Quality of food or quantity, which is more important to you?

Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    that is a tough one, I have had this argument more than once...I say good food in is better for you, they say a calorie is a calorie...so as long as you take supplements you can eat chocolate all day as long as you stay in the calorie goal...I don't think so but that is what they say.

I'm not sure I have ever heard anyone say that on this board....
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Both. I like lean meat where possible that is ethically reared with plenty of veg (often home grown & organic) for my main meal but also like chocolate, sweets, beer etc as my treats. I have no intention of never eating chocolate or drinking or having the odd burger again so therefore have them but include them in my calories. I want weight loss and a sustainable lifestyle so I want food I like. Now may tastes have changed somewhat during this process (eg I now can't stomach greasy food) but I'm not ditching stuff I enjoy to fit some artifical demonization of foods as 'good' or 'bad'. (I do weigh most things and am likely to do so as its no hassle and stops portion size creeping up).
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    that is a tough one, I have had this argument more than once...I say good food in is better for you, they say a calorie is a calorie...so as long as you take supplements you can eat chocolate all day as long as you stay in the calorie goal...I don't think so but that is what they say.

Me neither. That's like saying an apple is an orange. Because a calorie IS just a calorie. Macros/nutrients are a different topic all together.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Me neither. That's like saying an apple is an orange. Because a calorie IS just a calorie. Macros/nutrients are a different topic all together.

I think I've seen it in a context like this: "You could eat nothing but twinkies and lose weight. You wouldn't be healthy and you'd be hungry all the time, but you'd lose weight."

I've never seen anyone imply that it's a good idea.
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Other sources that tell the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm an Health Care Professional.

And I am a Computer Programmer, but I am still full of **** if I don't site my sources.

Rude, and arrogance, will not get you any respect from me, my friend.

He's not being rude and arrogant. He's stating common sense. Making a statement and not backing it up only makes you look ignorant. Simple as that.

Rudeness, is one think that I do not like. State your opinion, without name calling or rudeness.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Other sources that tell the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm an Health Care Professional.

I was about to contact you for your services to design a plan for me so I went on your profile.

Your profile says "Hi, I put away my scale and gained a lot of weight." and your ticker says ju's about 10 lbs lost.

If you are a Health Care Professional how in the world you never fixed this for yourself?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

And I am a Computer Programmer, but I am still full of **** if I don't site my sources.

He's not being rude and arrogant. He's stating common sense. Making a statement and not backing it up only makes you look ignorant. Simple as that.

Rudeness, is one think that I do not like. State your opinion, without name calling or rudeness.

My opinion is that if you had any credible information to back up your beliefs you'd have posted it.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Wait a second...he didn't name call. The only one being rude and arrogant is you at this point, believing we should all just take your advice as gospel because you claim to be a healthcare professional. Nope. Sorry, if you are going to spout things as truths, you need to be able to back it up.
  • 59gi
    Options

The point being eat healthy 90% of the time and occasionally have that food your craving in moderation.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I work in healthcare too...as evidenced by my need to complete HIPAA training.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm obviously an expert so anything I say should be taken as truth regardless of my lack of cites to support and any other references to the contrary...

...because healthcare.
  • 59gi
    Options

I'm not asking you to listen to me, I just responded to the topic on the site. Take it or leave it, your choice.............................

Wait a second...he didn't name call. The only one being rude and arrogant is you at this point, believing we should all just take your advice as gospel because you claim to be a healthcare professional. Nope. Sorry, if you are going to spout things as truths, you need to be able to back it up.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

The point being eat healthy 90% of the time and occasionally have that food your craving in moderation.

like sugarz!!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Who is this "they" that says the following?
    as long as you take supplements you can eat chocolate all day as long as you stay in the calorie goal.

I have never read or heard anyone make that statement. I struggle to see how anyone could meet their protein and fat minimums and stay under a reasonable calorie goal following that approach.
  • 59gi
    Options

like sugarz!!!!

Whatever you desire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

Why are you so unwilling to post links to your sources?
  • 59gi
    Options

as long as you take supplements you can eat chocolate all day as long as you stay in the calorie goal.

I have never read or heard anyone make that statement. I struggle to see how anyone could meet their protein and fat minimums and stay under a reasonable calorie goal following that approach.

Now you see the folly?
  • J72FIT
    Options

I have never heard that argument...
  • J72FIT
    Options

Now you see the folly?

???
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options

Now you see the folly?
    seriously HAS to be a troll at this point. that or just completely ignorant
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

like sugarz!!!!

Whatever you desire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you believe your over use of the exclamation point gives better credibility to your claims? Because for me it reminds me of when my son was about 2 years old and yelling ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!!