Do carbs make you fat?

Options
123457»

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to read the whole thread right now, and I hope my post doesn't get lost in all the back and forth bickering...

I love carbs and when I eat them I eat too many, especially the processed kind. Bread, crackers, pretzels, cereal....bread! Did I mention bread? Nothing like a warm baguette with butter and jam...mmmm.....1000 calories' worth, easy. It's hard to go over on carbs or calories when you're pigging out on, say, tomatoes.

Anyway, when I cut out those carbs I inadvertently cut calories, so I lose weight. But the weight loss is because of the *calories* cut, not the carbs.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to read the whole thread right now, and I hope my post doesn't get lost in all the back and forth bickering...

I love carbs and when I eat them I eat too many, especially the processed kind. Bread, crackers, pretzels, cereal....bread! Did I mention bread? Nothing like a warm baguette with butter and jam...mmmm.....1000 calories' worth, easy. It's hard to go over on carbs or calories when you're pigging out on, say, tomatoes.

Anyway, when I cut out those carbs I inadvertently cut calories, so I lose weight. But the weight loss is because of the *calories* cut, not the calories.
    There's no room in this thread for actual logic.

Typo...fixed it.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    YES THEY DO!!!!!
    Just look at me.

I eat a ton of carbs.....
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    LOLLL right

Are you going to build up a little post count and then try to sell us something? Or are you just very terse? Nevermind, you've been here since 2013. I'm going with terse.
  • cardiok1tten
    cardiok1tten Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I am also insulin resistant as I have PCOS and was diagnosed when I was 19 (I'll be 31 this September). In addition to just watching my calorie intake and working out regularly, I don't do well with high amounts of carbs. I don't eat super low carb but just try to make the carbs you intake complex ones that come from fruits, veggies, and whole grains. Insulin resistance seems to also cause more water weight increases in my experience.

9861004.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    The carbs in fruits aren't complex though.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    t_45d413140ea248409affc6b0235318a8.jpg