What's with the pose, ladies?

Options

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    It seems like some women simply cannot pose for a picture without one or both hands on their hips or waist. What's up with that? It looks incredibly awkward and forced to me.

I think a hand on the hip is classier than posing in undies.

Let's not be too hasty here.....
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    after viewing a few of your pictures OP.. it appears that you too have one with a hand on your hip.. maybe you should have though about that before starting the thread lol
  • Charisma_Black
    Charisma_Black Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Is there just no end to the negativity with people? Who actually cares what way people pose?

If people are happy posing for a photo they can do so their body and their choice what they do. If a pose offends you or annoys you, you must be easily annoyed or offended.

It's bad enough people are judgemental with regards to weight, clothes etc but now posing???

So much *****iness on here it is unreal! Whatever happened to helping and supporting one another?

There are people out there worse off in life. Chill and add a little peace in your day.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    We eschew any pose that looks like a pose,
    So next time I'll pose with my thumb up my nose.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Speaking as someone who has photographed models many times; a hand on your hip flatters the curve of a woman's body, which is also why many women jut their hip a little bit in accompaniment to the hand-on-hip (a loose-hanging arm lies against the side of the body and partially conceals the curve of the waist.) Holding your arm out makes it appear slimmer than if it's pressed against the side of your body, which can bulk out the upper arm. The curve of a bent arm is also more aesthetically interesting to the viewer than a straight hanging one, so someone may subconsciously like a photo better that features the hand-on-hip rather than a straight arm, without necessarily realising why; plus, most women agree that their arms loosely hanging feels awkward, and putting one or both hands on their hips bascially gives them something to do with their hands (this also works photographically speaking, if you look at advertisements featuring models, you'll often see the bent arm, or their hand on their face, or holding a prop.)
  • LSinVA
    LSinVA Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    2. I'm not being judgmental. I'm simply asking why people do this. I was looking for an actual answer.

You absolutely were... otherwise why the passive aggressive thread? I have another word for it but I'll keep it to myself. Women seriously need to stop being their own worst enemy.

You're back-peddling because most people called you out on it.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    2. I'm not being judgmental. I'm simply asking why people do this. I was looking for an actual answer.

You absolutely were otherwise why the passive aggressive thread? I have another word for it but I'll keep it to myself. Women seriously need to stop being their own worst enemy.

lmfaooo
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Man, I just looked through all my pics on my profile, and I'm in serious trouble! Every pic, I have at least one hand on my hip! :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ah ... poetry!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

So hawt. :love: :tongue:
  • JaymeBalesFitness
    JaymeBalesFitness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You know your ticker is a picture of a woman with her hand on her hip right??

To me that pose portrays attitude. I've always done it since I was a lil girl. I love my hips and I like touching them!! :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Man, I just looked through all my pics on my profile, and I'm in serious trouble! Every pic, I have at least one hand on my hip! :laugh:

Apparently, my profile pic is a problem. Next time i'll just let my arms hang to my side awkwardly :laugh:
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    So the proper way is to use our phone to cover the face and our arms to cover the boobz. Got it!
  • rachiealex
    rachiealex Posts: 11
    Options
    I do it because my arms look better like that...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It seems like some women simply cannot pose for a picture without one or both hands on their hips or waist. What's up with that? It looks incredibly awkward and forced to me.

tumblr_m8w7yjbrvq1qa9jwno1_500.gif
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    still better than all those weird laying-down bikini pictures people have lately.

Blessed are those who take weird laying-down bikini pictures!
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options

You absolutely were otherwise why the passive aggressive thread? I have another word for it but I'll keep it to myself. Women seriously need to stop being their own worst enemy.

lmfaooo

BOOM. Exactly! She thought because she goes unnoticed making negative comments, nagging on other people and simply commenting how she doesn't seem to like a damn thing in the world that she would be able to make a thread in the same manner. Now she can't handle that people don't like her attitude.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    This is a rather pointless thread. OP, you have been here since 2012, so I am sure you were fully aware of the s**tstorm that this thread would start. If you are going to call out the profile pictures of tons of people on the site, at least own it. Don't be passive aggressive about it. :yawn:
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options

tumblr_m8w7yjbrvq1qa9jwno1_500.gif
    hahahahahah
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    its a bikini pose and actually very natural for me, as I've competed a couple of times....