What's with the pose, ladies?

Options

Replies

• kelCshea
    kelCshea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You should just stick to wondering why no one hits on you, a married woman, at the bar.

High20Five_xlarge.jpeg

Boom, Roasted.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

makes sense.....you can only go so far with body shaming, now we have to go on about body pose shaming too....\m/

F* it and lets just shame it all! Lol
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    still better than all those weird laying-down bikini pictures people have lately.

:cry: guess I'll just leave then

No wait, come back...:love:
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I believe you received a lot of facetious responses, because your question delivery didn't seem to be a genuine inquiry.

I took it as you expecting others to jump on board in the mock and shame parade. Since it didn't go that way you flip-flopped and made it seem as though you were asking a question that is relevant to a weight loss forum and one in which you were sincerely contemplating....

Um, logic in the forums? Really? Please don't do that again.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    From a photography standpoint, from an actual photographer:

::shamelessplug:: www.subjectonephotography.com ::endshamelessplug::

It creates negative space between the torso and the body accentuating the curves of the torso. Also, the hand on the hip pose subliminally forces the shoulder down and back, as well as a slight arch to the back which in turn forces the chest out, butt out, and chin up.

If done right, it should elongate the body, creating the illusion of curves and a slimmer profile.

Thank you for actually answering my question. That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for when I posted this.
    Ummm ...

I actually answered your question. You're welcome.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    <<~~~ Here you go, OP. I changed my profile pic just for you. *awaiting all the criticism and shaming about my awkward pose*
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I believe you received a lot of facetious responses, because your question delivery didn't seem to be a genuine inquiry.

I took it as you expecting others to jump on board in the mock and shame parade. Since it didn't go that way you flip-flopped and made it seem as though you were asking a question that is relevant to a weight loss forum and one in which you were sincerely contemplating....

Um, logic in the forums? Really? Please don't do that again.

tumblr_meap34K2If1qcla7c.gif
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    I think a hand on the hips is flattering to the cleavage giving them lift! Where as squeezing them together with your elbows really isn't a good look :wink:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I don't know either, if you pose with your arms tight to your sides, if pushes your boobs up.

No idea why pesky women do that either.

Maybe they're going for this look?

0215-irina-shayk-swimsuit-00-400x470.jpg
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I don't know either, if you pose with your arms tight to your sides, if pushes your boobs up.

No idea why pesky women do that either.

Maybe they're going for this look?

0215-irina-shayk-swimsuit-00-400x470.jpg

The pose we all should rock, ladies!! :happy:
  • MindyM80
    MindyM80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It seems like some women simply cannot pose for a picture without one or both hands on their hips or waist. What's up with that? It looks incredibly awkward and forced to me.

As opposed to using both hands to hold the phone and staring at it with the intensity of a white hot sun???

LOL!!! my thoughts exactly! :)
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I dont know, because i always have no idea where to place my hands when taking a front picture...i guess i could just go back to squeezing my glutes, or my boobs with them i thought that would be much stranger then my hand on my hip but hell i am not complaining ;).
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    <<~~~ Here you go, OP. I changed my profile pic just for you. *awaiting all the criticism and shaming about my awkward pose*

Gawd! You're such a bad person. LEARN2POSE!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    It's because an angled body, bent arms, and hands on hips create more flattering shapes and angles.

See here: http://jeffweeksphotography.com/2014/02/say-cheese-part-two-what-do-i-do-with-this-body-of-mine-vermont-portrait-photographer/
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Ok OP, since you're curious, I'll answer - I put my hand on my hip because this is the first time in a long time that I don't completely dread having my picture taken. Where I don't stand there forcing a smile and hoping that I'm not standing in a way that looks like I have a double chin or a fat arm. I put my hand on my hip because I can actually feel my damn hip bones and that makes me smile, really smile, because I'm proud of my accomplishment.

Sorry it offends you and your delicate mirror selfie sensitivities.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    still better than all those weird laying-down bikini pictures people have lately.

:cry: guess I'll just leave then

No, stay! You look gooood. :smile:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    It's called the "Wonder Woman pose." It's a power pose.

My question is really: where do your hands belong if not on your hips? Surely not in your pockets?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I mean really who cares, but I put my had on my hip, cause it comes natural for me. I don't like to pose for pics and I think that posing for me is more awkward then the normal "putting my hand on my hip" pics. What I do or like you may not.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    because i need posing lessons???
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It seems like some women simply cannot pose for a picture without one or both hands on their hips or waist. What's up with that? It looks incredibly awkward and forced to me.

I think a hand on the hip is classier than posing in undies.