant. :noway: You are freaking warped. I like it.:laugh:

Perverts the lot of you. :grumble:

Yah my DH thought that too...I asked how and why? because you are a guy and he said no...it's cause I'm a pervert...took me a while to see it....:laugh:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

You found me out I am extremely jealous of your 24 lbs lost....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQthTOZKrfhWcSK3qp-ZI4bswS4BcTRoS7NMuQcGOWuAL_uuVeKgieNAwGF
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    If people can't handle criticism,debate or sarcasm from a total stranger on a forum how the hell do they handle it from family friends or in the work place.

Speaking of big girl panties everytime I see your profile picture I think its a woman bent over with her pants falling down until it dawns on me that it is your armpit.

I just spent 5 minutes squinting at my profile pic until I suddenly saw what you meant. :noway: You are freaking warped. I like it.:laugh:

Perverts the lot of you. :grumble:

Yah my DH thought that too...I asked how and why? because you are a guy and he said no...it's cause I'm a pervert...took me a while to see it....:laugh:

You have a designated hitter(DL)? Are you an American League baseball manager?!?:grumble: :noway:
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

Officially jealous.

:laugh: Honestly, judging from your posting history you probably know much of what he talked about. That said - if you ever get the chance to see him speak, he is definitely entertaining. Plus plenty of squat booties in the crowd :drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Yes!!! You are right! Totally jelos.

Me too!

*looks at ticker*

Wait.

Yeah! Ha ha! Take that!

*looks at ticker*

Oh.

Hmph.

Never mind then.

:kicks rocks:

:laugh:

Poor Jof. Maybe someday TPTB will create a proper bulking ticker.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Is it not supposed to be for people to ask questions and get help? Instead you just see people post pointless topics in order to start controversy. If a certain lifestyle is right for someone else but isn't right for you why bash it? I just don't understand, let them do what works for them and you do you. No reason to shame people for the choices they make and the foods they decide to eat.

Case in point.
  • Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I spend more time at reddit.com/r/loseit because people here can be extremely snarky/trollish.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

I love your insight on this thread. All your posts, not just this one.....
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

Yeah I don't buy that at all. The people who often get branded "mean" on here are often the people who have the least reason to be jealous.

Confidence from their success is read as arrogance, bluntness in their responses is read as rudeness.

^^^^ this

and the sooner people who complain about the "mean people" realise this the better. Sorry if advice sometimes comes across as mean, becuase really there isn't any way to say "what you're trying isn't going to work long term and it's dangerous" that isn't going to be taken as mean/negative/snarky by some. But what are we supposed to do? Not tell them? Let them fail and end up in a worse position than they were when they started out?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    this site does NOT promote unsafe eating practices or condone gimmicks etc etc. People wanting validation of the latest craze or support for LCD are going to be called out .....rightly so. As someone said early on there are many people here, young, desperate, new to weight loss and nutrition that could easily fail prey to unsafe methods.
    Yeah, if you want to write those type of posts promoting wacky fad diets or nonsensical "rules" for dieting, keep it on the MFP sponsored blog where it belongs.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I spend more time at reddit.com/r/loseit because people here can be extremely snarky/trollish.

Because there aren't any snarky people on reddit.

LOL
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options

1. The 900th thread posted for the same damned thing, and someone can't be bothers to @#$%ing use the search function.

MFP guidelines: "a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic."

I get that when you have been here a while it gets tedious to see the same questions or "wrong ideas" discussed over and over again. I suspect that is why we get so many snarky unhelpful responses. Even the good guys get tired of explaining the same thing over and over. But it's helpful for us to participate in a conversation first hand.

Why are you quoting me then posting a non-relevant bit of "guidelines?"

No one was belittled. Now, if someone gets all sandy bottom over it, boo hoo. Every time people get sandy bottom over this, Memet Oz wins. DO YOU WANT OZ TO WIN?

Sorry, it was unclear, I see that now. I did not mean that you belittled anyone. I meant only that I interpret the guideline's support of "duplicate topics" to encourage posters to start their own conversations on topics. Lots of times I DO use the search button, but every once in a while I want to start my own conversation. Glad to see you responded with humour.