Women losing weight on 1800+ calories

Options
Hello all!

I am new to MFP and am looking for inspiration :)

I just wanted some experience from other women who are currently losing on high calorie intake!

If you could be so kind as to list your
1) Age
2) Height
3) Weight
4) Lifestyle (how much exercise, etc.)
5) Calories / day
6) any tips you can provide me :D

+ how many lbs/week you're losing

Everyone here is so supportive and encouraging! Just looking for more inspiration :) Thank you

Replies

• Janautical
    Janautical Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1) 22
    2) 5'6"
    3) 380
    4) Exercise at least 3 times a week, sometimes 5, at least 45 minutes a session
    5) 2140
    6) Not really, haha. I eat about whatever I want, but honestly it's best if you're eating wholesome, low calorie foods like fruits and vegetables so you can eat more and not get hungry.

I've lost about 15 pounds in the past ~45 days.
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Mfp!

I am 35 years old, standing at 5'10" tall and currently weigh 204lbs. I run 3x a week and lift weights for 1 hour twice a week. I eat around 1800-2100 daily depending on activity.

My tip is to log accurately and be consistent. It has taken me over 3 years to lose the weight so far, so it's important to not give up.
  • cjl2535
    cjl2535 Posts: 89
    Options
    1) 22
    2) 5'6"
    3) 380
    4) Exercise at least 3 times a week, sometimes 5, at least 45 minutes a session
    5) 2140
    6) Not really, haha. I eat about whatever I want, but honestly it's best if you're eating wholesome, low calorie foods like fruits and vegetables so you can eat more and not get hungry.

I've lost about 15 pounds in the past ~45 days.

Hehe, love your mentality :D
  • gorlarlyn7
    gorlarlyn7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic that you have lost 15 pounds. I too am trying to lose weight very slowly. I want to lose 60 pounds in 380 days. I am 57 years old and I am 5'7" tall is that helps you out. With exercise I can eat up to 1800 calories so hopefully I will lose weight.
  • cjl2535
    Options
    Welcome to Mfp!

I am 35 years old, standing at 5'10" tall and currently weigh 204lbs. I run 3x a week and lift weights for 1 hour twice a week. I eat around 1800-2100 daily depending on activity.

My tip is to log accurately and be consistent. It has taken me over 3 years to lose the weight so far, so it's important to not give up.

Thank you so much! I will make sure to :P I love the MFP app!!
  • cjl2535
    Options
    That is fantastic that you have lost 15 pounds. I too am trying to lose weight very slowly. I want to lose 60 pounds in 380 days. I am 57 years old and I am 5'7" tall is that helps you out. With exercise I can eat up to 1800 calories so hopefully I will lose weight.

Totally agree with you! Like they say, slow and steady wins the race :D
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    1) Age

2) Height
    --5'6"

3) Weight

Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor so I teach 8 classes a week and am on my feet and demonstrating exercises all day long.

5) Calories / day
    2970 + Exercise Calories

Relax. Don't weigh daily. Don't focus on weight. Just exercise as much as you can and adjust your intake to no less than 80% of your TDEE so that you maintain muscle while losing fat. Don't be surprised if the scale goes up first because you will be storing extra glycogen in water in the muscles in order to fuel the exercise you are doing the next day. It doesn't take any extra intake for this storage, just using the muscles. But it does take burning 3500 calories from body fat stores to lose a pound of fat, so it takes longer than storing that glycogen. Wait at least 4-6 weeks before re-weighing so you don't get discouraged if you must focus on the scale. Preferably, do your body composition and focus on getting the fat number down and the lean number up, even if that means the scale stays the same or goes up. If the fat # is going down, then your size will go down, regardless of weight.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Hey!

1) 27
    2) 5'3
    3) 270-ish
    4) In a bit of an exercise lull (husband was in an accident recently), but getting back in to running, cycling, and lifting
    5) 1800-2100
    6) Don't restrict your calories too much, just eat food that your body recognizes as food. Mix it up (food and exercise) so you don't get bored.

I lost about 75 # on 1200-1500 calories per day and then my hormones decided to totally freak out and I gained back about 50 #. I wasn't eating enough and lost too much too fast. Fortunately, I think I've stabilized because I've maintained the lower 270's for quite some time now. I'm now slowly working toward going back down eating a moderate amount and working out. Best of luck to you. You got this! :)
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great post!

1) 33
    2) 5'11
    3) 298
    4) Elliptical, 30 minutes 5x per week plus 30 minute walks on non gym days
    5) 1700-2000 (more on high activity days)
    6) Take your time. Make changes that you can live with. You don't have to eliminate the things you love from your diet, just eat smaller portions!

If you lovely ladies are active on your news feeds, please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    37 yrs old
    5' 7"
    148 lbs, 11.7% bf
    1800-2200 cals/day
    I lift heavy 6x a week and am dieting for a physique competition.

Tips: Respect your body and fuel it accordingly. Don't rush...it'll take however long it takes. This needs to be for the rest of your life, so just relax and enjoy watching the changes as they come :)

... oh, and lift weights.
  • cjl2535
    Options
    1) Age

2) Height
    --5'6"

3) Weight

Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor so I teach 8 classes a week and am on my feet and demonstrating exercises all day long.

