Women losing weight on 1800+ calories

Options

Replies

• litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Age 32; height 5'4; weight 116lb; activity: I cycle around 20 mins per day (and more if I want to get somewhere), walk around a bit at work, and run about 50 miles a week. I eat on average 2300 cals per day and have been losing about 3lb a month (I didn't have much to lose).
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I did
    1,800 per month, and I lost
    30 lbs. It took
    6 months. That was in 2011 - and I have kept it off (allowing for oscillating 5 lbs up and down). I am
    50 right now (so 47 when I lost the 30 lbs). My primary exercise during the time was a
    treadmill, running and the ARC. An
    40 minutes to an hour and a half each time.
    I exercised
    3-5 times weekly.
    Teacher/professor - so desk while preparing class and researching (most of my time), and standing up while teaching.

I have kept it off for 3+ years so far, and i still run 3-5 times a week for 40-90 minutes.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 145, 22% BF
    Calories: Currently at 2050-2100
    Lifestyle: Run a chain of Auto repair shops including managing one location full time, so I run around the shop all day long, do some lifting of tires and parts. Lift weights 4x a week, do yoga 1x per week. Currently doing zero cardio, other than the occasional hike.
    Tips: Learn to love lifting weights, and lift heavy. I've changed my body more with weight lifting than I ever could have doing cardio. It took losing the ability to do high impact cardio (severe ankle injury, too much nerve damage) to realize that weights will change your body. Also, get a food scale.

*Disclaimer: I'm currently searching for my maintenance calories so I can focus on building muscle. I'm not trying to lose. However, I've lost 1.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks, so I'm still looking for that maintenance level (which is higher than I thought).
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I am new to MFP and am looking for inspiration :)

I just wanted some experience from other women who are currently losing on high calorie intake!

If you could be so kind as to list your
    1) Age
    2) Height
    3) Weight
    4) Lifestyle (how much exercise, etc.)
    5) Calories / day
    6) any tips you can provide me :D

+ how many lbs/week you're losing

Everyone here is so supportive and encouraging! Just looking for more inspiration :) Thank you

1) 24
    2) 5'3
    3) 208lbs
    4) about 30-45 mins exercise 3-4 times a week
    5)2100 (but I am breastfeeding twice a day)
    6) Dont cut out things you like, pre log them into your day and work the rest around them lol. Give yourself the odd 'day off', life happens, dont eat a salad instead of steak at a special occasion if you really want it. Forgive yourself if you slip up. Just move on and keep on truckin. Eat LOTS of protein! :)
  • psylvester1
    Options
    bump
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    1) Age - 51
    2) Height - 5'8"
    3) Weight - 189 (original starting weight 360+)
    4) Lifestyle - I am on a career break so not working but I walk at least 10,000 steps per day. Work out with kettle bell 3 times a week and Power walk 3 days a week for approx. 1 hour. I really miss the gym but I have become really creative at finding ways to workouts.
    5) Calories / day -reverse dieting back up - I suspect I will settle around 2,000 cals a day.
    6) any tips you can provide me :D-
    - Take it a day at a time. If you screw up forget it and move on - don't try to cut back the next day. I just found this created crazy levels of guilt and hunger.
    - Get a set of scales and understand what you are eating, how much it weighs. Plus get used to reading food labels. Some stuff that I was eating for years - I had the weight/cals so wrong.
    - Ask for what you want when you are out - in a restaurant if you don't want sauce on your food then tell them up front.
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1) 24 years old
    2) 5'7
    3) Currently 148lbs but started at 215lbs
    4) Active job, I clean all day and night and chase after a toddler and baby. I spend an hour in the gym rotate between cycling, walking on the treadmill, elliptical, lifting by the 5x5 program, and some basic body exercises. I don't sweat much or get my heart rate over 130 most days...
    5) I eat between 1600-1800, usually right in the middle. I also DON'T count on the weekends, at all. Both are cheat days.
    6) iifym.com is where I started, it's what works for me!

