What's with the pose, ladies?

Options
_lyndseybrooke_
_lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
It seems like some women simply cannot pose for a picture without one or both hands on their hips or waist. What's up with that? It looks incredibly awkward and forced to me.

Replies

• DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I always use my hands to cover my boobz.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    It seems like some women simply cannot pose for a picture without one or both hands on their hips or waist. What's up with that? It looks incredibly awkward and forced to me.

As opposed to using both hands to hold the phone and staring at it with the intensity of a white hot sun???

^^^ I always use my hands to cover her boobz.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer duck face? Or whatever it is you're doing in your selfie?
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I mean, I guess I can just stick to sorority squatting if it's really that big of a deal to you...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's called skinny arm and it's because my arm looks like a fat sausage otherwise.

Sorry if the way I stand for a photo is offensive to you. Well, no, actually, I'm not sorry. :flowerforyou:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    It seems like some can't take a reverse/mirror selfie either. The way they concentrate on the phone like "am I doing this right" is so off putting.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned with good posture in my pics.

But the hand on hip pose with the shoulder and elbow pointing back makes the person look trimmer. That's why celebrities and models do it.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Was it incredibly awkward and forced when you put your hand on your hip in that one pic?
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I don't put my hands on my hips for pics.. But I do when I do the Tootsie Roll!!

I put my hands upon my hips.. when I dip, you dip, we dip....

Cant find a Tootsie Roll gif!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Is it wrong to now want Tootsie Rolls at 10 am?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Was it incredibly awkward and forced when you put your hand on your hip in that one pic?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Nice Catch :)
  • feherd
    feherd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    still better than all those weird laying-down bikini pictures people have lately.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned with good posture in my pics.

But the hand on hip pose with the shoulder and elbow pointing back makes the person look trimmer. That's why celebrities and models do it.

Me too. Gotta remind myself to stand up straight with shoulders back sometimes!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

makes sense.....you can only go so far with body shaming, now we have to go on about body pose shaming too....\m/
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    This is just the angle I like to look up to my men. No hands on the hips here.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    makes sense.....you can only go so far with body shaming, now we have to go on about body pose shaming too....\m/

mfpforumolution?
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Nice Catch :)
    :wink:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    still better than all those weird laying-down bikini pictures people have lately.

:laugh:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

:angry: :grumble:
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

:cry: guess I'll just leave then