Quality of food or quantity, which is more important to you?

Options

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

You do realize that nothing you posted proves your point?

Have you even read any of these?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

You do realize that nothing you posted proves your point?

Have you even read any of these?

Just the headlines I think. My 14 year old has a better understanding of reading comprehension.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm just in for the c&p TL:DR party
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Quality! Definitely! Always have been. I just ate too much of it before!

YES!
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?
  • Hornsby
    Options

Yet you have said nothing....I'm guessing you don't even read the links that you post.

Luckily, you are so far from credible at this point that even the noobs reading these posts for the first time won't listen to you. So really, keep going. That is if they don't notice the tickers of the people speaking sensible, versus the ones who aren't.
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well, I go for quantity generally, but the quantity is all veggies, like stir fries with carrots, celery, mushrooms, peppers, onion, and maybe a small amount of cooked Shrimp and Egg Whites. This ends up being very high volume, but not high in calories.

But there are times when I want a fresh bagel from Brueggers 310 calories, And I don't deny this to myself if I really want it.
    I just balance it out for the rest of the day.

This week I went out to dinner with a friend, and I had a dirty Martini. I logged it in and had it. No regrets.
    It's the only way I think I can do this program for the rest of my life and succeed.

The key is to be REAL with yourself when you want to eat a certain food, and to plan for it and log it.

And also, I think you need to recognize those foods that are just Trouble for you right now. And to not even have them in your house. This doesn't mean that will be the case forever , but for right now. that's the case for me in regards to certain foods.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Quality of food very important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 killer cancer which is fed by a high sugar diet
    #2 heart disease which is due to high sugar diet

Cancer is not fed by sugar. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cancer/in-depth/cancer-causes/art-20044714

Heart disease is not caused by a high sugar diet, but too much sugar can increase mortality in people who suffer from heart disease (there is a difference). http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/eating-too-much-added-sugar-increases-the-risk-of-dying-with-heart-disease-201402067021

Please engage in intellectual honesty if you're going to make such claims.

I'm being honest, do your homework. Mayo clinic is not an authority on health.

What a coincidence then... neither are you.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

LOLwhat?
    :huh:

Okay, I guess I'm in now...

...while enjoying some cheap pizza for dinner.

It is no laughing matter, high level of blood sugar is associated with many diseases

Make up your mind. Is it associated with or does it cause it? Please pick one.
  • Hornsby
    Options

LOLwhat?
    :huh:

Okay, I guess I'm in now...

...while enjoying some cheap pizza for dinner.

It is no laughing matter, high level of blood sugar is associated with many diseases

Make up your mind. Is it associated with or does it cause it? Please pick one.

Based on the links she is posting, I don't think she knows the difference.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    that is a tough one, I have had this argument more than once...I say good food in is better for you, they say a calorie is a calorie...so as long as you take supplements you can eat chocolate all day as long as you stay in the calorie goal...I don't think so but that is what they say.

I'd ask to see the research on the health outcomes of taking supplements - I don't think they're shown to be that effective.

But, if you are eating a balanced diet, whatever you eat after meeting your needs is whatever you want. You don't get bonus points for extra.

It depends on the dietary supplement. The efficacy has been shown for many dietary supplements. I do take a lot of dietary supplements myself, currently 11 with dosages for some twice daily. None are for weigh loss. I have done the research and am well aware of the benefits as well as potential side effects. The problem is many folk do not do the research! As far as dietary supplements aimed at weight loss (eg. Garcia cambodia, green coffee bean extract), some have been shown to be effective in small study groups under specific conditions BUT that does not mean those results should be extrapolated to the general public. It is very important to realize that all supplements can have negative side effects, some with the potential to cause permanent damage or death. However, the same can be said about aspirin and acetaminophen.
  • Dregg
    Dregg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Quantity is most important to me so that I am able to eat enough to not feel hungry during the day. Quality is in the eye of the beholder, Blue Bell ice cream is quality ice cream. :)

I will say that a lot of the "quality" foods tend to be lower in calories and therefore allow more of them to be eaten. So my reality is to eat both quality and quantity, while not depriving myself of some of the "not quality" foods. Who doesn't love a cheesecake every now and then!?!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    that is a tough one, I have had this argument more than once...I say good food in is better for you, they say a calorie is a calorie...so as long as you take supplements you can eat chocolate all day as long as you stay in the calorie goal...I don't think so but that is what they say.
    Dark chocolate is good for you in moderation.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is good for you in moderation.

Experience has shown that a daily supply of dark chocolate is a requirement for me to meet my iron needs
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    With regard to weight loss, it is about the number of calories coming in vs the number of calories burned... This could be a large amount of food or less calorie dense food. Weighing food is not necessary unless you find yourself meeting your calorie goals and still gaining weight... At that point, you would need to determine if it is a portion size issue... For me, it is not been necessary.

With regard to nutrition, of course food quality is pretty important... If your body is taking in a lot of "empty calories" then it is not getting what it needs to function properly. Of course, a natural outcome of this is that you may feel hunger because your body is not receiving what it needs to function. This can lead to overeating
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Quality. Portion control.
    Feeling great.
    The most important to me.
    Used to be so much more quanitity. . No longer.
    I stop eating when pleasantly full.