+ I am still losing about a pound a week now even though I am slowly adding more calories (in the form of carbs) every week because I am pregnant :)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    1) Age : 26
    2) Height : 5'3.5"
    3) Weight : 119 lbs
    4) Lifestyle (how much exercise, etc.) : on my feet quite a bit with kids and housework, work 3 days a week for about 3 hours each night cleaning buildings, I have been weightlifting for a year now 3x a week about an hour each, light walking to the park a few days a week, too
    5) Calories / day : 1900
    6) any tips you can provide me : Log 100%, weigh solid foods, measure liquids, have patience and be consistent ;)

+ how many lbs/week you're losing : I was losing about 1 lb at this intake. I stopped weight loss currently, as my goal BF% was reached and decided to do my first bulk to increase muscle mass and overall strength in lifting.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    1) 28
    2) 5'3"
    3) ~150 pounds
    4) Strength train 3x per week, run or hike 1x per week
    5) ~1750 per day (but I am experimenting with calorie cycling so I eat more on lifting days and less on rest days)
    6) At 1750 calories I lose 1 pound per week, and at 1950 I lose 0.5 pounds per week.
    7) Start strength training if you haven't already. Determine your macros, and make sure to eat lots of protein, fat and fiber for satiety.

Try this link if you need help setting calorie or macro goals:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    1) Age... 42
    2) Height 5' 11
    3) Weight 194... 41 pounds down
    4) Lifestyle (how much exercise, etc.) lift heavy for me 3x a week, and I try to get to 10,000 steps on my fitbit a day.
    5) Calories / day usually wind up in the 1800 range, sometimes a little more.
    6) any tips you can provide me :D ...log your food and use a food scale for everything, enjoy a few treats in moderation, and be happy.

96ca0a41b40ac0b99abe4aafbc77f35ad44e.jpg
    96cafcdd975eb797302b8c81711409af4b7a.jpg
  • gemheath2010
    gemheath2010 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello -

1) Age

2) Height

5'2
    3) Weight

Last checked I was 10.9

4) Lifestyle (how much exercise, etc.)

I alternate between lifting heavy weights, and running - workout six times a week, with one rest day.

5) Calories / day

Tdee - 15% for six weeks, which is about 2063 ! then diet break at tdee

6) any tips you can provide me :D

Gotta be lift heavy, I really noticed the changes in my body when I started lifting weights, and am continuing to make major changes, more so that back to back cardio. Also try not to put to much focus on the scales, I'm at the start of a month long scale ban to make sure that I focus on how I look

I want to loose for life and not starve whilst doing it so I've got a deficit which should allow for about half a pound per week.
  • sunnydeez77
    sunnydeez77 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is a great post!! Thank you!

1) 37
    2) 5'10
    3) 286
    4) 4 days a week I do a bootcamp/crossfit class 1 day a week I switch my exercise with either walking, swimming, etc... at the bootcamp/crossfit class our workouts are always changing, so my body or mind doesn't get bored :)
    5) I had been eating around 1890 calories a day, I just upped them to about 2100. Especially for the times I have so much activity.
    6) In 4 months I have lost 44 pounds. It is coming off slowly, and that is ok... the journey takes time and will teach you so many things. Good luck :)
  • shortstuff31117
    shortstuff31117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1) 34
    2) 5'5"
    3) SW - 184
    CW - 169 (maybe a bit lower, it's been a few weeks since I weighed myself)
    4) I lift weights 3 times a week, and I walk a minimum of 10,000 steps a day. We also have a large, very uneven lawn that I push mow, and this takes probably around 4 hours a week (won't apply in the winter, sad)

5) I think my calories are set to 1750 on MFP, but I don't really follow that (need to change that). I follow a TDEE - 20% method that generally has me eating 1900-2000 calories a day. I have a Fitbit that adjust this for me, and it's been very accurate.

I've lost about a pound a week which was what I was hoping for. Getting the Fitbit helped. When I first got it, I averaged about 7500 steps a day, now I average around12,000-13,000.

Just another example that you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. I do have some days where I'm under my calorie goal, but I usually make up for it in the next couple days :-)
  • cjl2535
    cjl2535 Posts: 89
    Options
    1) Age... 42
    2) Height 5' 11
    3) Weight 194... 41 pounds down
    4) Lifestyle (how much exercise, etc.) lift heavy for me 3x a week, and I try to get to 10,000 steps on my fitbit a day.
    5) Calories / day usually wind up in the 1800 range, sometimes a little more.
    6) any tips you can provide me :D ...log your food and use a food scale for everything, enjoy a few treats in moderation, and be happy.

