140lb down - I've reached my initial goal - with pictures.

Options

Replies

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Looking sharp, sir!!! Great work!!!
  • robinrm54
    robinrm54 Posts: 1
    Options
    you look great................I am 60 yrs old and I need to lose 150 pounds
  • lahlstephens
    lahlstephens Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have done an amazing job! :)
  • parkparksarah
    Options
    oh my!!! what a total transformation !! you look really great
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Looking good, fella ....... outstanding accomplishments ....... and great inspiration, so thank you for sharing !

Enjoy your life !
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    What great progress! You're a very handsome man - and I can feel the confidence and pride you have in that suit! Congratulations!
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an achievement well done. I have a similar amount to lose and am struggling at the moment just to get started. Any tips?
    Did you just calorie count or did you incorporate exercise from the very beginning.:smile:
    All I've done is walk and calorie count. I use a FitBit and when I started, I built myself up to five miles/day and now I normally manage between eight and ten miles/day at an average speed of around 4.4mph.

I always eat a large percentage of my exercise back.

I didn't change what I ate at all, I still eat all the rubbish like pizza once a week, fish and chips on a friday and on a thursday I visit my aged mother who cooks me a full meal. It's only recently I've started added more healthy options in.

If I'd had to dramatically change what I ate, I wouldn't have managed it.

This has taken around a year - Here's a plot from the 'weight diary' app on my phone. As can be seen, I've only broken the trend three times, christmas, new year and when I had a long weekend away in February with my wife.
    trend-20140625-183825.png

wow that graph really says it all. when you had those little 'blips' is when many people throw in the towel and fall off the wagon. So many people beat themselves up for not being perfect around holidays and vacation. Just because you gained a couple lbs doesn't mean you can't see TRUE success. Point and proof right there!
  • takydawa
    takydawa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! :smile:
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! That is a major accomplishment!
  • babol23
    babol23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats - great job!!!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP...wow what an amazing job.....
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Nice suit too!
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    wow that graph really says it all. when you had those little 'blips' is when many people throw in the towel and fall off the wagon. So many people beat themselves up for not being perfect around holidays and vacation. Just because you gained a couple lbs doesn't mean you can't see TRUE success. Point and proof right there!

Thank you - I've had a couple of minor blips where I've almost gone above the trend line but it genuinely has only been those three times since I started although having had a day out and a massive burger for my dinner yesterday, I came close to it this morning. I did manage to walk 35,000 steps yesterday but the scales still showed a 1lb increase today. But that's just a very small incident in the downwards trend and I'm expecting that 1lb to vanish very quickly.

Many people have suggested that I must feel better and I really really do. This is something I should have done years ago and I just regret the fact that I didn't start earlier.

I've had a couple of impressing NSVs recently. I changed my job a year or so ago and I was back in the area recently. I had an appointment to get my hair cut at my old barber and although he was expecting me, he just didn't notice me. I was sitting in the shop waiting and he came through the door and looked straight through me.

Last weekend I was at a social event and someone I've known for nearly twenty years but haven't seen for about eighteen months approached as I was chatting to another friend. Bill simply glanced at me and then started talking to Mike with absolutely no recognition whatsoever. He didn't realise it was me until I started talking!

I will not return to the old ways. I just won't happen, I'm absolutely determined not to let it.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look younger, much healthier and most importantly, happier.
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    You must feel great! Congrats!!!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment! Congratulations you look fantastic!
  • Governesses
    Options
    You look great. Well done.
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You are an inspiration!
  • 120mustdo
    120mustdo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!!!
  • jackjb2
    jackjb2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!
    :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!