Cougar or MILF?

Options

Replies

• morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My budy used to have a Mercury Cougar. Is that what we're talking about here?

Also, I don't drink as much MILK as I used to.
  • shadyj26
    shadyj26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This topic is cracking me up. At least it's a fun hump day.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    my mom is a milf apparently

ill never be one because kids are disgusting
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Neither. Both of those classifications gross me out. I consider them degrading. Women are just women, men are just men. My husband and I are egalitarians who believe in basic human dignity, and we do not like that type of language.
  • 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Cougar rawwar
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    AM I just more pragmatic? as a GUY... and an EMU... women fall into 2 categories... women I would and women I wouldn't... and since I am married the number I wouldn't is FAR bigger than the women I would category... sure the terms are objectifying.. and derogatory IF you choose them to be... so is being called white... or black...or red.. or whatever... a word or acronym is granted power by those that chose to be offended by them or it... the fact is it is human nature.. and as humans we are therefore unable to avoid attaching a stigma .. some will chose because they feel it gives them a moral superiority...others because it feeds their belief that men are little more than vulgar children and again.. place themselves above... BUT I work in an office of women... and I have to say... that a group of women can objectify a man just as easily and in far cruder terms than a man or group of men do... the Women just do it in a quieter fashion...

SO... here's a step ladder.. climb down off the horse people... WE are humans.. and as such... WILL engage in objectifying behavior... BE offended or not... BUT understand your own selfish reasons for your choice before you kick someone in the teeth for theirs.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I guess the way I look at it is, if I heard some 20 year-old kid calling my 40-something daughter a "MILF", I'd need bail money and an attorney.

But knowing my daughter, she would probably take care of business herself.

Moral?:

Never call a woman something you wouldn't call you own daughter.

JMHO.

Ah. Ok. I call my wife plenty of things I wouldn't call my daughters. It's a bit different. Does this really need to be explained?
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    I guess the way I look at it is, if I heard some 20 year-old kid calling my 40-something daughter a "MILF", I'd need bail money and an attorney.

Moral?:

JMHO.

Ah. Ok. I call my wife plenty of things I wouldn't call my daughters. It's a bit different. Does this really need to be explained?

^^ This.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    a few thoughts... maybe it's a verbal personal space thing.

In person, if someone comes up to me and presses in close - I get uncomfortable - they're invading my personal space.
    Each person's space is different, and it takes social grace to recognize what each person's space is.

My space is a lot smaller than other people's spaces (for example, I'm a hugger), but still - there is a space there that is reserved for only the most intimate of people.

In PUBLIC... general courtesy is to be conservative enough to not invade someone else's space, or if you do - by accident, to back off and give them the required space.

When someone uses the word MILF / DILF... it is a verbal invasion of space. You are telling them - in words - that they are a person you want to get naked with and bang.

Some people don't mind being told this. Some people do.

To tell a stranger that you want to have sex with them is a bold move, and definitely a verbally close statement. Which can freak some people out. ESPECIALLY if they have ever been violated sexually.

General courtesy, while you may think it, is to not speak it until you know the person well enough to understand if it would be a violation of their space.

A person's space is their space. And to ridicule EITHER side for the space they need - is rather silly.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

Moral?:

JMHO.

Yeah my husband calls me things in thee bedroom that would be just wrong for him to call our daughter, but bedroom dirty mouthing is so fun so it's not disrespectful.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    a few thoughts... maybe it's a verbal personal space thing.

In person, if someone comes up to me and presses in close - I get uncomfortable - they're invading my personal space.
    Each person's space is different, and it takes social grace to recognize what each person's space is.

My space is a lot smaller than other people's spaces (for example, I'm a hugger), but still - there is a space there that is reserved for only the most intimate of people.

In PUBLIC... general courtesy is to be conservative enough to not invade someone else's space, or if you do - by accident, to back off and give them the required space.

When someone uses the word MILF / DILF... it is a verbal invasion of space. You are telling them - in words - that they are a person you want to get naked with and bang.

Some people don't mind being told this. Some people do.

To tell a stranger that you want to have sex with them is a bold move, and definitely a verbally close statement. Which can freak some people out. ESPECIALLY if they have ever been violated sexually.

General courtesy, while you may think it, is to not speak it until you know the person well enough to understand if it would be a violation of their space.

A person's space is their space. And to ridicule EITHER side for the space they need - is rather silly.

Well put Mirey, very well put.
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I think both are disgusting and would prefer not to be reffered to as any one.

If you want to compliment me than open doors for me, pull out my chair, notice my eyes....... I dont like being hooted at or reffered to as sexualized nicknames due to my age and gender.

I just want my BF to think I am pretty, this here isnt for anyone else but him :)

Well....you must have uploaded the wrong profile picture then because your eyes sure arent in there.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

If you want to compliment me than open doors for me, pull out my chair, notice my eyes....... I dont like being hooted at or reffered to as sexualized nicknames due to my age and gender.

I just want my BF to think I am pretty, this here isnt for anyone else but him :)

Well....you must have uploaded the wrong profile picture then because your eyes sure arent in there.

guess she's fair game then, hey? she MUST want it, even if she just said she doesn't.
    never trust a woman's words, when your perception seems to indicate the opposite.
    I mean really... even if she says no, if you think she means yes, then she must mean yes.

and hey, if she gets called that, she deserved it... she chose to dress that way.

/sarcasm
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options

Doesn't like the word, uses it in her profile.