96ca0a41b40ac0b99abe4aafbc77f35ad44e.jpg
    96cafcdd975eb797302b8c81711409af4b7a.jpg

Thank you so much for your pictures! Your progress looks AMAZING :D what kind of fitbit do you own??
  • cjl2535
    Options
    1) 34
    2) 5'5"
    3) SW - 184
    CW - 169 (maybe a bit lower, it's been a few weeks since I weighed myself)
    4) I lift weights 3 times a week, and I walk a minimum of 10,000 steps a day. We also have a large, very uneven lawn that I push mow, and this takes probably around 4 hours a week (won't apply in the winter, sad)

5) I think my calories are set to 1750 on MFP, but I don't really follow that (need to change that). I follow a TDEE - 20% method that generally has me eating 1900-2000 calories a day. I have a Fitbit that adjust this for me, and it's been very accurate.

I've lost about a pound a week which was what I was hoping for. Getting the Fitbit helped. When I first got it, I averaged about 7500 steps a day, now I average around12,000-13,000.

Just another example that you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. I do have some days where I'm under my calorie goal, but I usually make up for it in the next couple days :-)

I eat around similar as you :D + I lift as well :) keep doing what you're doing and good luck on the rest of your journey! Thank you for sharing !!!
  • Blink182always95
    Options
    Hey :)
    I'm 18
    5 Foot 9
    I weight 220lb
    I workout 6 days a week for around 70 minutes each day. I do a mixture of weight lifting and cardio (I have a stationary bike and a stepping machine).
    I'm eating around 1900 calories a day.
    Today is my 30th day of this sort of routine and I haven't actually lost any weight (on the scales) but my body looks different. I feel a lot better and much stronger. My main tip for you would be to never cut out anything you don't plan to cut out forever and eat what you like, just cut down. Also, don't do anything like not eat for a whole day or go as low as only taking in around 1200 calories. The weight loss will happen but it will take time. Also good luck and don't give up!
  • AmbWalk64
    AmbWalk64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you could be so kind as to list your
    1) Age--49 (at least for the new few weeks)

2) Height--5'3"

3) Weight--208

4) Lifestyle (how much exercise, etc.)--Physical job with lots of walking, bending, squatting for 6-7 hours a day

5) Calories / day--2547

6) any tips you can provide me

Calories are calories, but it matters in what those calories give you. Those with fiber or protein will keep you full. Those with nutrients will keep your energy level up.

I am currently losing 1.5lbs per week and could probably lose more if I reduced my carb intake more, but I do love my pasta!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

1) Age: 45
    2) Height: 5' 10"
    3) Weight: 166
    4) Lifestyle (how much exercise, etc.): run 3x weekly, strength 2x weekly, other cardio 1x weekly
    5) Calories / day: around 2100, give or take
    6) Tips? Prelog your day and stick to your plan. Allow treats within your calories. Try to hit your protein macro. Don't beat yourself up when you have an off day, just get up and keep going from where you are.

I'm losing an average of .5 lbs per week, but that's because I'm very close to goal so I'm not bothered.
  • cjl2535
    Options
    Let's keep this post going for more motivation and healthy lifestyle! :)

Thank you all for sharing your journey so far :D it's great and extremely motivating to see you gals losing weight healthily !!

Good luck to you all as well <3
  • mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1) 35
    2) 5'3"
    3) 152
    4) I am light-moderatly active
    5) 1710 (130g Protein, 140g Carbs, 70g Fats)
    6) I JUST started following the IIFYM philosophy and I love it. Be sure to log EVERYTHING, even if you go over or eat something bad. WEIGH everything (measurements in cups and tbs is not accurate in comparison to grams/oz). Watch licking the spoon and eating "just a bite" of your child's food. Walk everywhere. Go to the farthest bathroom in the house. Fold laundry standing up and bend down to get each piece of clothing. LIFT WEIGHTS! Don't deprive yourself of a treat. As long as you are hitting your calories and, if you follow macros, then you can have it. But, don't go crazy. lol. Take measurements and then do it again in a month. Don't rely on the scale to tell you if you've made progress. Do those measurements. Take pictures! Don't forget to LIFT WEIGHTS! Don't deprive yourself of calories. A 1200 calorie diet is not enough for someone to lose weight in a healthy way! I'm losing at 1710 calories!!! I was doing 1350 before and I was at a stall!

I've lost 10 pounds in 30 days (May 26-June 25). About 1.5-2 lbs a week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!