140lb down - I've reached my initial goal - with pictures.

Options
nentecular
nentecular Posts: 101 Member
My original goal was to lose ten stone, that's 140lb for those who count that way and 63.5kg if you prefer that.

I started in July 2013:
july-2013-20140628-113245.jpg

I don't really have much in the way of progress pictures so here I am back in March 2014:
march-2014-20140628-113305.jpg

Here I am in May 2014:
may-2014-20140628-113322.jpg

And this is my last week in a nice new suit which I bought last weekend:
june-2014-1-20140628-113338.jpg

june-2014-2-20140628-113350.jpg

june-2014-3-20140628-113402.jpg

I last wore that tie when I got married which was 22 years ago. I weigh less now than I did then!

I have a further goal and that's to drop another half a stone and once I get there, I'll make a decision as to whether I want to do any more. Realistically though, I think that will be enough.

Replies

• NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great job!!:bigsmile:
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Good lord!!! You look so different and so good. Congrats on your weight loss.
  • Sarn5
    Sarn5 Posts: 3
    Options
    WOW! What an achievement well done. I have a similar amount to lose and am struggling at the moment just to get started. Any tips?
    Did you just calorie count or did you incorporate exercise from the very beginning.:smile:
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, you must feel just brilliant, you should be proud of what you have done :flowerforyou:
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! You look like a completely different person! Cheers to all your hard work and dedication to health! :flowerforyou:
  • 1sgs
    1sgs Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What an awesome change! The work was well worth it. Thanks for sharing!
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You truly look incredible. You are the definition of success my friend :smile:
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement! That's amazing!
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look so good in that suit!
  • KMclymont
    KMclymont Posts: 19
    Options
    Fantastic job.:smile:
  • louisekerry86
    Options
    you look fantastic! well done you! :D
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation! Congratulations on your success! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • UK_Gal
    UK_Gal Posts: 25
    Options
    I like how your before pic, while showing your weight - also depicts you smiling and out amongst life.
    I love how you after pics, also show you smiling and out amongst life.
    WONDERFUL.
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an achievement well done. I have a similar amount to lose and am struggling at the moment just to get started. Any tips?
    Did you just calorie count or did you incorporate exercise from the very beginning.:smile:
    All I've done is walk and calorie count. I use a FitBit and when I started, I built myself up to five miles/day and now I normally manage between eight and ten miles/day at an average speed of around 4.4mph.

I always eat a large percentage of my exercise back.

I didn't change what I ate at all, I still eat all the rubbish like pizza once a week, fish and chips on a friday and on a thursday I visit my aged mother who cooks me a full meal. It's only recently I've started added more healthy options in.

If I'd had to dramatically change what I ate, I wouldn't have managed it.

This has taken around a year - Here's a plot from the 'weight diary' app on my phone. As can be seen, I've only broken the trend three times, christmas, new year and when I had a long weekend away in February with my wife.
    trend-20140625-183825.png
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishment! :)
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    OMG. Congrats! You look amazing :) I bet you feel wonderful too :)
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    great job
  • brown46545
    brown46545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow, this may be one of the most incredible before/after pictures I've seen in quite some time. Amazing job. Congratulations on working so hard towards your goals.
  • realalize
    realalize Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your amazing story and for the illustrations! Very motivating! You look younger and very confident in your suit. Congratulations and good luck!
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW!!!

What a difference a year can make!
    You look super sharp in your suit -- and that tie compliments the gray PERFECTLY!

No doubt both you AND your wife are beaming with pride!
    Fabulous job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!