3 Day Refresh

Options

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I got it at Summit and did it last week. My results were on the low end of what my other friends experienced. I lost 3 lbs but I had been sick the weekend before (I started it on Monday) and hadn't gotten back to my normal exercise routine yet. Most of my friends lost 5-10 lbs and we've all kept it off. Starting on Day 4, you continue with the Shakeology for one meal a day and eat clean the rest of the time and exercise.

Just so we can all be fully informed - this is a coach who got reported for advertising in another BB thread.
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The purpose of challenge groups is to make sure that people who purchase a program are successful with it. That's the whole reason -- not to drum up sales. This is the follow through to make sure they do the program, answer questions, let them work with other people who are doing the same program, vent their frustrations, etc. It's just like any other exercise or weight loss group. It's for support and accountability. People who purchase a program and go off on their own are much less successful than those who continue to work with their coach and in a challenge group as they do it. We don't get paid to run challenge groups and I have many people in my groups who didn't buy their program from me -- they already had it or borrowed it or I don't ask where they got it. I still give them the same level of support. My goal is for people to achieve their goals and that is why I'm on these message boards as well. I answer any questions that I feel qualified to answer. Coaches do get paid (don't you get paid too?) but that is not our primary motivation for becoming a coach.
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes that is true and I was not aware of the rule at that time. I just started using the message boards and I had done a look at the FAQs and didn't see anything against it so I am no longer breaking that rule. It was an honest mistake but thanks for continuing to point it out. I'm not sure what you have against me. I'm honestly here trying to help people and use MyFitnessPal just like you. I just happen to also be a coach that mentioned my product when answering somebody's question not realizing that was against the rules.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I am starting 3 Day Refresh tomorrow with 5 other ladies. I have friends and their spouses who have completed and seen great results. The 3 Day refresh is designed to get rid of all the yucky foods you have eaten and start your body fresh. At Day 4 you'll feel better, less bloated and have a better understanding of eating health. The 3 day refresh includes Shakeology. Which has now been clinically proven to help with weight loss.

http://youtu.be/6ezH_atauLs (here is the proof on Shakeology)

Your "proof" doesn't hold up to scrutiny

http://voices.yahoo.com/bad-science-debunking-shakeologys-scientific-evidence-11019322.html

http://supplementhelper.com/unbiased-shakeology-review-what-is-it-does-it-work/
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Yes that is true and I was not aware of the rule at that time. I just started using the message boards and I had done a look at the FAQs and didn't see anything against it so I am no longer breaking that rule. It was an honest mistake but thanks for continuing to point it out. I'm not sure what you have against me. I'm honestly here trying to help people and use MyFitnessPal just like you. I just happen to also be a coach that mentioned my product when answering somebody's question not realizing that was against the rules.

But why would you want to swindle people into spending money that they could use for something else into buying a product that they don't need to lose weight? Nothing against you, personally, I just don't like to see people on here trying to make money off of someone who may not know any better.

Shakeology is an espensive protein shake. You can get the same effect by going to Wal-Mart, purchasing a large tub of whey protein, and incorporating a variety of fruits and vegetables into your diet. Nothing that BeachBody sells is necessary or more helpful than a healthy diet and exercise.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    I love when Beach Body MLMers (they don't "coach" anything) can't answer simple questions about the product then get all upset at those wanting verifiable scientific data on the product.

And from their own site ... "*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration."
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I love when Beach Body MLMers (they don't "coach" anything) can't answer simple questions about the product then get all upset at those wanting verifiable scientific data on the product.

They then claim that they aren't trying to make any money off of anyone. Like they didn't sink their money into this MLM scam, and are desperately trying to sell to people in order to recoop some of that cash.
  • lindseykp
    lindseykp Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm a coach too. I started day 1 today. Friend me and I will let you know how it goes!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I'm a coach too. I started day 1 today. Friend me and I will let you know how it goes!

Don't message her. It's a trap.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Just like with a pilot ... you don't have to ask if somebody is a BB MLMer .... they'll tell you.
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    What is MLM? We don't have beachbody in the UK but have seen MLM a lot on this site and don't understaaaaand
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options

I am one of those "coaches," I'm not looking for one. I guess I'm a bit confused as to why we're constantly being attacked for not having qualifications. I've never claimed to be a fitness expert or a nutritionist and I don't attempt to give my customers advice that I'm not qualified to give.
    People attack your title of "coach" because its a false title. A coach is the expert those under him or her look to for instruction and knowledge. You just told us you can't perform the basic function of the position.

I'm here to motivate and support people who are looking for some extra encouragement, that's it.
    That's a cheerleader. Your proper title is cheerleader. Or salesperson.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    What is MLM? We don't have beachbody in the UK but have seen MLM a lot on this site and don't understaaaaand

Multi level marketing ...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100366687
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    I am starting 3 Day Refresh tomorrow with 5 other ladies. I have friends and their spouses who have completed and seen great results. The 3 Day refresh is designed to get rid of all the yucky foods you have eaten and start your body fresh. At Day 4 you'll feel better, less bloated and have a better understanding of eating health. The 3 day refresh includes Shakeology. Which has now been clinically proven to help with weight loss.

http://youtu.be/6ezH_atauLs (here is the proof on Shakeology)

Your colon does the same thing as the bolded portion above .... for free.
  • fatboyliz
    Options
    Ta! Sounds like herbalife? Or arbonne?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Ta! Sounds like herbalife? Or arbonne?

Herbalife is a bad one, too. Not sure what Arbonne is, but if it's a too-good-to-be-true weiht loss product that your Facebook friends keep trying to sell you, then yes, it's an MLM. Avon is one, too, but they aren't so bad. They actually have legit products that people like.
  • fatboyliz
    Options
    Thanks! I think arbonne is more like avon as it is skincare, make up and things. Have had friends asking me to sell for them...does make me wonder if they are really friends!

Guilty of owning the mint herbalife shake. Got it off amazon so at least 100% me and not the result of a pushy 'friend'!
  • ammossrn
    ammossrn Posts: 43
    Options

But why would you want to swindle people into spending money that they could use for something else into buying a product that they don't need to lose weight? Nothing against you, personally, I just don't like to see people on here trying to make money off of someone who may not know any better.

Shakeology is an espensive protein shake. You can get the same effect by going to Wal-Mart, purchasing a large tub of whey protein, and incorporating a variety of fruits and vegetables into your diet. Nothing that BeachBody sells is necessary or more helpful than a healthy diet and exercise.

Here's the research you requested.... Independent clinical trials have been done by medicus research!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJRIb7CYA0U Maybe you're one of the people who doesn't know any better?

• ammossrn
    Options
    I'm not here to make money, I'm just clearing up what was mis-stated. This material you posted is outdated. There are new Independent clinical trials by the company Medicus Research that prove people have had better success with these products. Honestly, I feel like the personal support from a challenge group is really what sets them apart from other fitness groups. There hasn't been a real clinical study that proves it DOESN'T work, here's one that shows it does.

Do you people attack the YMCA too? ...always making you pay a monthly membership fee and preaching their Christianity? (I'm being sarcastic, love my Y membership!)
  • ammossrn
    Options
    "Avon has legit products that people like...."

Well I'm a person and I legitimately like TurboKick, Insanity, P90X, T25, PiYo, and yes Shakeology. All are legitimate products that work! I've lost over 100 pounds using their fitness programs.