5) Calories / day
    2970 + Exercise Calories

Relax. Don't weigh daily. Don't focus on weight. Just exercise as much as you can and adjust your intake to no less than 80% of your TDEE so that you maintain muscle while losing fat. Don't be surprised if the scale goes up first because you will be storing extra glycogen in water in the muscles in order to fuel the exercise you are doing the next day. It doesn't take any extra intake for this storage, just using the muscles. But it does take burning 3500 calories from body fat stores to lose a pound of fat, so it takes longer than storing that glycogen. Wait at least 4-6 weeks before re-weighing so you don't get discouraged if you must focus on the scale. Preferably, do your body composition and focus on getting the fat number down and the lean number up, even if that means the scale stays the same or goes up. If the fat # is going down, then your size will go down, regardless of weight.

So inspirational! My goal is to become a Group Exercise Instructor as well :D of course, later on when I get back in shape.
    And thank you about the weighing thing!
  • cjl2535
    Options
    Hey!

1) 27
    2) 5'3
    3) 270-ish
    4) In a bit of an exercise lull (husband was in an accident recently), but getting back in to running, cycling, and lifting
    5) 1800-2100
    6) Don't restrict your calories too much, just eat food that your body recognizes as food. Mix it up (food and exercise) so you don't get bored.

I lost about 75 # on 1200-1500 calories per day and then my hormones decided to totally freak out and I gained back about 50 #. I wasn't eating enough and lost too much too fast. Fortunately, I think I've stabilized because I've maintained the lower 270's for quite some time now. I'm now slowly working toward going back down eating a moderate amount and working out. Best of luck to you. You got this! :)

omg, totally agree with you on the restricting thing...the after consequences of chronic undereating was horrible and after recovering from an eating disorder, my mentality is that "food is never the enemy" :)
    And thank you!! Good luck to you as well :) Sounds like you're doing amazingg
  • cjl2535
    Options
    Great post!

1) 33
    2) 5'11
    3) 298
    4) Elliptical, 30 minutes 5x per week plus 30 minute walks on non gym days
    5) 1700-2000 (more on high activity days)
    6) Take your time. Make changes that you can live with. You don't have to eliminate the things you love from your diet, just eat smaller portions!

If you lovely ladies are active on your news feeds, please feel free to add me as a friend.

Hehe, agreed! Best of luck to you and thank you so much for sharing :)))
  • kkay3182
    kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    When I started I was 330, no exercise, except the occasional walking at the mall I had a 1830 cal limit I ate about 1600 a day on average and lost about 15 lbs in 6 weeks, then my calories was automatically adjusted down to 1628. I am 5' 6"
    Good luck with your journey!
  • cjl2535
    Options
    37 yrs old
    5' 7"
    148 lbs, 11.7% bf
    1800-2200 cals/day
    I lift heavy 6x a week and am dieting for a physique competition.

Tips: Respect your body and fuel it accordingly. Don't rush...it'll take however long it takes. This needs to be for the rest of your life, so just relax and enjoy watching the changes as they come :)

... oh, and lift weights.

Wow! Good luck on training for your competition!!
    Just a question...I hope it's not too personal but have you ever lost your period during your dieting/training? And if so, how did you get it back?
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    1) Age 28
    2) Height 5' 6.5"
    3) Weight 154.8
    4) Lifestyle (how much exercise, etc.) 2-3 days a week 45 minutes heavy lifting, 1 days a week I try to fit in a 5-6 mile walk.
    5) Calories / day: net 1860, gross 2000+ most days
    6) any tips you can provide me :D : time and time. Ive lost 55lbs but this last year only 5 but messurements have dropped. The longer you're at it the slower it will go but thats normal.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    1) 32
    2) 5'6"
    3) 218
    4) I work in retail and easily get 10-15,000+ steps in during a shift (a large supercenter, walking back and forth across the floor and to the back room several times a day). I also do strength training three days a week, take a 3-mile walk on my days off, and try to get in another day of cardio.
    5) goal is 1730, but with eating calories back I'm almost always between 1800-2000
    6) realize that it's going to take time. I started in January with a goal of 90 to lose (now 100-115), and am just now at 30 pounds down. And definitely buy a food scale!
  • sandtisch
    sandtisch Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello there!

1) 32
    2) 182cm (just under 6ft)
    3) 247 lb
    4) Sedentary / lightly active, additional gym visits for Zumba (twice a week), strength training ( 2-3 times a week or other cardio stuff. I bike or walk instead of using the car whenever possible.
    5) 1800-2000, more when exercising a lot.
    6) Weight loss is an inequality: burn > intake. Go and think pound by pound. Everything in moderation (works best for me).
  • cjl2535
    Options
    You gals are all awesome :D I forgot to ask...how much are you guys losing per week?
  • DecemberPsalm
    DecemberPsalm Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have been curious about the same thing!!! I see so many "1200 calorie" posts and just cannot relate! ;)

1) 29 next month
    2) 5'6
    3) 251
    4) Just started a "beginner" workout routine of 30 minute workouts about 3-4 X per week (kick boxing videos such as tae-bo)
    5) 1800 calories per day
    6) Don't get discouraged by all the "1200 calorie" posts, haha!

And I've only lost 7 lbs so far 2 months in which is frustrating!! But the first few weeks were just a transition from bingeing and gorging on junk food to cleaner eating....and the last 3 weeks have been actual calorie counting. Hope that helps :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!