...^ He's got you there. Though, he actually went and read through your entire profile - that is pretty awesome.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I was told that there would be kitten gifs?
  • notamoment
    Options

guess she's fair game then, hey? she MUST want it, even if she just said she doesn't.
    never trust a woman's words, when your perception seems to indicate the opposite.
    I mean really... even if she says no, if you think she means yes, then she must mean yes.

and hey, if she gets called that, she deserved it... she chose to dress that way.

/sarcasm

Paha this escalated very quickly i am not saying she is asking to be called a milf or a cougar. However i am saying if you want a compliment on your smile or your eyes having the ability to see them would be nice.

Im not talking about rape here mirey calm your fiery *kitten* down, im talking about perception if you do NOT want people to comment on your body in a sexual manor why post a tiny bikini picture of you laying down then say "oh dont comment on that!" why not post a picture of your face with your body is that so difficult to understand?
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Read the whole thing... Can think of not one thing to add. Sigh...
  • MireyGal76
    Options

/sarcasm

Paha this escalated very quickly i am not saying she is asking to be called a milf or a cougar. However i am saying if you want a compliment on your smile or your eyes having the ability to see them would be nice.

Im not talking about rape here mirey calm your fiery *kitten* down, im talking about perception if you do NOT want people to comment on your body in a sexual manor why post a tony bikini picture of you laying down then say "oh dont comment on that!" why not post a picture of your face with your body is that so difficult to understand?

I took it there - not because I'm anal and am actually calling rape... but because the language can be read that way (and the devil's advocate in me told me to do it).

This is a fitness site. I am completely honest when I say one of the first pics I ever posted of me in a bikini was exactly that pose.
    Not because I wanted comments on my bangability, but rather... the gravity sucked my stomach in, my thighs looked pretty good, and I actually felt like I was making progress. (ETA: it is actually a way more flattering shot than standing in front of a mirror - especially if you hate your boobs - like I do mine)

THATs why I posted that pic of me.

Some days I post face shots, some days I post ab shots, some days, couple shots... the pic I post does not reflect the comments I want to receive, but rather are a more accurate depiction of how I am feeling, or where my focus is that day. And likely, it has been commented on my wall as to why I have that pic up.

I am in no way upset, angry, emotional, butthurt, or anything about this topic - I find it is actually causing some very interesting dialog on my wall.

And I apologize for going devil's advocate on your post.
  • notamoment
    Options

/sarcasm

Im not talking about rape here mirey calm your fiery *kitten* down, im talking about perception if you do NOT want people to comment on your body in a sexual manor why post a tony bikini picture of you laying down then say "oh dont comment on that!" why not post a picture of your face with your body is that so difficult to understand?

I took it there - not because I'm anal and am actually calling rape... but because the language can be read that way (and the devil's advocate in me told me to do it).

This is a fitness site. I am completely honest when I say one of the first pics I ever posted of me in a bikini was exactly that pose.
    Not because I wanted comments on my bangability, but rather... the gravity sucked my stomach in, my thighs looked pretty good, and I actually felt like I was making progress.

THATs why I posted it.

Some days I post face shots, some days I post ab shots, some days, couple shots... the pic I post does not reflect the comments I want to receive, but rather are a more accurate depiction of how I am feeling, or where my focus is that day. And if you were my friend, I would explain that on my wall.

I am in no way upset, angry, emotional, butthurt, or anything about this topic - I find it is actually causing some very interesting dialog on my wall.

I completely understand where your coming from on that, perhaps i judged a tad too quickly with her, i myself post pictures of the same angles or rather i used too when i first joined way back in the day but it was because i felt good and like you said the gravity pulled my stomach in.

Playing devils advocate is fine, i just felt a little attacked is all i also felt like it was being compared to rape which i am not at all ok with. I do not believe any woman no matter how she is dressed is asking for anything and is simply expressing herself im very outspoken so if anyone came to me and called me a name i did not like i would simply state just that "hey that was rude wtf?"

So because i am so direct a bikini picture, coupled with the word on the profile, also in team with her stating "its disgusting" kinda made me feel like she was being a hypocrite my bad it was a personal not well thought out comment.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

/sarcasm

Not because I wanted comments on my bangability, but rather... the gravity sucked my stomach in, my thighs looked pretty good, and I actually felt like I was making progress.

THATs why I posted it.

Some days I post face shots, some days I post ab shots, some days, couple shots... the pic I post does not reflect the comments I want to receive, but rather are a more accurate depiction of how I am feeling, or where my focus is that day. And if you were my friend, I would explain that on my wall.

I completely understand where your coming from on that, perhaps i judged a tad too quickly with her, i myself post pictures of the same angles or rather i used too when i first joined way back in the day but it was because i felt good and like you said the gravity pulled my stomach in.

Playing devils advocate is fine, i just felt a little attacked is all i also felt like it was being compared to rape which i am not at all ok with. I do not believe any women no matter how she is dressed is asking for anything and is simply expressing herself im very outspoken so if anyone came to me and called me a name i did not like i would simply state just that "hey that was rude wtf?"

So because i am so direct a bikini picture, coupled with the word on the profile, also in team with her stating "its disgusting" kinda made me feel like she was being a hypocrite my bad it was a personal not well thought out comment.

and again - I sincerely apologize for the attack. I really do.

I admire your outspokenness... I am more likely to take the word internally, process hurt over it, think about it a lot, nurse my wounds, and not say a thing unless it happens often enough to make silence more uncomfortable than speaking up.