What's with the pose, ladies?

Options

Replies

• CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Not sure about others...but on me, it just looks stupid hanging there. I admit, I do a lot of the stereotypical selfie poses, but I never do the duckface. I'm too old for that bs.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    <-- Yolo?

You rebel you.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It's just a natural stance for me...
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    From a photography standpoint, from an actual photographer:

::shamelessplug:: www.subjectonephotography.com ::endshamelessplug::

It creates negative space between the torso and the body accentuating the curves of the torso. Also, the hand on the hip pose subliminally forces the shoulder down and back, as well as a slight arch to the back which in turn forces the chest out, butt out, and chin up.

If done right, it should elongate the body, creating the illusion of curves and a slimmer profile.

Thank you for actually answering my question. That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for when I posted this.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I dislocated my left elbow about 12 years ago and only have a 30 degree range of motion. I am very self conscious about it. Placing my hand on my hip makes me feel like it's less noticeable.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

It creates negative space between the torso and the body accentuating the curves of the torso. Also, the hand on the hip pose subliminally forces the shoulder down and back, as well as a slight arch to the back which in turn forces the chest out, butt out, and chin up.

If done right, it should elongate the body, creating the illusion of curves and a slimmer profile.

Thank you for actually answering my question. That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for when I posted this.

LOL

Ever heard of Google?
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    It seems like some women simply cannot pose for a picture without one or both hands on their hips or waist. What's up with that? It looks incredibly awkward and forced to me.
    um

look at your ticker.

29101053.png

why do care if a woman likes one hand on her hip anyway?

:laugh:
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

LOL

Ever heard of Google?

Yeah, and basically all I got was Facebook pages and articles called, "Stop with the chicken wing pose," or something similar.

Wow, this has gotten a tad annoying. How dare I ask a simple question, hoping for a simple answer? On MFP? No way, dude. I now know better. Live and learn.

I'm out.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    <<---- guess I am not welcome here... kicks over chair and rage quits!!!!!!!!!:devil:

edited cuz spelling is hard!!!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Is this where we're all supposed do the "boohoo don't go" thing?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    It seems like some women simply cannot pose for a picture without one or both hands on their hips or waist. What's up with that? It looks incredibly awkward and forced to me.

It seems like some people cannot pose for a picture without having one of those stupid iPhones in their hands. Really, what is up with that? Are you trying to tell people that you own superior mobile communication/computing devices to satisfy your own fragile ego? Talk about looking awkward and forced!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I believe you received a lot of facetious responses, because your question delivery didn't seem to be a genuine inquiry.

I took it as you expecting others to jump on board in the mock and shame parade. Since it didn't go that way you flip-flopped and made it seem as though you were asking a question that is relevant to a weight loss forum and one in which you were sincerely contemplating....
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I believe you received a lot of facetious responses, because your question delivery didn't seem to be a genuine inquiry.

I took it as you expecting others to jump on board in the mock and shame parade. Since it didn't go that way you flip-flopped and made it seem as though you were asking a question that is relevant to a weight loss forum and one in which you were sincerely contemplating....
    Winner winner, chicken dinner!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *awaiting the "you're all mean" thread*
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I dont give a **** really
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I don't know either, if you pose with your arms tight to your sides, if pushes your boobs up.

No idea why pesky women do that either.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

It's better than duck face...

ETA: It's actually to make your arms look *smaller* - or something like that. I don't understand why younger women nowadays tend to pose with one arm on their hip and tilted to the side... but I digress.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have wide shoulders, a narrow waist and wide hips. I like to show off my waist. When I take pictures with my hands down I look like one big rectangle.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I never know where my hands should be and
    I'm awkward at best when the camera snaps me!!