Any c25k newbies?

Options
Hi everyone, i just started my c25k program today after a month of excuses lol
I managed day 1 wk1 ok i'm actually looking forward to Wednesdays session now :-)

Replies

• lisahm777
    lisahm777 Posts: 12
    Options
    I just completed week 1 yesterday. I can't wait for my next run tomorrow.
  • tropic80girl
    tropic80girl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today. I had not heard of it before, and it seems realistic to me =) Add me, we can support each other!
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Starting Week 4 tonight!

Keep going, it gets better with each session - personally plowing through Day 1 of a new week keeps me moving for the next two and I look forward to them!
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi I started last week and just finished day 3 of week 2 yesterday! I really am enjoying it!
  • valb1983
    valb1983 Posts: 18
    Options
    Wow glad to see others just starting or still doing this, it's been around so long now I thought I was going to be a loner lol
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Doing the third session of week three tomorrow morning. Enjoy is such a strong word, persevering is where I am at and waiting for the famous runner buzz to kick in. Will see how it goes
  • shellonthebeach
    shellonthebeach Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Started week 1 day 1. It would be nice to have some support buddies
  • Steeners81
    Steeners81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Starting week 1 day 1 tonight after work today
  • kb1927
    kb1927 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I finished it in May, and I just wanted to give encouragement! It might be hard some days, but it feels like such an accomplishment when you pump out those 3.11 miles without walking at the end. Also, it is much easier to add mileage after you get to that point. I am tackling a half marathon training plan next! And no matter how far I'm running, the first mile always sucks the most.

Enjoy the running!
  • IAmKellOnWheels
    IAmKellOnWheels Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 2 here! I'm finding that I actually really enjoy it! Especially, the feeling of accomplishment after I'm done. Starting week 3 Friday!
  • valb1983
    valb1983 Posts: 18
    Options
    Deffo and great news I've just done week one day two this morning and still enjoying it personally ( even if my legs disagree right now lol) feel free to add me be great to see people's progress etc x
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I am not new to c25k but I just started again. Yesterday I did Week 1 Day 1 and I had forgotten how much I enjoy running...and sweating. Since I am not new to running, I did not find it very challenging but it was a good ease back into running. I am looking forward to Day 2!
  • MamaGab92
    MamaGab92 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started last week. I'm planning to do W2D2 tonight.
  • sjeffr
    sjeffr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just started too. Tonight (if the weather cools off a bit) I'll be doing Week 3 day 3. If it's still super hot and muggy tonight I'll do it tomorrow morning.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    week 1 day 2 for me .. i love it!!
  • Fat2Fit2Fineee
    Options
    Hi everyone, i just started my c25k program today after a month of excuses lol
    I managed day 1 wk1 ok i'm actually looking forward to Wednesdays session now :-)

Congrats! I've done it off and on but haven't committed to the full program yet. It is on my to-do list but I might just shut up and start again and finish already. lol

tumblrm0beomkppg1r5ur0ho1500.gif
  • Muggs2611
    Muggs2611 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI! I had completed 4 weeks of it and fell off the wagon 2 months ago. I'm jumping back on it this week and will complete it!
  • 7ricarico
    7ricarico Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 3 last night. I'm loving it so far. A bit nervous for Week 4, but have felt so good so far with the program that I'm not going to give up :)
  • Zondeare
    Zondeare Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add my encouragement. I started it in October 2013. Took me 14 weeks because I was very overweight, out of shape and repeated a lot of weeks.

Yesterday I ran 5 miles. I'm running 12-15 miles a week and just signed up for a half marathon in January. I've also lost 45 pounds.

I hated running at first. I literally counted my steps because I know I run about 150 steps a minute. I begged myself to walk but stubbornly refused to fail. Now I love running. I don't think about the effort. I truly have "easy" runs. I feel amazing.

I'm still slow, but faster than I was. I'm still overweight but at least no longer obese. I may not be super fit, but I can physically do things I haven't been able to do in a long time. Trust the program, take it easy. Allow yourself days off and repeat weeks as needed. It will be worth it!
  • dekadai
    dekadai Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did week 1 twice since I wasn't sure I'd be ready for week 2. Starting week 2 tomorrow. I really need to work on my pacing so I'm not too tired by the end of it.